BoneSmart® Hip / Knee Replacement Forum
Joint Replacement Patient Advocacy
and Online Community
Dismiss Notice

Shopping on Amazon Prime Day July 15-16?

Make purchases through smile.amazon and Amazon will donate a portion of your purchase amount to BoneSmart!

Sign up at Smile.amazon.com and indicate our parent organization, The Foundation for the Advancement in Research in Medicine, Inc. All of the donation funds received from Amazon purchases are transferred to BoneSmart to help keep us up and running.

2018 June Sunbeams - Are you having hip surgery in June?

Discussion in 'Hip Replacement Pre-Op Area' started by bottomshollow, Mar 2, 2018.

1. movingwell

movingwell junior member

United States United States
    thanks Lindz1975, I appreciate it. I hope yours does too and that the complex part isn't too complex!

2. LINDZ1975

LINDZ1975 junior member

United Kingdom United Kingdom
    thank you movingwell I appreciate that too and I also hope that it isn't too complex, are you having a general Anathestic or a spinal. I have been told I won't be having a spinal, for me it will probably be a epidural combined with a general anathestic., the surgeon said he didn't want me to wake up half way through the surgery and also that my surgery could be 4-5 hours long.

3. bottomshollow

bottomshollow ADMINISTRATOR Administrator

I have brought forward this month's list so that you can easily see who your surgical buddies are.

Welcome to our latest and all June Sunbeams!

[​IMG]

Feel free post your surgery date in this thread, and I will add you to the list. Start a thread of your own in the Pre-Op Hip Section to post comments and share your journey toward hip replacement. Here's the link that gives you the instructions you need to do this: Starting a new thread and posting

04 June 2018 lunchlady
    05 June 2018 PerthHippy
    06 June 2018 Ursula72
    11 June 2018 movingwell (her second), Sbrummer
    12 June 2018 Thesoutherncook
    18 June 2018 Dracia, LindaSF (bilateral)
    19 June 2018 emilymae99
    20 June 2018 Ascorpiana
    22 June 2018 BeBe (her second)

4. Apricot

Apricot senior

Hello everyone.
    For those of us in the UK. Lidl have useful post ops things for sale from 20th May. Less expensive than Amazon or some of the other sellers.

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. Ursula72

Ursula72 member

Hello June Sunbeams, my right THR is fast approaching, my mini preoperative on 31st May....I get the trembles now and then. When I get in and out of bed I practise doing it all as instructed in the information given me by the hospital. It's difficult as this old hip is very painful and cracks and breaks and groan (like the rest of my old body)I will be glad to get the hip done. I lift my bad leg up with my pyjama trousers.....very useful.when I have the hip done my son will look after me for a short while, but I don't want him to have too much time off work, so I'm going to more or less look after myself. I have a friend, he's 82 and not too good as he is weak after a bad fall in February. So I will see how it all goes. Be brave all you June Sunbeams

6. Ursula72

Ursula72 member

Addition to my last post....my hip doesn't break and groan, it creaks and groans ....this Kindle I'm writing on puts its own words in ....

• Funny Funny x 1
  7. LINDZ1975

LINDZ1975 junior member

I hate this waiting, I have still not heard anything yet and I am still thinking of the GA and not waking up has anyone got any suggestions to take my mind off it.

8. BeBe

BeBe graduate

Good morning @bottomshollow
    My second hip scheduled June 22 -- LTHR. Please add me to your list!
    RTHR was done March 23
    2018 year of new hips for me

• Like Like x 2
  9. bottomshollow

june 38.jpg @BeBe, you have been officially added to the June surgery list! You are now officially a June Sunbeam!

Welcome backto the BoneSmart forum. We’re so pleased that you have rejoined us here. If you have not started a thread of your own, please do so. Here's a link to tell you how:Starting a new thread and posting With your own thread, you and your questions and concerns will receive the attention they deserve.

For additional help, look in the white heading under the blue, click on Help & Info, then click on How to Use This Forum. Lots of info there to help you navigate the forum.

We are here to help in any way we can because We Care!

10. Sbrummer

Sbrummer junior member

I’m happy to say that my surgery has been moved up to 6/11! That’s one week closer to healing.

• Like Like x 1
  11. bottomshollow

sunshine girl 2.jpg @Sbrummer, your surgery date has been officially changed!

• Like Like x 1
  12. emilymae99

emilymae99 junior member

I'm having a complex left hip replacement on the 19th June! Can't wait for it to be over and done with :)

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  13. bottomshollow

june 33.jpg @emilymae99, you have been officially added to the June surgery list! You are now officially a June Sunbeam!

Welcome to the BoneSmart forum. We’re so pleased that you have joined us here. If you have not started a thread of your own, please do so. Here's a link to tell you how:Starting a new thread and posting With your own thread, you and your questions and concerns will receive the attention they deserve.

For additional help, look in the white heading under the blue, click on Help & Info, then click on How to Use This Forum. Lots of info there to help you navigate the forum.

• Like Like x 1
  14. Jamie

Jamie ADMINISTRATOR Administrator

@bottomshollow.....I've added LindaSF to the list as her name seems to have been missed. Welcome to the Sunbeams, Linda!!!

• Like Like x 1
  15. bottomshollow

june 51.jpg @LindaSF, you have been officially added to the June surgery list! You are now officially a June Sunbeam!

Welcome to the BoneSmart forum. We’re so pleased that you have joined us here. If you have not started a thread of your own, please do so. Here's a link to tell you how:Starting a new thread and posting With your own thread, you and your questions and concerns will receive the attention they deserve.

16. LINDZ1975

LINDZ1975 junior member

Hi all my surgery has been bought forward it is now on Thursday 31st may.

I am surprised that I don't have to go for another pre op. Also I am still feeling nervous about the general anaesthetic and not waking up and being a bit over weight. Has anyone on here been over weight and had a hip replacement operation under general anaesthetic. I am looking forward to having a less painful hip and I have a big holiday next year in August 2019 I am going to Australia for 3 weeks.

17. PerthHippy

PerthHippy new member

Australia Australia
    I am having a right hip replacement on 5th June 2018...I am getting a little bit more worried now,as it gets closer.

18. bottomshollow

june 48.jpg @PerthHippy, you have been officially added to the June surgery list! You are now officially a June Sunbeam!

19. Artchr

Artchr new member

I will be having TKR on June 11. A bit apprehensive, not knowing what to expect!

20. Kris_MN

Kris_MN new member

Hello!

I’m definitely overweight and was under general anesthesia when I had my knee replaced in October of 2016. I do however have to do another preop ... maybe call you primary doctor if you’re concerned. :)

I always struggle with my weight but especially now when I have such limited mobility and do much pain. Doing anything exercise-wise is painful or uncomfortable. I’m looking forward to getting back to being more active!

Good luck! :)