2017 March Musketeers - Are you having hip surgery in March?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks for caring and being here, especially for those of us facing this for the first time. It's comforting to know we are not alone and can benefit from the experience of others. I am doing gentle yoga three times a week and PT (physical therapy) twice a week until my surgery date. Can't walk much without pain and right hip giving way.

Welcome @Ex Golfer...just a few days behind you on the 9th, so you're not alone! Like you, I'm keeping my eye on the new lease on life I will have after I get through the surgery and recovery. Too much of life to do yet! :)

I have brought forward this month's list so that you can easily see who your surgical buddies are.

Welcome to our latest and all March Musketeers!

musk-2-jpg.18241
musk-1-jpg.18242

Feel free post your surgery date in this thread, and I will add you to the list.
However, please start a thread of your own in the Pre-Op Hip Section to post
comments and share your journey toward hip replacement. Here's the link
that gives you the instructions you need to do this: Starting a new thread and posting

01 March 17 Hipster60, KathyD
07 March 17 Cherdonnay, Ex Golfer
09 March 17 Hope56
13 March 17 DCSjersey
22 March 17 Itzdor
23 March 17 Minnie15
27 March 17 carolm

Finally today I made the decision to go ahead with LTHR after so much anxiety over shall I shan't I, is my pain bad enough, I feel like a fraud..the list goes on and on!
I started a thread yesterday and getting massive support and advice on here. I feel very welcome and it's incredible hearing from people that know exactly what you're going on about and how difficult the decision is.
Operation date 23rd March. I feel so much calmer now I've said yes let's do this!

@carolm ..Hi ..I posted a thread last night as I thought I was going out if my mind with worry. I have had so much support it's been overwhelming. People taking their time to explain how they felt, know exactly what I'm feeling going through been so helpful.
Have you expressed your concerns? If you can read my thread (I'm new to this so taking my time to understand how everything works!) it might help you.

@Minnie15,

Welcome to the March Musketeers club! I'm glad to see that you're at peace with your decision. For me, and I waited years, once I did make the decision...I'm anxious to be done with it...and wondering why I waited so long. The toughest part ( so far ) was deciding when I'd had enough.

Now I just have to keep posting and reading for the next 4 weeks until surgery, because I know the closer it get's the more "in my head" I'm going to become....

march 2.jpg
@Minnie15, you have been officially added to the March surgery list! You are now officially a March Musketeer!

Welcome to the BoneSmart forum. We’re so pleased that you have joined us here. If you have not started a thread of your own, please do so. With your own thread, you and your questions and concerns will receive the attention they deserve.

We are here to help in any way we can because We Care!

march 81.jpg
@Itzdor, you have been officially added to the March surgery list! You are now officially a March Musketeer!

Welcome to the BoneSmart forum. We’re so pleased that you have joined us here. If you have not started a thread of your own, please do so. With your own thread, you and your questions and concerns will receive the attention they deserve.

Thanks Chardonnay and Hope for your warm welcomes! And hello to all others on the March train.

I have an appointment with my primary care doctor Wednesday morning for my pre-op (has to be done within 30 days of my surgery). Even though my surgery date has been set for March 7, this makes it seem official. On the one month countdown now. I'm really going to do this...

@Ex Golfer I know what you mean about the pre op visit making it seem real. My pre op visit is Thursday this week. My OS did tell me, on the day I was last in his office, "today is the best day you are ever going to have, unless you have this THR". This knowledge did help me to make the decision to have the surgery. Now I can look forward to getting better but i am get kind of scared as the date gets closer

My surgery is March 1st! A little nervous since I have some major back problems as well. We are hoping that having a properly functioning hip will allow me to do the exercises I need to in order to avoid back surgery. Looking forward to going through this with the group!

Last edited by a moderator:
march 99.jpg
@Hipster60, you have been officially added to the March surgery list! You are now officially a March Musketeer!

I am having trouble finding how to comment or reply to others in the group.... :-(

Hello Everyone. After living with my bad left hip for 10 years, I am scheduled for THR on March 13. Like most others, I have been doing the nutrition/exercise thing in preparation for a (hopefully) better recovery. I've been reading the BoneSmart Forums for about a year and feel that I have really benefited from the posted experiences of everyone else.

march 64.jpg
@DCSjersey, you have been officially added to the March surgery list! You are now officially a March Musketeer!

@hipster 60

Welcome, we will be cheering you on for rapid recovery from your March 1st surgery! Mine will be March 7, not long after. I also have back issues, herniated and bulging discs in my lower spine. That's what sent me to the orthopedic doctor to begin with about 1 1/2 years ago. Started physical therapy (PT) of course, continued yoga and tried to play golf occasionally but had to give up the golf because the pain was too bad. Developed bursitis in my right hip but an injection worked like magic on that pain. My next doctor appointment was for pain in my right upper thigh/groin area which I assumed was another inflamed bursa. Get shot - all better, WRONG! X rays revealed my cartilage was wearing away, additional PT was prescribed. Within 6 weeks the cartilage was gone and I'm now bone on bone. I cannot even walk my dogs any more. Back surgery is not recommended for me but I sure do need a new hip...

Hi, my surgery date is March 1st. My birthday is in March, also, so I am happy to be a March Musketeer!

Status
Not open for further replies.

BoneSmart #1 Best Blog

Staff online

• djklaugh
    Staff member since December 30, 2020

Forum statistics

Threads
BoneSmarties
Latest member
tibiaplateauaft
Recent bookmarks