2017 October Feisties - Are you having knee surgery in October?

@sooz I’m having one knee done, my right knee. Surgery is Monday and i’m ready in every way except mentally. Have you already had yours? How are you doing?

@kbueno44 I see that you had your surgery 2 days ago. I hope all went well and you’ll be able to tell us how you’re doing soon. Mine is next Monday and I can hardly stand the immense anxiety i’m Feeling. The house is ready, food pre cooked and in the freezer, med equipment purchased and standing by. I don’t know whether to wish it was over already or call the Dr. And chicken out 4 days before surgery. I have my pre op with my surgeon tomorrow, hopefully he’ll talk me off the ledge.

@Nlh61 My TKR is Monday the 16th, I too am petrified. This site has been so helpful and I intend to journal here in hopes I will be helping others. I think i’m Prepared and not going into this like a Pollyanna thinkinking it’s going to be a walk in the park. I’m pretty sure i’ll See my share of tough days. I have a loving, attentive family that will see me through. Good luck from Southern California.

I have brought forward this month's list so that you can easily see who your surgical buddies are.

Welcome to our latest and all October Feisties!

header-oct-jpg.32749

Feel free post your surgery date in this thread, and I will add you to the list. Start a thread of your own in the Pre-Op Knee Section to post comments and share your journey toward knee replacement. Here's the link that gives you the instructions you need to do this: Starting a new thread and posting

02 October 2017 Homeport
03 October 2017 sagoff
05 October 2017 Kayaknlady (bilateral), disneyland, Nannie6912
09 October 2017 BionicBob, coolchange (bilateral), kbueno44 (her first), Arfus
11 October 2017 CentralPA
12 October 2017 MrsHawk, Runnergirl
13 October 2-17 Brithael (her second), kt512atx
14 October 2017 woody8755
16 OCtober 2017 izzys mom, Beewee
17 October 2017 dragonfly 1976 (her second), KBSunny
18 October 2017 Karebear (her second)
19 October 2017 Gill0416
23 October 2017 Nlh61, buford763 (bilateral)
24 October 2017 Fleece136 (her second), sooz (tkr & pkr)
25 October 2017 Josephine2
26 October 2017 Quirky
27 October 2017 justnora (her second)
30 October 2017 Maillady
31 October 2017 redfis
h63

I'm so anxious for my surgery 10/26. I don't like how I feel. I feel like I'm jumping out of my skin. I don't want to go out of the house much because I don't want to possibly expose myself to any bugs that could hinder my surgery date, I live in michigan and there is some respiratory junk going around. Cleaning house, getting things ready for my surgery. Thank god for Amazon. I've practiced on how to get into my tub shower that has glass shower doors. I think I've mastered that without having to bend my bad leg getting into the tub to shower with the good leg going in first. Ugg my mind is all over the place, I've been living with knee pain for so long I cannot wait to get this over with.

Hello to all of you...:flwrysmile:
Oh my 15 days away... Yikes!! Trying to get things slowly ready.. Borrowed a little bicycle peddler from a friend who had two knee surgeries. She has been talking me through this a lot. Helps so much. Don't see her a lot because I deliver mail to her -- she is a customer on my route, now a friend though. But we talk about 10 min. a day if I see her when I deliver her mail. I also have an ice machine now. It's an older one but it will work, I checked it out and cleaned it. I bought some very baggy basketball shorts to wear after surgery. I heard that helps a lot for therapy.. Easy to get on and off.
I do have one question though that a guy told me to do right after you have surgery... When you wake up from anesthesia and they sit you up to help you that you should move your leg as much as possible (to bend it) while you are still on the nerve block... He said to do it then because you won't feel the pain during that time and it will help you to get your ROM quicker.... It this something I should try? :oyvey: They say the hardest thing to do is get your ROM.... That if scar tissue sets in it prohibits recovery... I was just wondering.... Just worried too much, I guess... I asked my friend on my route and she said she never even thought of doing something like that though... :SUNsmile:
Cindy

I am scheduled for LTKR on October 24, 2017.. Three months ago (7/18/17) I had my RTKR, and am recovering pretty well. I’m a little nervous to have my 12 week old knee as my “strong” leg but I’m sure all the rest and painkillers will help BOTH knees heal to the next level. Prayers on my surgery date are welcomed! Thanks!

oct 112.jpg
@Fleece136, you have been officially added to the October surgery list! You are now officially an October Feisty!

Welcome to the BoneSmart forum. We’re so pleased that you have joined us here. If you have not started a thread of your own, please do so. Here's a link to tell you how:Starting a new thread and posting With your own thread, you and your questions and concerns will receive the attention they deserve.

For additional help, look in the white heading under the blue, click on Help & Info, then click on How to Use This Forum. Lots of info there to help you navigate the forum.

We are here to help in any way we can because We Care!

Tomorrow is the day.....finally. I am having a TKR on my left knee and a pkr on my right...together.
The wait has been anxious however I am looking forward to getting it done and over with and being able to post "on the other side"

Hi everyone! I had my RTKR on October 13, 2017 and doing pretty well all considered. I had the same nerves as all of you but it gets better day by day! Just wanted to say good luck and to rest as much as you can. Try to think of it as a forced relaxation vacation ;)

Hi everyone! I am having a TKR on my right knee on Oct. 25! Glad to have found this forum (wish I'd found it sooner). Lots of great information and a supportive environment. Hugs to all!!!

oct 22.jpg
@Nannie6912, you have been officially added to the October surgery list! You are now officially an October Feisty!

Welcome to the BoneSmart forum. We’re so pleased that you have joined us here. If you have not started a thread of your own, please do so. Here's a link to tell you how:Starting a new thread and posting With your own thread, you and your questions and concerns will receive the attention they deserve.

For additional help, look in the white heading under the blue, click on Help & Info, then click on How to Use This Forum. Lots of info there to help you navigate the forum.

oct 64.jpg
@kt512atx, you have been officially added to the October surgery list! You are now officially an October Feisty!

oct 104.jpg
@Josephine2, you have been officially added to the October surgery list! You are now officially an October Feisty!

Less than 24 hours before I go under the knife. Very nervous, but I know every other October Feisty was/is nervous, too. I'm so glad I'm not alone and can share my experiences with others on this forum. It's really made a difference in calming my nerves.

BoneSmart #1 Best Blog

Staff online

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
BoneSmarties
Latest member
Helpmyknee21
Recent bookmarks

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom