2017 May Marvels - Are you having knee surgery in May?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Mary here in Jacksonville, FL.
RTKR May 30th.
LTKR was on January 3, 2017.
Great experience/results with my first surgery!

Sent from my iPad using BoneSmart Forum

I have brought forward this month's list so that you can easily see who your surgical buddies are.

Welcome to our latest and all May Marvels!

month-of-may-flowers-png.20084
may-marvels-jpg.20083

Feel free post your surgery date in this thread, and I will add you to the list. However, please start a thread of your own in the Pre-Op Knee Section to post comments and share your journey toward knee replacement. Here's the link that gives you the instructions you need to do this: Starting a new thread and posting

02 May 17 TchrTina
03 May 17 mom2fencers (her second), Old_Guy (his first)
10 May 17 SusieShoes (bilateral)
15 May 17 jboles (her first)
16 May 17 JennyLynne (revision PKR to TKR)
18 May 17 cslasor (her second)
22 May 17 Mom2alot, Julia B. (her second), drachios12, LindaO (her second)
23 May 17 keefsmom
25 May 17 Faele (bilateral)
30 May 17 katdog, MaryD (her second), knee53

may 80.jpg
@keefsmom, you have been officially added to the May surgery list! You are now officially a May Marvel!

Welcome to the BoneSmart forum. We’re so pleased that you have joined us here. If you have not started a thread of your own, please do so. Here's a link to tell you how:Starting a new thread and posting With your own thread, you and your questions and concerns will receive the attention they deserve.

For additional help, look in the white heading under the blue, click on Help & Info, then click on How to Use This Forum. Lots of info there to help you navigate the forum.

We are here to help in any way we can because We Care!

may 96.jpg
@MaryD, you have been officially added to the May surgery list! You are now officially a May Marvel!

Welcome back to the BoneSmart forum. We’re so pleased that you have rejoined us here. If you have not started a thread of your own, please do so. Here's a link to tell you how:Starting a new thread and posting With your own thread, you and your questions and concerns will receive the attention they deserve.

For additional help, look in the white heading under the blue, click on Help & Info, then click on How to Use This Forum. Lots of info there to help you navigate the forum.

may 44.jpg
@drachios12, you have been officially added to the May surgery list! You are now officially a May Marvel!

Welcome to the BoneSmart forum. We’re so pleased that you have joined us here. If you have not started a thread of your own, please do so. Here's a link to tell you how:Starting a new thread and posting With your own thread, you and your questions and concerns will receive the attention they deserve.

Round two with Left TKR on May 22!
(Round 1 is Right TKR April 4th)
April Rainbows and May Marvels....has a nice ring to it!

may 59.jpg

@LindaO, you have been officially added to the May surgery list! You are now officially a May Marvel for knee #2!

Last edited by a moderator:
may 73.jpg
@Old_Guy, you have been officially added to the May surgery list! You are now officially a May Marvel!

Warm hellos to all here,
My TKR-Left knee is set for May 15. I am happy to find this forum and support group! Posts here have helped me put some things in place, and any suggestions to add are most welcome
1) Ordered a Game Ready Cryo/compression system. Arrives in two days, will start using.
2) Have read many of the Pre-Op articles - continuing to do so. Thanks to all for those
3) Ordered new power recliner for both up bedroom and main floor
4) Moving futon to main floor den with underbox to lift the height
5) Putting in "Comfort Height" toilets in main floor bath and up bedroom bath
6) Moving a futon into main floor den (on a platform to raise it up some)
One of the biggest concerns is that both my wrists are also impaired and cannot take direct weight like crutches. Left wrist had CMC suspension arthroplasty, and right wrist had CMC Arthroplasty/4 bone fusion/scaphoid excision/carpal Tunnel both. I can use a cane sparingly now. Will have to work doubly hard to get off assistive devices quickly. Any suggestions?
Trying to find how I start my own thread as has been suggested to new posters- may I ask for help, please?
Tanya

Sent from my iPad using BoneSmart Forum

may 94.gif
@TMWDeM, you have been officially added to the May surgery list! You are now officially a May Marvel!

Welcome to the BoneSmart forum. We’re so pleased that you have joined us here. If you have not started a thread of your own, please do so.

We want to share your journey with you. Please start a thread of your own in the proper forum. To start a new thread about your recovery, hover your mouse over "Knee Replacement" on the white line below the blue line at the top of the page. Click on "Knee Replacement Pre Op Area". On the upper right hand side under the white line under the blue line, you will see a black rectangle with the words "Post New Thread" in white. Click on this, enter whatever title you want for your thread, tab down to the dialogue box and start typing your post.

Also, here is the Library link that gives you the instructions you need to do this:
Starting a new thread and posting

By starting your own thread, you and your questions and concerns will receive the attention they deserve. I look forward to seeing your first post.

may 98.jpg
@TchrTina, you have been officially added to the May surgery list! You are now officially a May Marvel!

I'm having a bilateral TKR on 25th May. The right is worse than the left, but the left is catching up fast. So I thought I may as well have them both done at once. I'm interested in following the progress of others going in for knee surgery in May, and sharing experiences and information. It will also be good to correspond with others as we recover.

Currently scheduled for RTKR on May 18, but this might get pushed back. I had a LTKR in September and it's doing OK, maybe about 75% recovered, but the other knee needs done too and I really don't want to wait any longer to start recovering from it.

Last edited by a moderator:
may 99.jpg
@Faele, you have been officially added to the May surgery list! You are now officially a May Marvel!

may 45.jpg
@cslasor, you have been officially added to the May surgery list! You are now officially a May Marvel!

Welcome back to the BoneSmart forum. We’re so pleased that you have rejoined us here. If you have not started a thread of your own, please do so. Here's a link to tell you how:Starting a new thread and posting With your own thread, you and your questions and concerns will receive the attention they deserve.

Status
Not open for further replies.

BoneSmart #1 Best Blog

Staff online

• Jaycey
    ADMINISTRATOR Staff member since February 2011

Forum statistics

Threads
BoneSmarties
Latest member
Dave4562
Recent bookmarks