2017 May Marvels - Are you having knee surgery in May?

Status
Not open for further replies.
[Bonesmart.org] 2017 May Marvels - Are you having knee surgery in May?
@knee53, you have been officially added to the May surgery list! You are now officially a May Marvel!

Welcome to the BoneSmart forum. We’re so pleased that you have joined us here. If you have not started a thread of your own, please do so. Here's a link to tell you how:Starting a new thread and posting With your own thread, you and your questions and concerns will receive the attention they deserve.

For additional help, look in the white heading under the blue, click on Help & Info, then click on How to Use This Forum. Lots of info there to help you navigate the forum.

We are here to help in any way we can because We Care!
 
Hello, I am having my right knee done May 3. I already have a thread going for my left. That surgery was March 22. I'm not sure what to do with that or merging them or whatever but I have a little bit of time before this next one. Please add me to the list. Thanks so much.
 
I have brought forward this month's list so that you can easily see who your surgical buddies are.


Welcome to our latest and all May Marvels!



[Bonesmart.org] 2017 May Marvels - Are you having knee surgery in May?
[Bonesmart.org] 2017 May Marvels - Are you having knee surgery in May?


Feel free post your surgery date in this thread, and I will add you to the list. However, please start a thread of your own in the Pre-Op Knee Section to post comments and share your journey toward knee replacement. Here's the link that gives you the instructions you need to do this: Starting a new thread and posting

02 May 17 TchrTina
03 May 17 mom2fencers (her second), Old_Guy (his first), becticu, khariss
04 May 17 daydreamer
10 May 17 SusieShoes (bilateral)
15 May 17 jboles (her first)
16 May 17 JennyLynne (revision PKR to TKR)
18 May 17 cslasor (her second)
22 May 17 Mom2alot, Julia B. (her second), drachios12, LindaO (her second)
23 May 17 keefsmom
25 May 17 Faele (bilateral)
30 May 17 katdog, MaryD (her second), knee53
 
[Bonesmart.org] 2017 May Marvels - Are you having knee surgery in May?
@becticu, you have been officially added to the May surgery list! You are now officially a May Marvel! With two brand new man made knees, you are going to be unstoppable!

Once your second surgery is done, you can continue to use the tread for your first knee. Your thread title can be changed to reflect your second surgery. Just let us know what you'd like to new title to be, and we'll take care of that for you.


We are here to help in any way we can because We Care!
 
I am set for TKR on 3 May 2017. My left knee was done some years ago. I do have concerns about my usual daily meds - I have RA, SLE, Hashimoto's, Celiac and a a whole host of autoimmune issues, along with Coronary Artery Disease and two genetic blood disorders. I am often easily fatigued anyway and wonder if this will impede the recovery process. Thanks.
 
[Bonesmart.org] 2017 May Marvels - Are you having knee surgery in May?
@khariss, you have been officially added to the May surgery list! You are now officially a May Marvel!

Welcome to the BoneSmart forum. We’re so pleased that you have joined us here. If you have not started a thread of your own, please do so. Here's a link to tell you how:Starting a new thread and posting With your own thread, you and your questions and concerns will receive the attention they deserve.

For additional help, look in the white heading under the blue, click on Help & Info, then click on How to Use This Forum. Lots of info there to help you navigate the forum.

We are here to help in any way we can because We Care!
 
I was in the April Group but my surgery was postponed because of elevated calcium in my blood & a "slightly" off ECG. Have been rescheduled for May 4th. Turns out the ECG is ok & the elevated calcium level can be dealt with post surgery. It has been a frustrating few weeks but I am glad they are being careful. So all that to say .... Left knee replacement May 4th.
 
[Bonesmart.org] 2017 May Marvels - Are you having knee surgery in May?
@daydreamer, you have been officially added to the May surgery list! You are now officially a May Marvel!

Sorry about the postponement, but better late than never! If you have not started a thread of your own, please do so. Here's a link to tell you how:Starting a new thread and posting With your own thread, you and your questions and concerns will receive the attention they deserve.

For additional help, look in the white heading under the blue, click on Help & Info, then click on How to Use This Forum. Lots of info there to help you navigate the forum.

We are here to help in any way we can because We Care!
 
I am having bilateral TKR the week of May 8 - Right knee on Monday and left on Wednesday.
 
I am scheduled for a left TKR on May 24 and look forward to keeping up with others going the same this month.
 
Julie B...I am amazed you just had one knee joint replaced and are headed for another surgery so soon. I cannot imagine that. Your recovery must have gone well to go for it again. Can you tell me how long you had swelling and pain and what helped with the swelling and pain. Did you have physio? My surgery is May 23 and I am not looking forward to this at all. I have a full hip joint replacement 1 year ago and its taken its time to feel better.
 
Not sure if this is the place for PKR-if not, please advise.

Right PKR scheduled for May 22nd. Looking forward to talking with others going thru the same thing.
 
I am having tkr on the right on May 17 and tkr on the left on June 21st in Los Angeles, CA. For some reason I am having trouble posting my initial information despite the detailed instructions. Can anyone help me by calling me at 310-266-9988 to walk me through it? I am a 56 year old wife and mother of 18 year old twins. I was going to have bilateral tkr in 2009 and went on this forum and then chickened out but it is now time. I love reading everyone's posts and want to support everyone with May surgeries. Thank you.
 
I see that my reply post worked so I guess I am connected. To finish my last post, I am nervous and excited to get my knees working again. I had stem cell injections in my right knee on Feb. 2 which was an epic fail! I was in bed for 3 weeks and had 50cc of fluid drained from my knee after 2 or 3 weeks, I cannot remember. It has been 11 weeks and I am in worse condition than before I got the stem cell injections. I want to be that person that says I wish I had done the tkr sooner. I love this forum and joined back in 2009 when I was scheduled for bilateral TKR but chickened out at the last minute and was able to do well with an occasional synvisc injection until about 6 months ago when my knees got worse. I am curious about the different manufacturers of the knee implants and the size and gender issue. I cannot find any articles on that issue that explains the names of the different manufacturers. I went for a second opinion and that doctor told me he uses Stryker, triathlon which I have seen a few of the posts mention. I do not yet know which implant my doctor uses. I am waiting for their response on this issue. I am looking forward to making this journey with all your help and support.
 
My doctor just responded and said he uses the Attune Mobile bearing knee from DePuy. It comes in a variety of sizes and widths. Has anyone had any experience with this brand prosthesis?
 
Having a partial replacement on the 30th with a tibial tubercle osteotomy. Since it's only half, does that make me less than marvelous?


Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum
 
No! You're still a Marvellous May Marvel! All the best for your surgery! Five days after mine.
 
Hello - posted the other day because I thought I would be having my Right TKR in June then yesterday lunch time I received a phone call. They have had a cancellation and I was offered the chance to have my surgery on Monday 15th May. Needless to say I jumped at the chance. So roll on 15th May!
 
Hi, my right knee was scheduled for May 3, after having had the left done on March 22. I have developed some complications with a previous back injury that is causing weakness and some numbness in the left leg. They have canceled the right knee and hopeful for an epidural to help with that. If that helps will have the surgery in May but toward the end. I will update when I get a date. Maybe I will still be a May Marvel!
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Back
Top Bottom