2018 June Sunbeams - Are you having hip surgery in June?

Hello!

I’m having my right hip replaced June 14. I’m looking forward to less pain and not having to always worry about pain ... “Can I ____ or will it hurt?”

I had my left knee replaced in October of 2016. I lurked here a TON! Lots and lots of great information!

Thank you! :wave:
 
I have brought forward this month's list so that you can easily see who your surgical buddies are.

Welcome to our latest and all June Sunbeams!


[Bonesmart.org] 2018 June Sunbeams - Are you having hip surgery in June?


Feel free post your surgery date in this thread, and I will add you to the list. Start a thread of your own in the Pre-Op Hip Section to post comments and share your journey toward hip replacement. Here's the link that gives you the instructions you need to do this: Starting a new thread and posting

04 June 2018 lunchlady
05 June 2018 PerthHippy, AnnieRose2
06 June 2018 Ursula72
08 June 2018 luvsibes
11 June 2018 movingwell (her second), Sbrummer
12 June 2018 Thesoutherncook
14 June 2018 Kris_MN
18 June 2018 Dracia, LindaSF (bilateral)
19 June 2018 emilymae99
20 June 2018 Ascorpiana
22 June 2018 BeBe (her second)
 
[Bonesmart.org] 2018 June Sunbeams - Are you having hip surgery in June?
@Kris_MN, you have been officially added to the June surgery list! You are now officially a June Sunbeam!

Welcome to the BoneSmart forum. We’re so pleased that you have joined us here. If you have not started a thread of your own, please do so. Here's a link to tell you how:Starting a new thread and posting With your own thread, you and your questions and concerns will receive the attention they deserve.

For additional help, look in the white heading under the blue, click on Help & Info, then click on How to Use This Forum. Lots of info there to help you navigate the forum.

We are here to help in any way we can because We Care!
 
I am having total hip replacement on June 8. I have never been in the hospital except for a tonsillectomy when I was 4 years old. I've never broken a bone or had any major surgeries. I'm excited to end 4 years of pain but a bit anxious! I'm a wimp about blood stuff and wound care!

I'm strong as I've done warm water pool exercise for 3 years now 2-3x/week and have a great Dr. I trust. This group has been recommended by my pool friends!

I'm off my small dose of tramadol and CBD using Tylenol only and a CBD topicalfor the next 2 weeks. I'm in increased pain today and wonder how the next 2 weeks will be!

i'm looking forward to learning and getting more support with all of you.
 
I’m having my THP June 5. I’m a swimmer too! I take aqua Zumba and aqua classes 2 x a week. I love being in the water. That’s my goal..get back in pool . Best of luck do Us
 
AnnieRose2, my orthopedist is a total advocate for the pool work pre-post surgery! I am also looking forward to resuming my yoga on a mat. I've taken certification to teach an adapted chair yoga and will continue to teach this modality but am anxious to be able to get on the floor again and really snuggle my dog!
 
Last edited by a moderator:
Luvs..soul sister, I practice chair yoga..
I’m having my surgery in NYC. My doctor is perfect for me..very calming , not rushed, sits with me and we talk.
 
Last edited by a moderator:
AnnieRose2-where was your avatar photo taken? Beautiful!
 
St. Thomas USVI. We are returning this December. So I have to be A-ok
Love St. Thomas. The Island is still recovering from the 2 hurricanes last year.
 
[Bonesmart.org] 2018 June Sunbeams - Are you having hip surgery in June?
@luvsibes, you have been officially added to the June surgery list! You are now officially a June Sunbeam!

Welcome to the BoneSmart forum. We’re so pleased that you have joined us here. If you have not started a thread of your own, please do so. Here's a link to tell you how:Starting a new thread and posting With your own thread, you and your questions and concerns will receive the attention they deserve.

For additional help, look in the white heading under the blue, click on Help & Info, then click on How to Use This Forum. Lots of info there to help you navigate the forum.

We are here to help in any way we can because We Care!
 
[Bonesmart.org] 2018 June Sunbeams - Are you having hip surgery in June?
@AnnieRose2, you have been officially added to the June surgery list! You are now officially a June Sunbeam!

Welcome to the BoneSmart forum. We’re so pleased that you have joined us here. If you have not started a thread of your own, please do so. Here's a link to tell you how:Starting a new thread and posting With your own thread, you and your questions and concerns will receive the attention they deserve.

For additional help, look in the white heading under the blue, click on Help & Info, then click on How to Use This Forum. Lots of info there to help you navigate the forum.

We are here to help in any way we can because We Care!
 
Hello!

I’m having my right hip replaced June 14. I’m looking forward to less pain and not having to always worry about pain ... “Can I ____ or will it hurt?”

I had my left knee replaced in October of 2016. I lurked here a TON! Lots and lots of great information!

Thank you! :wave:

I totally go through that "can I ____or will it hurt?" all the time....I stop doing a lot of things because of it. I thought because I am 49 I am too young to thr, but reading in this forum apparently not.
 
I’m having my THP June 5. I’m a swimmer too! I take aqua Zumba and aqua classes 2 x a week. I love being in the water. That’s my goal..get back in pool . Best of luck do Us
You’re an active lady ! I’m not, but doing the pre op exercises as much as I can as I’ve had arthritis now for 22 years so I’m not very active at all, I’m 72, but that’s no excuse really. My THR is a day after you.
 
Ursula, I'm trying to still stay active. The Nurse Practitioner said just keep moving. I think walking is the best. My aqua class got a bit tough for me ,,that' s why I sign up for this "excursion" we're taking. The OS sent me a computer link to a program called FORCE. There are daily strengthening exercises and a log -in journal. it's helping. If I don't do the prescribed exercises, i just keep moving. My chair yoga is very good. If you can, look at you-tube for that. it's amazing how they are able to adjust yoga class while sitting in a folding chair. Good Luck to US. Please keep in touch
 
Thanks to everyone for posting what you are doing and your past experience with surgery. I'll be sending "sunbeams" to everyone as we go through this!

Kris MN - where did you get a tee-shirt like you mentioned? Sounds fun! I understand the "quit doing things" approach to coping with the hip pain. My 3 years of retirement have all been focused on "I used to..." and moderating and avoiding things like hiking, etc. I'm done and ready to move on! Good luck with your surgery. I'll be home with mine and sending healing energy to you!

Ursula72 and AnnieRose2 - the pool has been my lifesaver. If someone would have told me I'd be a pool mermaid in my 60's I'd have laughed at them. Now I am one. My Dr. is all about the pool. If the wound is healed, I'll be back at the warm waterpool within 4 weeks!
 
Last edited by a moderator:
AnnieRose2 - soul sister - we both also love the island life! It's great to have the trip in Dec. to look forward to. I'm glad that St. Thomas and USVI are able to have the tourism continue. What a nice opportunity for you and for the islanders.

We go to Maui every year. It's my happy place and where I go during MRI's and will be my visualization during the surgery journey. We went last fall and are skipping this year (hip, elder care challenges, new rescue husky, etc.) but we will be going in 2019 for certain. Here's my matching pic of your avator from the Pacific side!

Now tell my you have huskies and we'll truly be soul sisters! LOL!

I'll be sending you "sunbeams" and thinking of you.
 

Attachments

  • [Bonesmart.org] 2018 June Sunbeams - Are you having hip surgery in June?
    Ota 250-final.jpg
    94.4 KB · Views: 241
AnnieRose2 - soul sister - we both also love the island life! It's great to have the trip in Dec. to look forward to. I'm glad that St. Thomas and USVI are able to have the tourism continue. What a nice opportunity for you and for the islanders.

We go to Maui every year. It's my happy place and where I go during MRI's and will be my visualization during the surgery journey. We went last fall and are skipping this year (hip, elder care challenges, new rescue husky, etc.) but we will be going in 2019 for certain. Here's my matching pic of your avator from the Pacific side!

Now tell my you have huskies and we'll truly be soul sisters! LOL!

I'll be sending you "sunbeams" and thinking of you.

Luvs, Soul sister , no huskies, just 2 kitty cats..been to Maui, road to Hana. Loved it there ..St. Thomas , for us is the easy button. Pre admission tomorrow AM.. (it’s getting real) I
I will met the anesthesiologist and discuss sedation. I want to be “Out.” No pain , no sounds. I’m a retired X-ray tech , so I know first hand what goes on during HR surgery. I’m determined to stay in the positive. I will honor my body and this journey with its ups and downs..see it , believe it, live it. Thank you for the sunshine. Let all light shine on us
 
Back
Top Bottom