2018 October Feisties - Are you having knee surgery in October?

I have brought forward this month's list so that you can easily see who your surgical buddies are.

Welcome to our latest and all October Feisties!



[Bonesmart.org] 2018  October Feisties - Are you having knee surgery in October?


Feel free post your surgery date in this thread, and I will add you to the list. Start a thread of your own in the Pre-Op Knee Section to post comments and share your journey toward knee replacement. Here's the link that gives you the instructions you need to do this: Starting a new thread and posting

To start a new thread, hover your mouse over "Knee" on the blue line at the top of the page for the drop down menu. Click on either the "Pre Op" forum. On the upper right hand side under the "Joint Replacement Awareness Day" banner, you will see a black rectangle with the words "Post New Thread" in white. Click on this, enter whatever title you want for your thread, but do try to keep it short and sweet, then tab down to the dialogue box and start typing your post which can be as long as you need for it to be. By starting your own thread, you and your questions and concerns will receive the attention they deserve.

01 October 2018 bubblesfl, schpooko
02 October 2018 Bismitmom1, ThumperJB, crhdeh
03 October 2018 smtava
04 October 2018 Mom2Lucy, razy (bilateral), LeeApril26, Instar2, KneeCarer
08 October 2018 shells35 (partial to total), Tux, PaulaSell, Madbkseller (2nd stage revision)
09 October 2018 D2ens5
10 October 2018 Larryhg3, kafkaesk
11 October 2018 beachy
12 October 2018 ridgw003 (partial to total)
15 October 2018 Neehutchy (bilateral)NanaBeach (partial), Lefty57, scs, Redr
16 October 2018 mommaD18, MissViv18 (bilateral), AZRocker, Cinski
17 October 2018 patjshaz (partial), Whome08
18 October 2018 Txmomgmom3
22 October 2018 Tutu12 (bilateral), agilitymom (revision), hegel
23 October 2018 AnnieB, EdiePA (partial), Arty_Pantz, KathyO23, Nannie
24 October 2018 Smurph, Wncretired
25 October 2018 tarajenni (partial), Stefny, mjhandle, silkies3, JodiA145
29 October 2018 SueWStrong (revision), BeesKnees!, scruffydog
30 October 2018 Gingercat
31 October 2018 gecko, karmo, joek (partial), texasjeri
 
[Bonesmart.org] 2018  October Feisties - Are you having knee surgery in October?
@Whome08, you have been officially added to the October surgery list! You are now officially an October Feisty!

Welcome to the BoneSmart forum. We’re so pleased that you have joined us here. We want to share your journey with you so please start a thread of your own in the proper forum. By starting your own thread, you and your questions and concerns will receive the attention they deserve.

For additional help, look in the white heading under the blue, click on "Help & Info", then click on "How to Use This Forum". Lots of info there to help you navigate the forum.

We are here to help in any way we can because We Care!
 
[Bonesmart.org] 2018  October Feisties - Are you having knee surgery in October?
@JodiA145, you have been officially added to the October surgery list! You are now officially an October Feisty!

Welcome to the BoneSmart forum. We’re so pleased that you have joined us here. We want to share your journey with you so please start a thread of your own in the proper forum. By starting your own thread, you and your questions and concerns will receive the attention they deserve.

For additional help, look in the white heading under the blue, click on "Help & Info", then click on "How to Use This Forum". Lots of info there to help you navigate the forum.

We are here to help in any way we can because We Care!
 
Hi
I am having my left knee replaced on October 29. LTKR. Yikes.

I am 52, and blew it out skiing in 1988. 9 surgeries later, it’s time for a new one.
And I think I injured my right one last week trying to chase the dog.
I want to be able to play doubles tennis, go on long, pain-free walks, and have my teenage son stop telling me that I waddle when I walk.
 
[Bonesmart.org] 2018  October Feisties - Are you having knee surgery in October?
@scruffydog, you have been officially added to the October surgery list! You are now officially an October Feisty!

Welcome to the BoneSmart forum. We’re so pleased that you have joined us here. We want to share your journey with you so please start a thread of your own in the proper forum. By starting your own thread, you and your questions and concerns will receive the attention they deserve.

For additional help, look in the white heading under the blue, click on "Help & Info", then click on "How to Use This Forum". Lots of info there to help you navigate the forum.

We are here to help in any way we can because We Care!
 
all of a sudden, here I am. Scheduled yesterday! RTKR on 10/31 at 9:30 am. I have no idea what to expect but I'm glad I found the group. :)
 
[Bonesmart.org] 2018  October Feisties - Are you having knee surgery in October?
@texasjeri, you have been officially added to the October surgery list! You are now officially an October Feisty!

Welcome to the BoneSmart forum. We’re so pleased that you have joined us here. We want to share your journey with you so please start a thread of your own in the proper forum. By starting your own thread, you and your questions and concerns will receive the attention they deserve.

For additional help, look in the white heading under the blue, click on "Help & Info", then click on "How to Use This Forum". Lots of info there to help you navigate the forum.

We are here to help in any way we can because We Care!
 
Hi @texasjeri , glad you found us also, we are knee buddies mine is also 31/10/18 it is getting close now
I have found on this forum, lots of brilliant information and great people that have either been through this or like you and I are soon to be going through this, we support each other, so Welcome

:flwrysmile::flwrysmile::flwrysmile:
 
I had Left TKR on Wednesday, October 10th in NYC. I need moral support!
 
[Bonesmart.org] 2018  October Feisties - Are you having knee surgery in October?
@kafkaesk, you have been officially added to the October surgery list! You are now officially an October Feisty!

Welcome to the BoneSmart forum. We’re so pleased that you have joined us here. We want to share your journey with you so please start a thread of your own in the proper forum. By starting your own thread, you and your questions and concerns will receive the attention they deserve.

For additional help, look in the white heading under the blue, click on "Help & Info", then click on "How to Use This Forum". Lots of info there to help you navigate the forum.

We are here to help in any way we can because We Care!
 
Hi mine surgery is 10/25. Getting little nervous. Was wondering what everybody was taking to the hospital. My dr. said I'd probably be in only one night. Also did a lot of you but the riser pillow from Amazon to elevate your leg? Tks.

Also I want to day thanks for allowing me to join you group.
 
[Bonesmart.org] 2018  October Feisties - Are you having knee surgery in October?
@Instar2, you have been officially added to the October surgery list! You are now officially an October Feisty!

Welcome to the BoneSmart forum. We’re so pleased that you have joined us here. We want to share your journey with you so please start a thread of your own in the proper forum. By starting your own thread, you and your questions and concerns will receive the attention they deserve.

For additional help, look in the white heading under the blue, click on "Help & Info", then click on "How to Use This Forum". Lots of info there to help you navigate the forum.

We are here to help in any way we can because We Care!
 
[Bonesmart.org] 2018  October Feisties - Are you having knee surgery in October?
@KneeCarer, you have been officially added to the October surgery list! You are now officially an October Feisty!

Welcome to the BoneSmart forum. We’re so pleased that you have joined us here. We want to share your journey with you so please start a thread of your own in the proper forum. By starting your own thread, you and your questions and concerns will receive the attention they deserve.

For additional help, look in the white heading under the blue, click on "Help & Info", then click on "How to Use This Forum". Lots of info there to help you navigate the forum.

We are here to help in any way we can because We Care!
 
Thanks for adding me to the Oct group !
 
Was wondering what everybody was taking to the hospital.

I took too much. I could have gone with just my cell phone & charger & I would have been better off. Except for a pair of socks. I expected my leg to be swollen so I brought a pair of non-binding diabetic socks. That was a good purchase.

As for stuff for the recovery period, sometimes I wish I had the leg lifter. I took a transfer bench for the shower from a friend who passed away recently, I've used it for ten days & could probably use a regular shower seat now. I also took her recliner & that's what I've been sleeping in. The insurance company provided for a commode that I put over the toilet. That's a life saver.

If I could have afforded it, I would have liked a really good ice wrap.

Otherwise, I don't have the ability or space to buy things if I'm only going to use them for a little while.
 
[Bonesmart.org] 2018  October Feisties - Are you having knee surgery in October?
@hegel, you have been officially added to the October surgery list! You are now officially an October Feisty!

Welcome to the BoneSmart forum. We’re so pleased that you have joined us here. We want to share your journey with you so please start a thread of your own in the proper forum. By starting your own thread, you and your questions and concerns will receive the attention they deserve.

For additional help, look in the white heading under the blue, click on "Help & Info", then click on "How to Use This Forum". Lots of info there to help you navigate the forum.

We are here to help in any way we can because We Care!
 
Hi. Good luck to my fellow members having surgery tomorrow October 25th the same day as my surgery!!!

tarajenni (partial), Stefny, mjhandle, JodiA145

silkies 3 Sue
 
[Bonesmart.org] 2018  October Feisties - Are you having knee surgery in October?
@Redr, you have been officially added to the October surgery list! You are now officially an October Feisty!

Welcome to the BoneSmart forum. We’re so pleased that you have joined us here. We want to share your journey with you so please start a thread of your own in the proper forum. By starting your own thread, you and your questions and concerns will receive the attention they deserve.

For additional help, look in the white heading under the blue, click on "Help & Info", then click on "How to Use This Forum". Lots of info there to help you navigate the forum.

We are here to help in any way we can because We Care!
 
[Bonesmart.org] 2018  October Feisties - Are you having knee surgery in October?
@Nannie, you have been officially added to the October surgery list! You are now officially an October Feisty!

Welcome to the BoneSmart forum. We’re so pleased that you have joined us here. We want to share your journey with you so please start a thread of your own in the proper forum. By starting your own thread, you and your questions and concerns will receive the attention they deserve.

For additional help, look in the white heading under the blue, click on "Help & Info", then click on "How to Use This Forum". Lots of info there to help you navigate the forum.

We are here to help in any way we can because We Care!
 
[Bonesmart.org] 2018  October Feisties - Are you having knee surgery in October?
@Wncretired, you have been officially added to the October surgery list! You are now officially an October Feisty!

Welcome to the BoneSmart forum. We’re so pleased that you have joined us here. We want to share your journey with you so please start a thread of your own in the proper forum. By starting your own thread, you and your questions and concerns will receive the attention they deserve.

For additional help, look in the white heading under the blue, click on "Help & Info", then click on "How to Use This Forum". Lots of info there to help you navigate the forum.

We are here to help in any way we can because We Care!
 

Staff online

Members online

Back
Top Bottom