I have brought forward this month's list so that you can easily see who your surgical buddies are.
Welcome to our latest and all August Hot Shots!
Feel free post your surgery date in this thread, and I will add you to the list. Start a thread of your own in the Pre-Op Hip Section to post comments and share your journey toward hip replacement. Here's the link that gives you the instructions you need to do this: Starting a new thread and posting
07 August 2017 Anne C
09 August 2017 lyrock
10 August 2017 scarlet
15 August 2017 Lerwick8, dpesante
16 August 2017 nonny, gypsygirl
22 August 2017 SimplyD
24 August 2017 woodwitch
28 August 2017 Anatara
29 Augusrt 2017 Miggie
Hi @gypsygirl! We are twins; same surgery date. I can't wait, but I'm nervous, too. Six weeks this Wednesday. Do you need your other hip replaced also? I do. One at a time, though.
Hi everyone, I received the surgery date for my total hip replacement today - Tues August 22! Looks like I'll be joining the August group. Thank you so much for this forum. I'll start a thread in the Pre-Op section later today or tomorrow. Excited and nervous now that it's reality. It helps tremendously to have this support.
@SimplyD, you have been officially added to the August surgery list! You are now officially an August Hot Shot!
Welcome to the BoneSmart forum. We’re so pleased that you have joined us here. If you have not started a thread of your own, please do so. Here's a link to tell you how:Starting a new thread and posting With your own thread, you and your questions and concerns will receive the attention they deserve.
For additional help, look in the white heading under the blue, click on Help & Info, then click on How to Use This Forum. Lots of info there to help you navigate the forum.
We are here to help in any way we can because We Care!
@scarlet, you have been officially added to the August surgery list! You are now officially an August Hot Shot!
Welcome to the BoneSmart forum. We’re so pleased that you have joined us here. If you have not started a thread of your own, please do so. Here's a link to tell you how:Starting a new thread and posting With your own thread, you and your questions and concerns will receive the attention they deserve.
For additional help, look in the white heading under the blue, click on Help & Info, then click on How to Use This Forum. Lots of info there to help you navigate the forum.
We are here to help in any way we can because We Care!
@Anatara, you have been officially added to the August surgery list! You are now officially an August Hot Shot!
Welcome to the BoneSmart forum. We’re so pleased that you have joined us here. If you have not started a thread of your own, please do so. Here's a link to tell you how:Starting a new thread and posting With your own thread, you and your questions and concerns will receive the attention they deserve.
For additional help, look in the white heading under the blue, click on Help & Info, then click on How to Use This Forum. Lots of info there to help you navigate the forum.
We are here to help in any way we can because We Care!
@lyrock, you have been officially added to the August surgery list! You are now officially an August Hot Shot!
Welcome to the BoneSmart forum. We’re so pleased that you have joined us here. If you have not started a thread of your own, please do so. Here's a link to tell you how:Starting a new thread and posting With your own thread, you and your questions and concerns will receive the attention they deserve.
For additional help, look in the white heading under the blue, click on Help & Info, then click on How to Use This Forum. Lots of info there to help you navigate the forum.
We are here to help in any way we can because We Care!
@dpesante, you have been officially added to the August surgery list! You are now officially an August Hot Shot!
Welcome to the BoneSmart forum. We’re so pleased that you have joined us here. If you have not started a thread of your own, please do so. Here's a link to tell you how:Starting a new thread and posting With your own thread, you and your questions and concerns will receive the attention they deserve.
For additional help, look in the white heading under the blue, click on Help & Info, then click on How to Use This Forum. Lots of info there to help you navigate the forum.
We are here to help in any way we can because We Care!
@dpesante ..we are scheduled for the same day...although mine is posterior and I know that you have been seeking the least invasive option available. I hope that you have found it and I will keep up with your progress, which may well be much faster than mine due to your choice of procedure.
All the best!
Hello Everyone! Getting my new hip August 14th at Hospital for Special Surgery in NYC.
Getting a Smith & Nephew Oxinium Verilast replacement. Looking forward to posting in the 'after' forum...
@Lerwick8 thanks! Reality is that I almost went with mini-posterior but decided with DA because of where I was having it done and how I felt about the doctor.... what is kind of weird is that I feel most of the pain on my left hip even though my right hip is the one that is bone-on-bone....
I will look at you as my virtual partner on this... stay in touch!!!
@dpesante..Okay really dumb question on my part, but by DA do you mean an anterior? Either way, how you feel about your doctor is the most important thing!
I was initially going to have an anterior with one surgeon, but when he came into the room for our consultation, he was smacking chewing gum and just being a bit of a cowboy. He does have an excellent reputation, but I personally was not comfortable with him...hence the posterior planned with a very conservative surgeon who I feel is very competent and professional.
Mind you, I am absolutely dreading the 6+ weeks of restrictions, so any correspondence with my virtual surgery partner during the recovery period will be most welcome
It is definitely becoming real as I had 8 boxes from Amazon delivered today with my walker, toilet seat riser, pillows and the list goes on!!!
This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.