2017 May Marvels - Are you having knee surgery in May?

Status
Not open for further replies.
@karenalberstone ,
A moderator will add your information to your signature, right TKR May 17th, 2017 and a left TKR June 21, 2017.

The type/brand of prosthesis is not as important as the skill of your surgeon. They will use the prosthesis that they are most experienced using and that is appropriate for you.
Choosing a surgeon and a prosthesis
 
Here is an updated list of the May Marvels.

Feel free post your surgery date in this thread, and I will add you to the list. However, please start a thread of your own in the Pre-Op Knee Section to post comments and share your journey toward knee replacement. Here's the link that gives you the instructions you need to do this: Starting a new thread and posting

02 May 17 TchrTina
03 May 17 mom2fencers (her second), Old_Guy (his first), khariss
04 May 17 daydreamer
08 May 17 Iowa Nana, bovalle
10 May 17 SusieShoes (bilateral)
15 May 17 jboles (her first), Dragoness
16 May 17 JennyLynne (revision PKR to TKR)
17 May 17 KarenAlbertsone
18 May 17 cslasor (her second)
22 May 17 Mom2alot, Julia B. (her second), drachios12, LindaO (her second), 4cats1home PKR
23 May 17 keefsmom
24 May 17 dvannie,
25 May 17 Faele (bilateral)
30 May 17 katdog, MaryD (her second), knee53, Ridgw003 PKR
 
Last edited by a moderator:
I have updated the May Marvels list. Best wishes to all.

01 May 17 daydreamer
02 May 17 TchrTina
03 May 17 mom2fencers (her second), Old_Guy (his first), khariss
08 May 17 Iowa Nana, bovalle
10 May 17 SusieShoes (bilateral)
15 May 17 jboles (her first), Dragoness
16 May 17 JennyLynne (revision PKR to TKR)
17 May 17 KarenAlbertsone
18 May 17 cslasor (her second)
22 May 17 Mom2alot, Julia B. (her second), drachios12, LindaO (her second), 4cats1home PKR
23 May 17 keefsmom
24 May 17 dvannie,
25 May 17 Faele (bilateral)
30 May 17 katdog, MaryD (her second), knee53, Ridgw003 PKR
 
Hello TchrTina, I hope all goes well for your surgery today! I'll look forward to following your recovery!
 
I'm having my first TKR on May 25. Excited and a bit nervous
 
@DinVegas , I have added you to the May Marvels list. Here is the updated list:

01 May 17 daydreamer
02 May 17 TchrTina
03 May 17 mom2fencers (her second), Old_Guy (his first), khariss
08 May 17 Iowa Nana, bovalle
10 May 17 SusieShoes (bilateral)
15 May 17 jboles (her first), Dragoness
16 May 17 JennyLynne (revision PKR to TKR)
17 May 17 KarenAlbertsone
18 May 17 cslasor (her second)
22 May 17 Mom2alot, Julia B. (her second), drachios12, LindaO (her second), 4cats1home PKR
23 May 17 keefsmom
24 May 17 dvannie
25 May 17 Faele (bilateral), DinVegas
30 May 17 katdog, MaryD (her second), knee53, Ridgw003 PKR
 
May 11 bilateral

Sent from my LG-H901 using Tapatalk
 
I've added you to the list, @mrswebb1966 . Have you started a recovery thread for yourself, so we can follow your progress?

01 May 17 daydreamer
02 May 17 TchrTina
03 May 17 mom2fencers (her second), Old_Guy (his first), khariss
08 May 17 Iowa Nana, bovalle
10 May 17 SusieShoes (bilateral)
11 May 17 mrswebb1966 (bilateral)
15 May 17 jboles (her first), Dragoness
16 May 17 JennyLynne (revision PKR to TKR)
17 May 17 KarenAlbertsone
18 May 17 cslasor (her second)
22 May 17 Mom2alot, Julia B. (her second), drachios12, LindaO (her second), 4cats1home PKR
23 May 17 keefsmom
24 May 17 dvannie
25 May 17 Faele (bilateral), DinVegas
30 May 17 katdog, MaryD (her second), knee53, Ridgw003 PKR
 
May 23rd. This will be a total revision. Original total knee was in Sept 2013, its never been 'correct.' I'll be glad to be done with this upcoming surgery.
 
Hello to all! I am having a left knee replacement on May 22. The days are closing in and the countdown is on; yikes!
 
@eaglemom and @Pheebs52 - I have added you to the list.

01 May 17 daydreamer
02 May 17 TchrTina
03 May 17 mom2fencers (her second), Old_Guy (his first), khariss
08 May 17 Iowa Nana, bovalle
10 May 17 SusieShoes (bilateral)
11 May 17 mrswebb1966 (bilateral)
15 May 17 jboles (her first), Dragoness
16 May 17 JennyLynne (revision PKR to TKR)
17 May 17 KarenAlbertsone
18 May 17 cslasor (her second)
22 May 17 Mom2alot, Julia B. (her second), drachios12, LindaO (her second), 4cats1home PKR, Pheebs52,
23 May 17 keefsmom, eaglemom (revision TKR)
24 May 17 dvannie
25 May 17 Faele (bilateral), DinVegas
30 May 17 katdog, MaryD (her second), knee53, Ridgw003 PKR
 
Hello Everyone!! I'm new to this forum and have read quite a bit of great information here. Looking forward to having my first total knee replacement (right) this coming Friday, May 12!
 
:welome: @DevilMama . I have added you to the May Marvels list.

01 May 17 daydreamer
02 May 17 TchrTina
03 May 17 mom2fencers (her second), Old_Guy (his first), khariss
08 May 17 Iowa Nana, bovalle
10 May 17 SusieShoes (bilateral)
11 May 17 mrswebb1966 (bilateral)
12 May 17 DevilMama (her first)
15 May 17 Dragoness
16 May 17 JennyLynne (revision PKR to TKR)
17 May 17 KarenAlbertsone
18 May 17 cslasor (her second)
22 May 17 Mom2alot, Julia B. (her second), drachios12, LindaO (her second), 4cats1home PKR, Pheebs52,
23 May 17 keefsmom, eaglemom (revision TKR)
24 May 17 dvannie
25 May 17 Faele (bilateral), DinVegas
30 May 17 katdog, MaryD (her second), knee53, Ridgw003 PKR, edgator (his first)
 
Last edited by a moderator:
@DinVegas, Hello! We're having surgery on the same day! I'm having a bilateral TKR and am also feeling a bit nervous, but mostly excited at the prospect of being able to walk without discomfort again after surgery and recovery. It's only two weeks to go now and the day will probably be here before we know it. There is so much helpful information on this forum; I'm so glad I joined it.
 
My LTKR was scheduled for May 15, but with finding out that I have metal allergies, we are postponing this until we can find a replacement that will work for me. I will post my new surgery date once I have it.
 
[Bonesmart.org] 2017 May Marvels - Are you having knee surgery in May?


Are you having surgery in the month of May? Welcome to the May Marvels....a team just for you with others that will be having surgery and recovery right along with you. Give us your surgery date and maybe a few facts about yourself and we'll get you on the list. As the month goes by, the list will grow and maybe you'll find a few folks to partner up with for recovery.

Please join the team and help support your fellow BoneSmarties through the lead-up to the Big Day and the recovery afterwards!
Second knee replacement scheduled for May 30! (R). Left one done 2014. I'm nervous again!
 
@need2knees and @canoewoman Welcome back to BoneSmart! I have added you to the May Marvels surgery list.

Feel free post your surgery date in this thread, and I will add you to the list. However, please start a thread of your own in the Pre-Op Knee Section to post comments and share your journey toward knee replacement. Here's the link that gives you the instructions you need to do this: Starting a new thread and posting


01 May 17 daydreamer
02 May 17 TchrTina
03 May 17 mom2fencers (her second), Old_Guy (his first), khariss
08 May 17 Iowa Nana, bovalle
10 May 17 SusieShoes (bilateral)
11 May 17 mrswebb1966 (bilateral)
12 May 17 DevilMama (her first)
15 May 17 Dragoness
16 May 17 JennyLynne (revision PKR to TKR)
17 May 17 KarenAlbertsone
18 May 17 cslasor (her second)
22 May 17 Mom2alot, Julia B. (her second), drachios12, LindaO (her second), 4cats1home PKR, Pheebs52,
23 May 17 keefsmom, eaglemom (revision TKR),
canoe woman
24 May 17 dvannie
25 May 17 Faele (bilateral), DinVegas
30 May 17 katdog, MaryD (her second), knee53, Ridgw003 PKR, edgator (his first), need2knees (her second)
 
Last edited by a moderator:
Back again! Had L TKR 2 years ago, R TKR scheduled for May 30th! All of those years of skiing and dancing caught up with me. Generally happy with my L knee outcome but it was a l o n g road to recovery.
 
Hi! I am new to the forum and have been looking around. I am scheduled for a RTKR on May 30th.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

  • benne68
    Staff member since February 4, 2022

Members online

Back
Top Bottom