2018 June Sunbeams - Are you having knee surgery in June?

june 72.jpg
@Cwick, you have been officially added to the June surgery list! You are now officially a June Sunbeam!

Welcome to the BoneSmart forum. We’re so pleased that you have joined us here.
We want to share your journey with you so please start a thread of your own in the proper forum.

To start a new thread about your recovery, hover your mouse over "Knee" or "Hip"on the blue line at the top of the page for the drop down menu.

Click on either the "Pre Op" or "Recovery" forum depending where you are in your journey.

On the upper right hand side under the "Joint Replacement Awareness Day" banner, you will see a black rectangle with the words "Post New Thread" in white.

Click on this, enter whatever title you want for your thread, but do try to keep it short and sweet, then tab down to the dialogue box and start typing your post which can be as long as you need for it to be.

By starting your own thread, you and your questions and concerns will receive the attention they deserve.

For additional help, look in the white heading under the blue, click on "Help & Info", then click on "How to Use This Forum". Lots of info there to help you navigate the forum.

We are here to help in any way we can because We Care!

Im having a TKR on June 6 at the VA medical center in Dayton. My first. Its supposed to be a Zimmer/Biomet knee, and I think its the Nexgen model.

I am having either the first of two surgeries on June 4th for infection, or a one stage revision with washout. It depends on what my OS finds when he gets in there.

I am having my RTKR on Tuesday June 5th. Haven’t been able to meet my surgeo. . Hoping to do so Monday - yeah, the day before!

Last edited:
I have brought forward this month's list so that you can easily see who your surgical buddies are.

Welcome to our latest and all June Sunbeams!

sunbeams-2-jpg.30926

Feel free post your surgery date in this thread, and I will add you to the list. Start a thread of your own in the Pre-Op Knee Section to post comments and share your journey toward knee replacement. Here's the link that gives you the instructions you need to do this: Starting a new thread and posting

04 June 2018 collielady (her first), tami459, HoneyB (her second), MathProf (revision)
05 June 2018 Mumu (her second), jo4121 (revision), Sherwooky
06 June 2018 broncovet
07 June 2018 Alliecat
09 June 2018 Nick-UK
11 June 2018 Lexilou, jennyjean, Artchr, Kathy1970, denisetoli
12 June 2018 Sassy-nak, philjory
13 June 2018 collielady (her second), TinAB
16 June 2018 HappyCatTX (her second)
18 June 2018 Cwick (bilateral)
19 June 2018 Biscuit (his second)
20 June 2018 ckelli
21 June 2018 schoolRN (revision), babette12
22 June 2018 lovetocookandsew (revision)
27 June 2018 congoround, nkl811 Mollymax
28 June 2018 perugia

Last edited by a moderator:
june 61.png
@broncovet, you have been officially added to the June surgery list! You are now officially a June Sunbeam!

We want to share your journey with you so please start a thread of your own in the proper forum.

To start a new thread about your recovery, hover your mouse over "Knee" or "Hip"on the blue line at the top of the page for the drop down menu.

Click on either the "Pre Op" or "Recovery" forum depending where you are in your journey.

On the upper right hand side under the "Joint Replacement Awareness Day" banner, you will see a black rectangle with the words "Post New Thread" in white.

Click on this, enter whatever title you want for your thread, but do try to keep it short and sweet, then tab down to the dialogue box and start typing your post which can be as long as you need for it to be.

By starting your own thread, you and your questions and concerns will receive the attention they deserve.

For additional help, look in the white heading under the blue, click on "Help & Info", then click on "How to Use This Forum". Lots of info there to help you navigate the forum.

june 67.jpg
@congoround, you have been officially added to the June surgery list! You are now officially a June Sunbeam!

June 27 Left TKR. Chicago suburbs. So glad I found this forum !

Hi, very last minute but back again!

After having a LTKR cancelled on 23rd Feb I am now due for an operation on 9th June.

Absolutely relieved and made up as I struggle to walk these days unaided

june 69.jpg
@nkl811, you have been officially added to the June surgery list! You are now officially a June Sunbeam!

june 59.jpg
@Nick-UK, you have been officially added to the June surgery list! You are now officially a June Sunbeam!

My LTKR is set for June 19th. I had my right knee replaced in my May of 2014. Now it's time for the other one. My previous replacement went pretty much perfectly, so I'm hopeful of another great outcome.

june 13.jpg
@Biscuit, you have been officially added to the June surgery list! You are now officially a June Sunbeam!

Welcome back to the BoneSmart forum. We’re so pleased that you have rejoined us here.

Knee replacement on left knee on 27thJune and I am terrified. Petrified of needles - massive phobia - and I don't do pain very well. Terrified of the spinal. So bad I keep thinking I will cancel.

june 48.jpg
@Mollymax, you have been officially added to the June surgery list! You are now officially a June Sunbeam!

It's me again. my TLKR has been postponed again. I now have to go an allergist because my surgeon will not give me clindamycin which was the recommendation after my reaction to vancomycin. I am now penciled in for July 25th so can you please move me over there, thanks.

Hi all! My name is Denise. My surgery date is June 11 in Lexington, Ky. I am having a total knee replacement on the left knee. I am excited to start living pain free and getting back to the gym! Glad to meet you all!

Hi Denise- I’m having the same surgery on the same date. We can do this!

june 48.jpg
@Mollymax, you have been officially added to the June surgery list! You are now officially a June Sunbeam!

TRKR was originally scheduled for 5/29, was rescheduled to 6/26.
TLKR 3/7/17

BoneSmart #1 Best Blog

Forum statistics

Threads
BoneSmarties
Latest member
Dave4562
Recent bookmarks
Back
Top Bottom