BoneSmart® Hip / Knee Replacement Forum
Knee Replacement & Hip Replacement
Patient Advocacy & Online Community

2017 August Hot Shots - Are you having hip surgery in August?

Discussion in 'Hip Replacement Pre-Op Area' started by bottomshollow, Jun 7, 2017.

1. bottomshollow

bottomshollow ADMINISTRATOR Administrator

United States United States
    [​IMG]

Hello to all our August Hot Shots!!! This is the place to join your fellow surgery-mates and chill out as you count down the days until your new joint arrives.

We welcome you to join the group and get to know your fellow BoneSmarties who will be getting new joints this month. We've found that it helps to have a group of folks who are going through surgery do it as a team....helping and supporting each other.

So let's get this party started!!!

• Like Like x 4
  2. bottomshollow

Welcome to our latest and all August Hot Shots!

[​IMG]

Feel free post your surgery date in this thread, and I will add you to the list. Start a thread of your own in the Pre-Op Hip Section to post comments and share your journey toward hip replacement. Here's the link that gives you the instructions you need to do this: Starting a new thread and posting

07 August 2017 Anne C
    15 August 2017 Lerwick8
    16 August 2017 nonny, gypsygirl
    24 August 2017 woodwitch
    29 Augusrt 2017 Miggie

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  3. nonny

nonny

Hi Fellow Hip Replacements!
    Happy to see August surgery dates called for as it brings our surgeries closer. Mine is August 16 at New England Baptist in Boston. I am struggling with quite relentless pain in hip and all down leg, somewhat like sciatica. I've gone from yoga several days a week, to just dragging my leg and hip around. I'm still trying to watch my two grandchildren a few days a week, but I've had to grossly limit activities. The pain's the same if I'm home or at their place, and I love being with them. There's nothing like a ten month old sweet boy to distract you. I was a very active person until I just hit a wall of pain. I must admit I have a history of denial and I know I waited way too long to see an orthopedist. Happy to join this group and looking forward to great recoveries for us all. (Then the second hip for me!)

• Like Like x 2
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 10, 2017
  4. nonny

nonny

Dear Judy,
    I am reading your bilateral knee recovery blog and am loving it! You are my kind of person, too! I love reading you're "piddling around the house setting up for Christmas," one of my favorite things to do. I've always been an optimist and you've made me positive that I'll get back to yoga and my city life with the grandkids, friends and family. I will continue to read your recovery notes. Such a help to me.
    Yours, Martie

• Like Like x 2
  5. bottomshollow

aug 30.jpg @nonny, you have been officially added to the August surgery list! You are now officially an August Hot Shot!

Welcome to the BoneSmart forum. We’re so pleased that you have joined us here. If you have not started a thread of your own, please do so. Here's a link to tell you how:Starting a new thread and posting With your own thread, you and your questions and concerns will receive the attention they deserve.

For additional help, look in the white heading under the blue, click on Help & Info, then click on How to Use This Forum. Lots of info there to help you navigate the forum.

Glad you're enjoying my knee replacement journey. Its been almost 6 years, and I still love my man made knees! We are here to help in any way we can because We Care!

6. Anne C

Anne C

Hello August,
    I have mixed feelings, looking forward to it and not. I will be having outpatient surgery. Has anyone had that? I would like to hear about it.
    Anne

7. bottomshollow

@Anne C, I need your surgery date, if you have one, to be able to put you on the August list.

8. Anne C

Anne C

Hi bottomshollo,

My date is August 7th.

Anne

9. bottomshollow

aug 24.jpg @Anne C, you have been officially added to the August surgery list! You are now officially an August Hot Shot!

Welcome to the BoneSmart forum. We’re so pleased that you have joined us here. If you have not started a thread of your own, please do so. Here's a link to tell you how:Starting a new thread and posting With your own thread, you and your questions and concerns will receive the attention they deserve.

For additional help, look in the white heading under the blue, click on Help & Info, then click on How to Use This Forum. Lots of info there to help you navigate the forum.

We are here to help in any way we can because We Care!

10. SoCalMom

SoCalMom

Anne C. I had a Left hip replacement and was sent home from hospital the same afternoon. Is that what you would call outpatient?

11. Anne C

Anne C

Yes and No. I will not be going to a hospital but a medical center. And yes the same afternoon. It seems the same, how did you feel?

Lisa

12. Miggie

Miggie

Hi everyone! My new date is August 29 for THR posterior approach. I was originally scheduled in June, but unforeseen issue came up at my pre-op and had to postpone. That has been addressed and I'm ready to get my new hip!

• Like Like x 4
  13. bottomshollow

chilling 1.jpg @Miggie, you have been officially added to the August surgery list! You are now officially an August Hot Shot!

14. woodwitch

woodwitch

August 24th is my scheduled THR

15. bottomshollow

melt 1.jpg @woodwitch, you have been officially added to the August surgery list! You are now officially an August Hot Shot!

• Like Like x 2
  16. bottomshollow

cooling off 1.jpg @Lerwick8, you have been officially added to the August surgery list! You are now officially an August Hot Shot!

Sorry you had to postpone your July surgery date and hoping your dad is much improved soon,

17. Anne C

Anne C

Hi Everyone, I just found out the type of surgery I am having, it is the post micro plastic spinal. They do not cut the muscles or tendons that is why there is less down time. Has anyone had this?

18. gypsygirl

gypsygirl

Hello Everyone, I'm scheduled for a minimally invasive anterior approach, robotic assisted hip replacement August 16th. I'm both nervous and excited, more nervous though!

• Like Like x 2
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  19. Jamie

Jamie ADMINISTRATOR Administrator

Anne, your post is very confusing. You're having a hip replacement so I have no idea what you mean by "post micro plastic spinal." Can you please give more information?

20. bottomshollow

chilling 2.jpg @gypsygirl, you have been officially added to the August surgery list! You are now officially an August Hot Shot!