2016 February Valentines - Are you have knee surgery in February?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have brought forward this month's list so that you can easily see who your surgical buddies are.

Welcome to our latest and all February Valentines!


[Bonesmart.org] 2016 February Valentines - Are you have knee surgery in February?


Feel free post your surgery date in this thread, and I will add you to the list. Start a thread of your own in the Pre-Op Knee Section to post comments and share your journey toward knee replacement. Here's the link that gives you the instructions you need to do this: Starting a new thread and posting

01 February 16 charmed-life, TBRN, Pogostick
02 February 16 Custardcup
03 February 16 redsoxmama (her first), grace23
04 February 16 Sandydee, PDA, Optimistic1
08 February 16 Sandragmd (bilateral)
09 February 16 LowFlo
10 February 16 BlueDog (bilateral), bamagirl (partial)
11 February 16 janway (bilateral)
12 February 16 Wklrcuz
16 February 16 lite699 (bilateral), javajoe (revision), Dabber (revision), lite699, laghdam (partial), Narynia, Idahogirl
17 February 16 KayeKaye (bilateral)
22 February 16 Felicia
23 February 16 DUTCH (his second), Alfie (her second), Sassy, Tennisfan, cas1980 (partial), ActorMark
24 February 16 Creation
25 February 16 Peaceful
26 February 16 Whizzzzz
 
Having moved out of January due to cancellation and I've just completed yet another pre-op assessment. Small identified infection, so rapid course of antibiotics and fingers crossed for the 9th February! New Right Knee - it's been a long time coming!
 
I am on the schedule for February 26, 2016 @ Rush University Medical Center in Chicago. I am 45 years old and have needed my L knee replaced for about 5-7 years. Am a swimmer/cyclist/(former) runner and I have worn this L knee out.

Had a scope last Feb, (one year ago today) and my knee was "resurfaced", bone spurs ground down, cartilage (what was left) was trimmed off, ACL removed (it was torn, and hanging out free form in the joint space... it was not replaced, too much arthritis) and I had my meniscus trimmed too. By the time he was finished there was very little left in the L knee other than bones and... whatever held it together. A PCL... and an MCL I suppose.

I did Ironman Wisconsin in September (7 months post scope) and finished. Walked the whole marathon.

But now I'm cooked and there's nothing else a conventional ortho can offer. I was given a cortisone injection to get me to surgery, and now... it's almost time!! Am looking forward to rehab and eventually being pain free. It's been far too many years of constant pain, constant ADVIL or MOBIC, constant PT, constant limping, and a continually limited ROM. (I am about 90 degrees flexion and I'm 7-8 degrees from full extension in my current state) Am excited!
 
Finally after three long years of knee pain I am scheduled February 17th at the Mayo Clinic for BOTH knees total replacement. Scared to say the least. But I know you all will be here for me. I have gained so much confidence from reading this forum. Thank you all.
 
Hi, my TKR is scheduled for February 23rd. I am nervous about it, most of the time I know it is the right thing to do, I have severe osteoarthritis, patella that dislocated at least seven times since I was 15 yo, remodeling if the femur, loose bone (19mm in length), but on the other hand I am only 50yo and afraid this is the beginning of a long travail. I'm very active and generally in good health.


Sent from my iPad using BoneSmart Forum
 
[Bonesmart.org] 2016 February Valentines - Are you have knee surgery in February?
@KayeKaye, you have been officially added to the February surgery list!

What to go girl!!! So glad you've finally gotten here---know it's been a long haul.
 
Thank you! I look forward to sharing and supporting my fellow Valentine-knee-aficionados!


Sent from my iPad using BoneSmart Forum
 
I just got the call this afternoon that I have my patellofemoral resurfacing scheduled for 2/23/2016!
 
Having left knee replacement on the 16th 1 week from today. Just found this forum. Glad to be here
 
Hello, I'm Mark and my surgery is on 2/23. Hopefully. My PCP did ekg and it had weird blip. Ugh I don't need this! I'm positive though, and having a chemical stress test on Wednesday the 17th.

Seeking everyone's support and prayers please? Happy Valentine's Day please introduce yourselves?
 
I am having a full left knee replacement on February 16th.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

  • Layla
    Staff member since November 20, 2017

Members online

Back
Top Bottom