2018 December Supernovas - Are you having knee surgery in December?

[Bonesmart.org] 2018 December Supernovas - Are you having knee surgery in December?
@fishy2U, you have been officially added to the December surgery list! You are now officially a December Supernova!

Welcome to the BoneSmart forum. We’re so pleased that you have joined us here. We want to share your journey with you so please start a thread of your own in the proper forum.By starting your own thread, you and your questions and concerns will receive the attention they deserve.

For additional help, look in the white heading under the blue, click on "Help & Info", then click on "How to Use This Forum". Lots of info there to help you navigate the forum. Also, always scroll to the top of the most current page of this thread to see who's on the December list.

We are here to help in any way we can because We Care!
 
I have brought forward this month's list so that you can easily see who your surgical buddies are.


Welcome to our latest and all December SuperNovas!



[Bonesmart.org] 2018 December Supernovas - Are you having knee surgery in December?


Feel free post your surgery date in this thread, and I will add you to the list. Start a thread of your own in the Pre-Op Knee Section to post comments and share your journey toward hip replacement. Here's the link that gives you the instructions you need to do this:

To start a new thread, hover your mouse "Knee" on the blue line at the top of the page for the drop down menu. Click on the "Pre Op". On the upper right hand side under the "Joint Replacement Awareness Day" banner, you will see a black rectangle with the words "Post New Thread" in white. Click on this, enter whatever title you want for your thread, but do try to keep it short and sweet, then tab down to the dialogue box and start typing your post which can be as long as you need for it to be.

By starting your own thread, you and your questions and concerns will receive the attention they deserve. For additional help, look in the white heading under the blue, click on "Help & Info", then click on "How to Use This Forum". Lots of info there to help you navigate the forum.

We are here to help in any way we can because We Care!

03 December 2018 SunnyDayz, gypsymom, bunchgrass
04 December 2018 donnag1108, jean6183, bigal1947, Wren (partial), Fender78
05 December 2018 Coach_HL, Sunnyme
08 December 2018 GrauntieD
10 December 2018 Susan1234, sillyBilly, Denny 39, ebungalow
11 December 2018 Grammyof2, fabie, 1BirdLady (revision), celticmom2, Jenn, fishy2U, Kperform
12 December 2018 Mollymax
17 December 2018 DebCoz, Gimpy9, Beezknees, MackiePafl, Pamjam68
18 December 2018 bumneej, Pattrick, hallie2 (partial), Jayla (bilateral)
20 December 2018 skyblue
 
[Bonesmart.org] 2018 December Supernovas - Are you having knee surgery in December?
@Wren, you have been officially added to the December surgery list! You are now officially a December Supernova!

Welcome to the BoneSmart forum. We’re so pleased that you have joined us here. We want to share your journey with you so please start a thread of your own in the proper forum.By starting your own thread, you and your questions and concerns will receive the attention they deserve.

For additional help, look in the white heading under the blue, click on "Help & Info", then click on "How to Use This Forum". Lots of info there to help you navigate the forum. Also, always scroll to the top of the most current page of this thread to see who's on the December list.

We are here to help in any way we can because We Care!
 
[Bonesmart.org] 2018 December Supernovas - Are you having knee surgery in December?
@Sunnyme, you have been officially added to the December surgery list! You are now officially a December Supernova!

Welcome to the BoneSmart forum. We’re so pleased that you have joined us here. We want to share your journey with you so please start a thread of your own in the proper forum.By starting your own thread, you and your questions and concerns will receive the attention they deserve.

For additional help, look in the white heading under the blue, click on "Help & Info", then click on "How to Use This Forum". Lots of info there to help you navigate the forum. Also, always scroll to the top of the most current page of this thread to see who's on the December list.

We are here to help in any way we can because We Care!
 
[Bonesmart.org] 2018 December Supernovas - Are you having knee surgery in December?
@Fender78, you have been officially added to the December surgery list! You are now officially a December Supernova!

Welcome to the BoneSmart forum. We’re so pleased that you have joined us here. We want to share your journey with you so please start a thread of your own in the proper forum.By starting your own thread, you and your questions and concerns will receive the attention they deserve.

For additional help, look in the white heading under the blue, click on "Help & Info", then click on "How to Use This Forum". Lots of info there to help you navigate the forum. Also, always scroll to the top of the most current page of this thread to see who's on the December list.

We are here to help in any way we can because We Care!
 
[Bonesmart.org] 2018 December Supernovas - Are you having knee surgery in December?
@Pattrick, you have been officially added to the December surgery list! You are now officially a December Supernova!

Welcome to the BoneSmart forum. We’re so pleased that you have joined us here. We want to share your journey with you so please start a thread of your own in the proper forum.By starting your own thread, you and your questions and concerns will receive the attention they deserve.

For additional help, look in the white heading under the blue, click on "Help & Info", then click on "How to Use This Forum". Lots of info there to help you navigate the forum. Also, always scroll to the top of the most current page of this thread to see who's on the December list.

We are here to help in any way we can because We Care!
 
My second is TKR scheduled for December 17th. When I got my 1st TKR in May I never imagined I would be agreeing to do it again in the same year. For some reason my “good” knee went south quite quickly after my first TKR in May. Ready to get it over with. I found out today my surgery is not scheduled till 2:30 pm. I would much prefer to do it earlier in the day but it is what it is. See you on the other side. I found BoneSmart so helpful first go round and as I am using a different surgeon and different hospital because my furst OS retired I may still need advice.
 
[Bonesmart.org] 2018 December Supernovas - Are you having knee surgery in December?
@Pamjam68, you have been officially added to the December surgery list! You are now officially a December Supernova!

Welcome back to the BoneSmart forum. We’re so pleased that you have rejoined us here. We want to share your journey with you so please start a thread of your own in the proper forum.By starting your own thread, you and your questions and concerns will receive the attention they deserve.

For additional help, look in the white heading under the blue, click on "Help & Info", then click on "How to Use This Forum". Lots of info there to help you navigate the forum. Also, always scroll to the top of the most current page of this thread to see who's on the December list.

We are here to help in any way we can because We Care!
 
Surgery done! Back home yesterday. A very good stay despite my opioid resistance. Oxycodone, Vicodin, did not help. Finally went to Dilaudid to ease the pain but left me very sleepy. So now I'm home and taking Tramadol and Tylenol with success. Getting around well with a walker..PT starts Saturday! Don't forget your ankle pumps while you're sitting! [emoji3590] Good luck all!

Sent from my LG-LS777 using Tapatalk
 
hi
12/18 right lateral pkr
me, not the horse
 
[Bonesmart.org] 2018 December Supernovas - Are you having knee surgery in December?
@hallie2, you have been officially added to the December surgery list! You are now officially a December Supernova!

Welcome back to the BoneSmart forum. We’re so pleased that you have rejoined us here. We want to share your journey with you so please start a thread of your own in the proper forum.By starting your own thread, you and your questions and concerns will receive the attention they deserve.

For additional help, look in the white heading under the blue, click on "Help & Info", then click on "How to Use This Forum". Lots of info there to help you navigate the forum. Also, always scroll to the top of the most current page of this thread to see who's on the December list.

We are here to help in any way we can because We Care!
 
[Bonesmart.org] 2018 December Supernovas - Are you having knee surgery in December?
@Denny39, you have been officially added to the December surgery list! You are now officially a December Supernova!

Welcome back to the BoneSmart forum. We’re so pleased that you have rejoined us here. We want to share your journey with you so please start a thread of your own in the proper forum.By starting your own thread, you and your questions and concerns will receive the attention they deserve.

For additional help, look in the white heading under the blue, click on "Help & Info", then click on "How to Use This Forum". Lots of info there to help you navigate the forum. Also, always scroll to the top of the most current page of this thread to see who's on the December list.

We are here to help in any way we can because We Care!
 
[Bonesmart.org] 2018 December Supernovas - Are you having knee surgery in December?
@Kperform, you have been officially added to the December surgery list! You are now officially a December Supernova!

Welcome back to the BoneSmart forum. We’re so pleased that you have rejoined us here. We want to share your journey with you so please start a thread of your own in the proper forum.By starting your own thread, you and your questions and concerns will receive the attention they deserve.

For additional help, look in the white heading under the blue, click on "Help & Info", then click on "How to Use This Forum". Lots of info there to help you navigate the forum. Also, always scroll to the top of the most current page of this thread to see who's on the December list.

We are here to help in any way we can because We Care!
 
[Bonesmart.org] 2018 December Supernovas - Are you having knee surgery in December?
@Jayla, you have been officially added to the December surgery list! You are now officially a December Supernova!

Welcome back to the BoneSmart forum. We’re so pleased that you have rejoined us here. We want to share your journey with you so please start a thread of your own in the proper forum.By starting your own thread, you and your questions and concerns will receive the attention they deserve.

For additional help, look in the white heading under the blue, click on "Help & Info", then click on "How to Use This Forum". Lots of info there to help you navigate the forum. Also, always scroll to the top of the most current page of this thread to see who's on the December list.

We are here to help in any way we can because We Care
!
 
I had a RTKR on December 10 - have been posting but I don’t think I ever added my name to this list.

Thanks!
 
[Bonesmart.org] 2018 December Supernovas - Are you having knee surgery in December?
@ebungalow, you have been officially added to the December surgery list! You are now officially a December Supernova!

Welcome back to the BoneSmart forum. We’re so pleased that you have rejoined us here. We want to share your journey with you so please start a thread of your own in the proper forum.By starting your own thread, you and your questions and concerns will receive the attention they deserve.

For additional help, look in the white heading under the blue, click on "Help & Info", then click on "How to Use This Forum". Lots of info there to help you navigate the forum. Also, always scroll to the top of the most current page of this thread to see who's on the December list.

We are here to help in any way we can because We Care!
 
That’s it now. I had the right hip done in 2011 and the left in 2014.

I opted to have both knees done together as I just couldn’t bear the thought of going through this again. My surgery went well but I have had a reaction to the medicine which has left me with an angry rash (feels like fire ants running around and biting me) from the top to the bottom of my legs and to a lesser degree on my back. I am slathering my legs with various creams and potions every half hour and taking Benadryl every 4 hours just to maintain my sanity. It is hindering my recovery since I can get it mostly under control but as soon as I move, it flairs up again so I really don’t even want to move.

It also wakes me up at night which is such a great help because I am hardly sleeping anyway. Despite this, I saw my doc yesterday 10 days post op and she said the wound is healing well and she says I am moving around fine.

I cannot take the dilaudid nor the Tramadol so I am left with oxycodone 5mg and Tylenol 4 x day which doesn’t quite cut the pain enough to feel super comfortable but it’s better than encouraging the rash.

I am so pleased to find this form since the PT who is coming to the house wants to push me to get to the optimum angles of extension and flexion and was not happy with my progress last week. I know she is going to give me a hard time this week but like I said, my pain is barely under control so there is only so much I can do. After reading through things on this forum, I will stand my ground with her this week and progress at MY pace. Right?
 
Hi @celticmom2!

Do you have a thread in the post-op area? Would have answered there but I couldn’t find it.

Sounds like you’re doing really well! I’m very happy for you :)

My progress is right in line with yours. Last week my PT measured 100 degrees flex and about 2 extension.

I’m sure this has increased a bit as I can now make backwards rotations on a stationary bike with the seat set high.

I’m not sleeping in bed either - am sleeping in my recliner nest. I think it took me about 3 months to make it back to bed the last two times.

Are you liking your PT? Good to hear you’re working through it if you like it.

I think I’m going to drop formal PT. I don’t do anything there that I can’t do at home or at a local gym with an inside walking track.

I’m highly motivated too and will do the work on my own. I also hurt my own feelings a lot less often than my PT has been hurting them haha

Thanks for reaching out and it’s great to hear that your progress is good - and it sounds like you’re in good spirits.

Georgia
 

Staff online

  • djklaugh
    Staff member since December 30, 2020

Members online

Back
Top Bottom