BoneSmart® Hip / Knee Replacement Forum
Knee Replacement & Hip Replacement
Patient Advocacy & Online Community
  1. Your support makes a difference...BoneSmartie Member

Industry changes have drastically reduced orthopedic partner contributions, which for 13+ years supported the operation and development of BoneSmart.org.

Our patient-focused articles and world-class joint replacement community forum have helped millions of people. Your gift today provides the important funds necessary to keep this valuable resource online.

Donate Now
    Dismiss Notice

2017 January Jackpots - Are you having knee surgery in January?

Discussion in 'Knee Replacement Pre-Op Area' started by bottomshollow, Nov 4, 2016.

1. crstysue

crstysue Member

United States United States
    Pleas add me to the January list. My left TKR is on Jan. 31, followed by my right knee 8 weeks later...March 28. Recently went into retirement due to pain. Ready to get my knees working again so I can enjoy retirement, family, friends, and all life has.

2. bottomshollow

bottomshollow Moderator

I have brought forward this month's list so that you can easily see who your surgical buddies are.

Welcome to our latest and all January Jackpots!

[​IMG]

Feel free post your surgery date in this thread, and I will add you to the list. Start a thread of your own in the Pre-Op Knee Section to post comments and share your journey toward knee replacement. Here's the link that gives you the instructions you need to do this: Starting a new thread and posting

03 January 17 jaschembra, MaryD (her first), Pattikakes (her first), MaryCate
    04 January 17 UACats70 (partial)
    05 January 17 weasel52, Grammy211 (her second)
    09 January 17 RMasano, Mister, butterflydancer (her second)
    10 January 17 Kathi 777 (bilateral)
    11 January 17 Mitten, birdycarol
    15 January 17 helpmyknee
    16 January 17 DEgrammy
    17 January 17 Haley4, saanmar (her second), Ronsgirl (her second). kayjay (her second), Needy Knee
    19 January 17 DebM (bilateral), msehphdjd
    23 January 17 mollygram (her second)
    24 January 17 FishingGuu (his first), mg5457 (his first), cricket
    27 January 17 MelanieM
    30 January 17 LizRose
    31 January 17 Acetrace (bilateral), beekeep13, sargenti, crstysue (her first)

3. bottomshollow

bottomshollow Moderator

jackpot 30.jpg @crstysue, you have been officially added to the January surgery list! You are now officially a Janaury Jackpot!

Welcome to the BoneSmart forum. We’re so pleased that you have joined us here. If you have not started a thread of your own, please do so. With your own thread, you and your questions and concerns will receive the attention they deserve.

We are here to help in any way we can because We Care!

4. cricket

cricket New Member

@jaschembra I will be thinking of you tomorrow, hoping all goes well for you. Be watching for your po posts on the other side...

• Like Like x 2
  5. Needy Knee

Needy Knee Junior Member

Anybody have any hints to keep from getting sick prior to surgery? Surgery last month was canceled due to illness. I have 2 more weeks to wait. It seems everywhere you turn someone is coughing or sneezing or talking about their flu symptoms. I wish I could stay in a bubble for the next two weeks, lol.

6. mollygram

mollygram Junior Member

@bottomshollow I am currently listed in our calendar as having my Surgery on January 17, 2013. Would you change my surgery date for my LTKR to January 23, 2017 ? :reading:

7. bottomshollow

bottomshollow Moderator

@mollygram, please look at the list again. Your surgery date is 23 January 17----day, month, year.

8. Haley4

Haley4 Junior Member

Surgery is jst 13 days away and getting really nervice its like all this is finally becoming real to me. Any ideas you have on making this any easyer

9. DebM

DebM Senior

Australia Australia
    @Haley4 I am the day after you and i am starting to feel the nerves a little bit too. My knees have been pretty sore the past few days so that is good reinforcement that now is the time. I am a serial organiser so I have been cooking and preparing lists etc. Also helpful for me as I am a bit of a control freak, i am reading all the posts here on BS so I know all the good, bad and ugly things that might some my way. Here's hoping the days go fast!

10. Kathi 777

Kathi 777 Member

my knees have been horrible! no nsaid now for a few days and i feel it! @DebM i also need to get lists ready! heck i probably should update my will while i am at it. lots to get done... less than a week away. talked to my "gold star lady from hospital today, i wanted to know if they had fans... ha i can not sleep without one!

Sent from my iPad using BoneSmart Forum

11. jaschembra

jaschembra Graduate

@Kathi 777 i don't think you have to worry about a fan. You wake up often for staff to take your vitals etc and there are enough machines that you don't notthe silenc

12. DebM

DebM Senior

Australia Australia
    I am off to see the anaesthetist tomorrow. I had a 2 level spinal fusion many years ago and epidural/ blocks are somewhat difficult. With my first Caesarian they couldn't do it and with my second I preconsulted an experienced anaesthetist who managed to succeed but It was higher than normal and affected my breathing a bit. Still I managed to be awake for the birth. My OS thought it prudent we look at my options before the day of surgery.

13. LizRose

LizRose New Member

I recently found this forum. Thank you for all the information I have seen so far. I am scheduled to have RTKR on Jan. 30, 2017. Excited, nervous, but so ready. I am tired of the pain but more so tired of the inability to walk or stand without pain. Stairs are a nightmare. My quality of life can only get better. I have put this surgery off for as long as I can. Good luck to all of you having surgery this month.

14. bottomshollow

bottomshollow Moderator

jackpot 48.jpg @LizRose, you have been officially added to the Janaury surgery list! You are now officially a January Jackpot!

Welcome to the BoneSmart forum. We’re so pleased that you have joined us here. If you have not started a thread of your own, please do so. With your own thread, you and your questions and concerns will receive the attention they deserve.

We are here to help in any way we can because We Care!

• Like Like x 1
  15. mollygram

mollygram Junior Member

Ugh! You are right. I goofed.:heehee:

16. bottomshollow

bottomshollow Moderator

@mollygram, not to worry---happens to the best of us---I frequently find myself embarassed 1.jpg about things I miss or misinterpret.

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  17. crstysue

crstysue Member

@LizRose, I'm right behind you...Jan. 31 for left TKR. Then 8 weeks later, the right knee. YIkes! But I can't wait to be rid of this pain that is so disabling. Hang in there. We'll be through this soon, and writing about our successful surgeries!

• Like Like x 2
  18. crstysue

crstysue Member

@sargenti, we are sharing the date of Jan. 31 for left TKR. It's our lucky day. I'll be thinking of and praying for you on that day.

19. crstysue

crstysue Member

@Acetrace, we will be having surgery on the same day, Jan. 31. For me it is the left knee (TKR), with the right 8 weeks later. I wish I'd scheduled a bilateral on the same day as you did. I hope everything goes wonderful for you!

20. LizRose

LizRose New Member

Hi Sue. I am so looking forward to a new knee and a new beginning. Good luck to you! I agree about the disabling part. I have had trouble with my knees for years due in part to my work. I put it off because I was pretty young or so I was told for TKR. I am now unable to enjoy life and the pain has increased so it's time. I plan on doing my left knee possibly over summer or early fall. My surgeon wants to wait and give me time to recover. I see many others do 2nd surgery much sooner. He will not do both together which is what I would like since both my knees are bone on bone.

• Creative Creative x 1