2016 July Sparklers - Are you having knee surgery in July?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oh don't give up! Now you have 7 posts I will send you a personal message. Look out for the red "1" under the Inbox by your name, top right hand corner!
 
I have brought forward this month's list so that you can easily see who your surgical buddies are.

Welcome to our latest and all July Sparklers!



[Bonesmart.org] 2016 July Sparklers - Are you having knee surgery in July?


Feel free post your surgery date in this thread, and I will add you to the list. Start a thread of your own in the Pre-Op Knee Section to post comments and share your journey toward knee replacement. Here's the link that gives you the instructions you need to do this: Starting a new thread and posting

01 July 16 Sunbeam10
02 July 16 Arcadia67 (her second)
05 July 16 bigt, kneeperson
06 July 16 sinclac57 (bilateral)
07 July 16 jmh1007 (partial)
08 July 16 hippietoo, digger61 (bilateral)
11 July 16 LaylaHips, tpellerin (her second), Nammy925 (her second)
12 July 16 Poohstew, aconcepts, stacyboots, dnslbrg, Katgonmom
13 July 16 be@peace (bilateral), 34120 (bilateral)
14 July 16 Diane LTKR (her second)
18 July 16 lizard615
19 July 16 DeeDeeB (her second), turtle68 (revision), grannybelt
20 July 16 JDonovan (her second), stadx, Yorkshiregal54 (her second), Turkish (partial)
25 July 16 jmdearras, sandyen08 (bilateral)
26 July 16 Stitcher (bilateral), Misharost (his second)
27 July 16 Kleinebarr, lynne2fl
28 July 16 Apple pie (bilateral)
 
[Bonesmart.org] 2016 July Sparklers - Are you having knee surgery in July?
@34120, you have been officially added to the July surgery list! You are now officially a July Sparkler!

Welcome to the BoneSmart forum. We’re so pleased that you have joined us here. If you have not started a thread of your own, please do so. With your own thread, you and your questions and concerns will receive the attention they deserve.

We are here to help in any way we can because We Care!
 
I'm having a bilateral double knee replacement on July 26. I had arthroscopic surgery on right knee about 12 years ago and nothing since. I knew they were bad but no idea both knees were bone on bone until the orthopedic surgeon told me last month. I'm 56 yrs old and haven't been moving well for atleast 15 years now. So it will be nice to get my life back and be able to do steps without pain, walk downhill without pain, and sit on the floor and be able to get up without help :>)


Sent from my iPad using BoneSmart Forum
 
Oh, thank you! I tried to write a summary about my knee issues and make a signature. But, it must me floating around in cyberspace!

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk
 
I'm having it done on July 13th. I can only hope to step off a curb without fear of falling, be able to shop without a ride on, and be able to take my grandchildren places where I must walk.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk
 
[Bonesmart.org] 2016 July Sparklers - Are you having knee surgery in July?
@Stitcher, you have been officially added to the July surgery list! You are now officially a July Sparkler!

Welcome to the BoneSmart forum. We’re so pleased that you have joined us here. If you have not started a thread of your own, please do so. With your own thread, you and your questions and concerns will receive the attention they deserve.

We are here to help in any way we can because We Care!
 
Dear Bottomshollow,
I think I accidentally began a new thread when I meant to join the July Sparklers here! I actually don't know what I did...Anyway, I am so grateful to have found your site. Your encouraging and supportive words to others have been very comforting. My LTKR is scheduled for July 27, 2016. As I shared in my other post, wherever it might be, I have gone through a variety of emotions leading up to this but am trying to remain calm and positive. I'm doing each exercise the PTs have told me to do every day, and I hope these will strengthen the muscles around my knees, hips, and arms. We shall see! Thank you for your positive attitude~it helps tremendously.
 
Two more days! July 11 is my LTKR surgery date! Right knee done at end of February. Looking forward to two good knees!


Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum
 
My surgery is scheduled for July 12th. LTKR


Sent from my iPad using BoneSmart Forum
 
Hi bottoms hollow
Can you take me off the list. I have decided to postpone my TKR for 6 weeks


49 year old
Recurrent dislocating patella left knee since age 14
Meniscus tear repair 1 March 13
Scheduled for BTKR in 2016

Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum
 
[Bonesmart.org] 2016 July Sparklers - Are you having knee surgery in July?
@Kleinebarr, you have been officially added to the July surgery list! You are now officially a July Sparkler!

Welcome to the BoneSmart forum. We’re so pleased that you have joined us here. If you have not started a thread of your own, please do so. With your own thread, you and your questions and concerns will receive the attention they deserve. Since this is a thread----you have only posted here--so not to worry!

We are here to help in any way we can because We Care!
 
[Bonesmart.org] 2016 July Sparklers - Are you having knee surgery in July?
@Nammy925, you have been officially added to the July surgery list! You are now officially a July Sparkler!

Welcome back to the BoneSmart forum. We’re so pleased that you have rejoined us here for your second surgery. If you have not started a thread of your own, please do so. With your own thread, you and your questions and concerns will receive the attention they deserve.

We are here to help in any way we can because We Care!
 
[Bonesmart.org] 2016 July Sparklers - Are you having knee surgery in July?
@katgonmom, you have been officially added to the July surgery list! You are now officially a July Sparkler!

Welcome to the BoneSmart forum. We’re so pleased that you have joined us here. If you have not started a thread of your own, please do so. With your own thread, you and your questions and concerns will receive the attention they deserve.

We are here to help in any way we can because We Care!
 
@homestead, you have been officially removed from the July surgery list! Looking forward to putting you on the September list.
 
I go in on July 20th for my LTKR....RTKR was done in November of 2013....I remember the recovery well :gaah:

That time it was traditional TKR because of the disaster I had of a knee joint. This time we are doing some "quad sparing" and using a CONFORMIS knee which is actually made for my knee from a CT Scan (we really have become the Jetsons). The surgeon said my recovery will be easier this time around as the left knee, although shot, still has flexibility and the pain isn't limiting....I'm taking advantage of really good insurance which, as we all know, won't get better as the years go by.
Wishing you well and speedy recovery
 
Having LTKR 6/26/16. Had RTKR in August 15 and this forum helped me a lot with rehab!
There were so many questions with the first knee and all my questions were answered here!
I think,knowledge-is our strength!
 
[Bonesmart.org] 2016 July Sparklers - Are you having knee surgery in July?
@Misharost, you have been officially added to the July surgery list! You are now officially a July Sparkler!

Welcome back to the BoneSmart forum. We’re so pleased that you have joined us here for your second surgery. If you have not started a thread of your own, please do so. With your own thread, you and your questions and concerns will receive the attention they deserve.

We are here to help in any way we can because We Care!
 
hi, my surgery is less than 32 hours away, on the 27th qne the clock is moving way too slow
 
[Bonesmart.org] 2016 July Sparklers - Are you having knee surgery in July?
@lynne2fl, you have been officially added to the July surgery list! You are now officially a July Sparkler!

Welcome to the BoneSmart forum. We’re so pleased that you have joined us here. If you have not started a thread of your own, please do so. With your own thread, you and your questions and concerns will receive the attention they deserve.

We are here to help in any way we can because We Care!
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

  • Jockette
    Staff member since March 18, 2018
  • benne68
    Staff member since February 4, 2022

Members online

Back
Top Bottom