2017 August Hot Shots - Are you having hip surgery in August?

I am scheduled for my THR on the 23rd. If the spinal is such that you are totally out I would prefer going that route. I understand that you are more aware and feel better after the surgery. I initially went in to my Orthopedist because my knee was hurting and when she saw the x-rays of my hip she said I was bone on bone and that she suspects that my knee pain was attributed to my hip problem. X-ray on my knee showed that it wasn't so bad. I hope my THR takes care of everything.
 
Welcome Blue light. I'm suspecting it is going to make a great improvement.
 
I am having THR next Wednesday, August 23rd. I find myself hopeful that my hip is going to feel better and then I go through periods of depression and dread that it might not work. Many people have told me that it was the best thing they did and it gave them their life back. I had been having trouble with my hip looking back for many years, but I actually went to my Ortho complaining that my knee hurt....She said my knee wasn't bad but my hip was bone on bone and completely "worn out". She suspects that my knee pain was attributed to my bad hip. Encouraging words would be welcomed.
 
I have brought forward this month's list so that you can easily see who your surgical buddies are.

Welcome to our latest and all August Hot Shots!


[Bonesmart.org] 2017 August Hot Shots - Are you having hip surgery in August?


Feel free post your surgery date in this thread, and I will add you to the list. Start a thread of your own in the Pre-Op Hip Section to post comments and share your journey toward hip replacement. Here's the link that gives you the instructions you need to do this: Starting a new thread and posting


07 August 2017 Anne C
08 August 2017 Chattalyn (Bilateral)
09 August 2017 lyrock
10 August 2017 scarlet
15 August 2017 dpesante
16 August 2017 nonny, gypsygirl
22 August 2017 SimplyD, Polar69
23 August 2017 Blue light
24 August 2017 woodwitch
28 August 2017 Anatara, purplepup, VeteranD42 (his first), Lerwick8, hbark
29 August 2017 Miggie
30 August 2017 vcmike
 
[Bonesmart.org] 2017 August Hot Shots - Are you having hip surgery in August?
@Blue light, you have been officially added to the August surgery list! You are now officially an August Hot Shot!

Welcome to the BoneSmart forum. We’re so pleased that you have joined us here. If you have not started a thread of your own, please do so. Here's a link to tell you how:Starting a new thread and posting With your own thread, you and your questions and concerns will receive the attention they deserve.

For additional help, look in the white heading under the blue, click on Help & Info, then click on How to Use This Forum. Lots of info there to help you navigate the forum.

We are here to help in any way we can because We Care!
 
Thank you. This site helps answer lots of questions and concerns.
 
[Bonesmart.org] 2017 August Hot Shots - Are you having hip surgery in August?
@Lerwick8, you have been officially re-added to the MONTH surgery list! You are now officially an August Hot Shot once more!


We are here to help in any way we can because We Care!
 
I am scheduled for my THR on the 23rd. If the spinal is such that you are totally out I would prefer going that route. I understand that you are more aware and feel better after the surgery. I initially went in to my Orthopedist because my knee was hurting and when she saw the x-rays of my hip she said I was bone on bone and that she suspects that my knee pain was attributed to my hip problem. X-ray on my knee showed that it wasn't so bad. I hope my THR takes care of everything.
Hi Bluelight, I will be having my second replacement the day after you - 8/24. I had my right hip done 4 1/2 yrs ago. This time it will be the left side. The spinal is much better in my opinion than full general, and don't worry, you will still be unconscious so there'll be no awareness of what's going on. I know it's a big step and it's only natural to be nervous, but you'll feel SO much better afterward. Take your time with recovery - don't rush yourself. You'll be glad you did it.
 
Thank you for your encouragement. Best of luck with your second surgery on the 24th. We will both be recoupeing at the same time. My first physical therapy appointment is the 28th. I can't imagine what that's going to feel like!!
 
I am currently scheduled for Total Hip Replacement on August 30th. I know once I get through it it will be better but starting to question my decision right now.
 
[Bonesmart.org] 2017 August Hot Shots - Are you having hip surgery in August?
@vcmike, you have been officially added to the August surgery list! You are now officially an August Hot Shot!

Welcome to the BoneSmart forum. We’re so pleased that you have joined us here. If you have not started a thread of your own, please do so. Here's a link to tell you how:Starting a new thread and posting With your own thread, you and your questions and concerns will receive the attention they deserve.

For additional help, look in the white heading under the blue, click on Help & Info, then click on How to Use This Forum. Lots of info there to help you navigate the forum.

We are here to help in any way we can because We Care!
 
Thank you for your encouragement. Best of luck with your second surgery on the 24th. We will both be recoupeing at the same time. My first physical therapy appointment is the 28th. I can't imagine what that's going to feel like!!
With my first, the early PT sessions were gentle and surprisingly easy.
Best of luck to you too.
 
@vcmike ... Welcome!

You should consider starting a thread discussing your trepidation. You will be pleasantly surprised by the support you will receive on the BoneSmart forum!

My first thread was entitled "Pre-Op Blues" because I was so freaked out and depressed about the prospect of the whole hip replacement process. Suffice it to say, it took me a few months to realize that I had the wrong surgeon,etc. and everything felt wrong too. That has since changed, and as much as I am dreading the prospect of major surgery, I feel far less blue than I did.

Please do not be shy..a lot of folks would love to help and support you!
 
@Lerwick8 Thanks for the encouragement! As you are aware the mood is up and down as it gets closer, I know it is the right thing to do. When the OS saw the x-ray he said there are no options, how have you waited this long?

Good luck Monday...We will see you soon on the post-op forum.
 
Hi

Aug 28 is my right side THR. That will be 4 of 4. I am looking forward to it.
 
[Bonesmart.org] 2017 August Hot Shots - Are you having hip surgery in August?
@hbark, you have been officially added to the August surgery list! You are now officially an August Hot Shot!

Welcome back to the BoneSmart forum. We’re so pleased that you have rejoined us here. With this fourth surgery, you'll be the bionic man :heehee:


We are here to help in any way we can because We Care!
 
Best wishes to everyone having their surgery next week. There are a few of us in on Monday. Il look forward to chatting to you all afterwards. Looking forward to being pain free.
 

Members online

No members online now.
Back
Top Bottom