Guest viewing is limited

2017 August Hot Shots - Are you having hip surgery in August?

[Bonesmart.org] 2017 August Hot Shots - Are you having hip surgery in August?
your surgery date, per your request.
 
:yikes:Mine is scheduled for the 28th. I know I'll be so much more comfortable after, I have bone on bone now and ouchy, but after looking at the incisions, I have to say I'm a little nervous.....
Has anyone else had a total replacement that lives alone?
I am allergic to anesthesia so I will have to have a spinal, as did one lady here from Canada. I had my knee scoped while I was awake and watching. I was actually pretty neat. I was, however, a little concerned about "hearing" stuff but I would enjoy watching the procedure.
 
Last edited by a moderator:
I have brought forward this month's list so that you can easily see who your surgical buddies are.

Welcome to our latest and all August Hot Shots!


[Bonesmart.org] 2017 August Hot Shots - Are you having hip surgery in August?


Feel free post your surgery date in this thread, and I will add you to the list. Start a thread of your own in the Pre-Op Hip Section to post comments and share your journey toward hip replacement. Here's the link that gives you the instructions you need to do this: Starting a new thread and posting

07 August 2017 Anne C
09 August 2017 lyrock
10 August 2017 scarlet
15 August 2017 dpesante
16 August 2017 nonny, gypsygirl
22 August 2017 SimplyD, Polar69
24 August 2017 woodwitch
28 August 2017 Anatara, purplepup, VeteranD42 (his first)
29 August 2017 Miggie
 
[Bonesmart.org] 2017 August Hot Shots - Are you having hip surgery in August?
@purplepup, you have been officially added to the August surgery list! You are now officially an August Hot Shot!

Welcome to the BoneSmart forum. We’re so pleased that you have joined us here. If you have not started a thread of your own, please do so. Here's a link to tell you how:Starting a new thread and posting With your own thread, you and your questions and concerns will receive the attention they deserve.

For additional help, look in the white heading under the blue, click on Help & Info, then click on How to Use This Forum. Lots of info there to help you navigate the forum.

We are here to help in any way we can because We Care!
 
Hello , I had my pre opp last week. I was a bit surprised to find out that I won't be having a general anaesthetic, but a spinal block. Are any of you guys in the same boat. I'm having posterior thr.
 
@bottomshollow .. Yikes, it's me again! My surgery date is a bit of an unknown at the moment as I want to meet with one more doctor next week, so please remove me from the August 15th date/list.

I will, of course, let you know when a final surgery date has been decided.

Thank you!!
 
@Anatara..
From my understanding, a spinal is quite common for hip replacement surgery. Although general anesthesia is still used in some cases, it is not really the norm.
 
@Lerwick8, you have been officially removed from the August surgery list per your request. Looking forward to hearing from you in the near future.
 
@lyrock @scarlet
Hope your nerves are at a minimum and your expectations at a maximum.
Recovery is your road back to your life .
Best wishes to you.
Let us know how things went when you are able, new hips await!
 
Hi my name is Debbie and I'm booked in for my TLHR on the 22nd August.. I'm having a posterior approach and am starting to feel pretty nervous now. I'm 48 and have had osteoarthritis for about 20 years. Kind of been putting it off for the last 5 years.. would love to hear how others around my age are dealing with the lead up and what to expect after xxx
 
:hi: @Polar69. Bet your anxious but you have to be excited at the prospect of being rid of that terrible hip OA pain. I just turned 54 and the last five years for an otherwise healthy energetic woman was a struggle and drain to say the least. Sleep became impossible. I had double hip replacement May 1st and just woke up from a pain-free 8 hour reviving sleep.
That should excite you if you have been suffering so long with hip pain. I know it still amazes me. I did have anterior approach but lots on this forum have had posterior. Check out the recovery threads and you will see SOME whining, Lots of getting better fast, and gracious amounts of good advice. You can do this!!!
 
[Bonesmart.org] 2017 August Hot Shots - Are you having hip surgery in August?
@Polar69, you have been officially added to the August surgery list! You are now officially an August Hot Shot!

Welcome to the BoneSmart forum. We’re so pleased that you have joined us here. If you have not started a thread of your own, please do so. Here's a link to tell you how:Starting a new thread and posting With your own thread, you and your questions and concerns will receive the attention they deserve.

For additional help, look in the white heading under the blue, click on Help & Info, then click on How to Use This Forum. Lots of info there to help you navigate the forum.

We are here to help in any way we can because We Care!
 
Hi, i am having my first hip replacement on 28th August in Adelaide Australia, followed shortly there after by number 2.
 
[Bonesmart.org] 2017 August Hot Shots - Are you having hip surgery in August?
@VeteranD42, you have been officially added to the August surgery list! You are now officially an August Hot Shot!

Welcome to the BoneSmart forum. We’re so pleased that you have joined us here. If you have not started a thread of your own, please do so. Here's a link to tell you how:Starting a new thread and posting With your own thread, you and your questions and concerns will receive the attention they deserve.

For additional help, look in the white heading under the blue, click on Help & Info, then click on How to Use This Forum. Lots of info there to help you navigate the forum.

We are here to help in any way we can because We Care!
 
Welcome @VeteranD42. Hip replacement as a remedy freaked me out at 53. Appears mine were bone on bone with OA, though none I know if in my family.
Was wondering what led to having yours replaced.
By the by...I'm 3 months out and it is the best thing I could've done. Look, act , and feel 30 years younger and NO HIP PAIN.
Amazing!
 
@VeteranD42 Two weeks to begin to have your life back. It is truly amazing how life changing this surgery has been. Advice already, if you don't mind. We active types will want to push things...and the amount of patience you show during recovery will definitely affect how quickly and easily you progress. I want these hips to affix, and everything to heal properly so I never have to do this again. The rewards have already been phenomenal, but I still have to remind myself not to overdo.
You are gonna be one happy camper when this is done
 
Hello , I had my pre opp last week. I was a bit surprised to find out that I won't be having a general anaesthetic, but a spinal block. Are any of you guys in the same boat. I'm having posterior thr.
I understand that spinal is the preferred way to go, It is certainly my surgeon's choice. I had it with my first replacement a few years ago and will again for the next one on 8/24. You will not be awake, as they give you meds that keep you unaware during the procedure. I know I felt much better after the spinal than I ever did with full general.
 
:yikes:Mine is scheduled for the 28th. I know I'll be so much more comfortable after, I have bone on bone now and ouchy, but after looking at the incisions, I have to say I'm a little nervous.....
Has anyone else had a total replacement that lives alone?
I am allergic to anesthesia so I will have to have a spinal, as did one lady here from Canada. I had my knee scoped while I was awake and watching. I was actually pretty neat. I was, however, a little concerned about "hearing" stuff but I would enjoy watching the procedure.
You won't be "hearing stuff" as they give you meds to keep you unaware during the procedure. The spinal leaves you feeling much better afterwards than general anesth.
 
Woodwitch and purplepup , thank you , I'm slowly getting my head around it , I was just surprised as I was given a general when I had a wisdom tooth out last year so I was a bit shocked that I wouldn't be going under for my hip replacement.
 
Back
Top Bottom