2018 June Sunbeams - Are you having knee surgery in June?

I had a compound fracture of my right leg in 1990 at which time I broke the growth plate. In 1998 I had bone length surgery on my right phemur and a knee scope. Torn cartilage in 2003 in the same knee another scope. 2007 yet another knee scope same knee. Cortisone shots and plasma injections from 2009 till 2011 until I had full knee replacement. June 26th I'm have revision surgery to replace the spacer and remove scar tissue just worried about recovery time.

I have brought forward this month's list so that you can easily see who your surgical buddies are.

Welcome to our latest and all June Sunbeams!

sunbeams-2-jpg.30926

Feel free post your surgery date in this thread, and I will add you to the list. Start a thread of your own in the Pre-Op Knee Section to post comments and share your journey toward knee replacement. Here's the link that gives you the instructions you need to do this: Starting a new thread and posting

04 June 2018 collielady (her first), tami459, HoneyB (her second), MathProf (revision), midschool (her second)
05 June 2018 Mumu (her second), jo4121 (revision), Sherwooky
06 June 2018 broncovet
07 June 2018 Alliecat
09 June 2018 Nick-UK
11 June 2018 Lexilou, jennyjean, Artchr, Kathy1970, denisetoli
12 June 2018 Sassy-nak, philjory
13 June 2018 collielady (her second), TinAB
15 June 2018 Jag1000
16 June 2018 HappyCatTX (her second)
18 June 2018 Cwick (bilateral)
19 June 2018 Biscuit (his second)
20 June 2018 ckelli, Crissiea
21 June 2018 schoolRN (revision), babette12
22 June 2018 lovetocookandsew (revision), Blondie22
25 June 2018 Friendly54 (partial)
26 June 2018 Hayden (revision), missy87
27 June 2018 congoround, nkl811, Mollymax
28 June 2018 perugia, Spex10 (her second), mjmoor
29 June 2018 bridgetnan

Last edited by a moderator:
june 59.jpg
@Hayden, you have been officially added to the June surgery list! You are now officially a June Sunbeam!

Welcome back to the BoneSmart forum. We’re so pleased that you have rejoined us here.
We want to share your journey with you so please start a thread of your own in the proper forum.

To start a new thread about your recovery, hover your mouse over "Knee" or "Hip"on the blue line at the top of the page for the drop down menu.

Click on either the "Pre Op" or "Recovery" forum depending where you are in your journey.

On the upper right hand side under the "Joint Replacement Awareness Day" banner, you will see a black rectangle with the words "Post New Thread" in white.

Click on this, enter whatever title you want for your thread, but do try to keep it short and sweet, then tab down to the dialogue box and start typing your post which can be as long as you need for it to be.

By starting your own thread, you and your questions and concerns will receive the attention they deserve.

For additional help, look in the white heading under the blue, click on "Help & Info", then click on "How to Use This Forum". Lots of info there to help you navigate the forum.

We are here to help in any way we can because We Care!

missy87 - TRKR was originally scheduled for 5/29, was rescheduled to 6/26

june 70.jpg
@missy87, you have been officially added to the June surgery list! You are now officially a June Sunbeam.

Welcome to the BoneSmart forum. We’re so pleased that you have joined us here.
We want to share your journey with you so please start a thread of your own in the proper forum.

To start a new thread about your recovery, hover your mouse over "Knee" or "Hip"on the blue line at the top of the page for the drop down menu.

Click on either the "Pre Op" or "Recovery" forum depending where you are in your journey.

On the upper right hand side under the "Joint Replacement Awareness Day" banner, you will see a black rectangle with the words "Post New Thread" in white.

Click on this, enter whatever title you want for your thread, but do try to keep it short and sweet, then tab down to the dialogue box and start typing your post which can be as long as you need for it to be.

By starting your own thread, you and your questions and concerns will receive the attention they deserve.

For additional help, look in the white heading under the blue, click on "Help & Info", then click on "How to Use This Forum". Lots of info there to help you navigate the forum.

I am having a total knee replacement on my right knee on June 20, 2018. It was supposed to be on June 13, but I found out today (2 days before) that the surgeon has a family emergency and has to postpone it. I am working through the disappointment and focusing on next week. This will give me extra time to get all my ducks in a row!

Hello, having a TKR left knee on June 15. Scared to death does not even begin to describe. Had plenty of surgeries before, including two level lumbar fusion, but this one's got me worried.

june 74.jpg
@Crissiea, you have been officially added to the June surgery list! You are now officially a June Sunbeam.

june 23.jpg
@Jag1000, you have been officially added to the June surgery list! You are now officially a June Sunbeam.

I had a LTKR on June 4th. I know the date is past but it’s still June so can I still be added?

june 71.jpg
@Blondie22, you have been officially added to the June surgery list! You are now officially a June Sunbeam.

june 18.jpg
@midschool, you have been officially added to the June surgery list! You are now officially a June Sunbeam.

I'm back for a LTKR to match my RTKR. 28th June! Just back from pre op appointment. Oh dear. Not feeling happy!

june 52.jpg
@Spex10, you have been officially added to the June surgery list! You are now officially a June Sunbeam!

Welcome back to the BoneSmart forum. We’re so pleased that you have rejoined us here.

29 June 2018 Bridgetnan

Hi, I'm new to this forum, I have my tkr surgery in one week. I'm scared to death and have had many dreams of cancelling at the last minute and not going through with this. I have horrible arthritis and had major foot surgery 5 years ago. My foot still hurts and because of my bad gait from my foot, my right knee rapidly went downhill. I have bone on bone, I think my doctor said in all 3 compartments? I'm just hoping to connect with people here who have been through this.

Last edited by a moderator:
june 37.jpg
@bridgetnan, you have been officially added to the June surgery list! You are now officially a June Sunbeam.

babette12 - surgery date now changed to July 20, 2018

Already added to list.

I am scheduled to have PKR on my right knee on June 18.i had my left PKR done about 12 years ago

My surgery was scheduled to June 25 because my cat had scratched my surgery knee. I've heard all the bad versions of Cat Scratch Fever I can stand. All healed and ready to get it done.

LTKR June 28th! Worried and scared.

BoneSmart #1 Best Blog

Staff online

• djklaugh
    Staff member since December 30, 2020
  • mendogal
    Staff member since November 10, 2023
  • Jockette
    Staff member since March 18, 2018

Forum statistics

Threads
BoneSmarties