2018 June Sunbeams - Are you having hip surgery in June?

Hello . I randomly found this forum over a month ago but didn’t receive my email confirmation— today I tried again , success.

I was born with a left dislocated hip and had my first surgery in 1973. Which back then was a two staged procedure with several weeks in hospital and a body cast and six months of crutches and no Physio . Long story short I did an early retirement in the Fall of 2016 and jumped into Aquafitness and injured my left hip flexor which we though were two tears. It’s a long wait for an MRI which I finally received in March 2017. Good news no tears bad news blown left hip. Finally saw the surgeon in October 2017, set my surgery for June when I’d have some family around. LTHR June 20th!
 
I have brought forward this month's list so that you can easily see who your surgical buddies are.

Welcome to our latest and all June Sunbeams!

[Bonesmart.org] 2018 June Sunbeams - Are you having hip surgery in June?


Feel free post your surgery date in this thread, and I will add you to the list. Start a thread of your own in the Pre-Op Hip Section to post comments and share your journey toward hip replacement. Here's the link that gives you the instructions you need to do this: Starting a new thread and posting

04 June 2018 lunchlady
06 June 2018 Ursula72
11 June 2018 movingwell (her second)
12 June 2018 Thesoutherncook
18 June 2018 Dracia, Sbrummer, LindaSF (bilateral)
20 June 2018 Ascorpiana
 
[Bonesmart.org] 2018 June Sunbeams - Are you having hip surgery in June?
@Ascorpiana, you have been officially added to the June surgery list! You are now officially a June Sunbeam!

Welcome to the BoneSmart forum. We’re so pleased that you have joined us here. If you have not started a thread of your own, please do so. Here's a link to tell you how:Starting a new thread and posting With your own thread, you and your questions and concerns will receive the attention they deserve.

For additional help, look in the white heading under the blue, click on Help & Info, then click on How to Use This Forum. Lots of info there to help you navigate the forum.

We are here to help in any way we can because We Care!
 
Yes my TLH is scheduled for June 20

I was born with a dislocated hip and had my first surgery which was a relatively new technique at the time called a Salter’s Osteotomy created by Dr Robert Salter a reknowned Pediatric Orthopaedic Surgeon from the Hospital For Sick Children’s in Toronto Canada. Back then I had bone grafts from my leg bone to build back the joint so two surgeries about a month apart and a body cast for 8 weeks. Followed by six months with crutches and no Physiotherapy. I’ve three pins still in place.

My surgery (not sure if the length they normally are will have an additional half hour to remove those pins.

The Orthopedic surgeon who I saw in the fall said I had done well for it to last over 40 years.

I injured to hip flexors in the fall of 2016 so when I had my MRI I was a bit devastated to know no tear repair required but my hip was blown. I had some fairly good SI joint pain prior which led me to an early retirement. I suppose it’s all connected.

My pain is quite intense and due to being on blood thinners for another medical condition I can take nothing for pain - I was recommended last summer to a Cannabis Clinic and use the CBD oil to keep the inflammation down and the pain receptors quiet.

I’m trying not to overthink this surgery

Thank you for adding me it will be nice to have people to talk with who understand
 
I had an advanced core decompression 2/19. It was going well - until it wasn’t. I’m now scheduled to have THR 6/18. I’m pretty bummed my procedure didn’t work.
 
[Bonesmart.org] 2018 June Sunbeams - Are you having hip surgery in June?
@Sbrummer, you have been officially added to the June surgery list! You are now officially a June Sunbeam!

Welcome to the BoneSmart forum. We’re so pleased that you have joined us here. If you have not started a thread of your own, please do so. Here's a link to tell you how:Starting a new thread and posting With your own thread, you and your questions and concerns will receive the attention they deserve.

For additional help, look in the white heading under the blue, click on Help & Info, then click on How to Use This Forum. Lots of info there to help you navigate the forum.

We are here to help in any way we can because We Care!
 
Hi I think I will be in for a long wait I have already been told February and then April and now June so I don't really trust the hospital. For all I know my operation could be at the end of the year. I am getting really sick of waiting
 
[Bonesmart.org] 2018 June Sunbeams - Are you having hip surgery in June?
Waiting is a real bummer----hope June is it for you. Post again in this thread when you get a definite date so I can add you to the surgery list.

 
That's the problem each time they have given me a different date they it is not definite and can change
 
@LINDZ1975, if they have given you a date for June, just let me know what it is. I can then put you on the list. If it changes later, all you have to do is post me and I'll be more than happy to make the change for you---even if we have to do it several times.
 
Hello

I am on for June 11th total hip replacement. I am happy to have reconnected with this forum as it was so helpful in 2009 when I had my first one done. I have recently moved to New Mexico from New York so I have less support then I did then so this is meaningful for me.
 
[Bonesmart.org] 2018 June Sunbeams - Are you having hip surgery in June?
@movingwell, you have been officially added to the JuneH surgery list! You are now officially a June Sunbeam!


Welcome to the BoneSmart forum. We’re so pleased that you have joined us here. If you have not started a thread of your own, please do so. Here's a link to tell you how:Starting a new thread and posting With your own thread, you and your questions and concerns will receive the attention they deserve.

For additional help, look in the white heading under the blue, click on Help & Info, then click on How to Use This Forum. Lots of info there to help you navigate the forum.

We are here to help in any way we can because We Care!
 
thank you! I'm starting to get nervous even though I 've done this before! This time I don't have a husband and a nurse/friend who were both with me throughout the whole thing. I'm a little more on my own this time with some help from a few friends and housemates. I'm sure I'll be ok and I'm prepping well...love this forum and the support given
 
Hi movingwell

Good luck with your surgery in June this year I hope it goes well for you, I should be having a complex left hip replacement at the end of june this year if they don't postponed it again.

I hope your surgery goes really well for you.
 
I’m like you guys - I want the THR but I don’t. All I really want is just for my stupid hip to stop hurting and for it to start working correctly again.
 
Back
Top Bottom