2016 August Hot Shots - Are you having knee surgery in August?

Status
Not open for further replies.
The orthopedic unit in my hospital has big private rooms so no earbuds needed as there is no one else to bother. I can play my Amazon Prime music if I want. Could even watch a movie on Netflix or Amazon on my cellphone. I probably won't but I can if I want to.
 
Its amazing how the more I think of things, to bring, other things pop in my head... here is my list so far... one would think I am going on a safari where there is no access to modern conveniences. But Id rather just have more than I need, than say darn, I forgot x

Blue nightgown set
Ear plugs
sweatshirt
Underwear
Tablet
Cell
Chargers
Ext cord
Eye drops
Small hair brush
Toothbrush
toothpaste
Glasses
Balmex
Lip balm
Sweetzfree
Earphones
Crackers
Wintergreen icebreakers
Small shower spray fragrance
 
I think I'll add ear plugs to my stash. Those could come in handy. I use a white noise machine to block out sounds at home (or a fan depending on the temperature in the room) but don't want to take the machine.

How about deodorant? That's not on your list.
 
deodorant?
nahhh thats what I will use my shower spray for.. its Calgon Hawaiian ginger and will suffice.

As for white noise, you can get an app for that, either android or ios or maybe even kindle play store, or whatever its called in that ecosystem
 
I have brought forward this month's list so that you can easily see who your surgical buddies are.

Welcome to our latest and all August Hot Shots!


[Bonesmart.org] 2016 August Hot Shots - Are you having knee surgery in August?


Feel free post your surgery date in this thread, and I will add you to the list. Start a thread of your own in the Pre-Op Knee Section to post comments and share your journey toward knee replacement. Here's the link that gives you the instructions you need to do this: Starting a new thread and posting

01 August 16 Reanna27, maseko, LindaW
02 August 16 April Hill (her first)
03 August 16 JustmeT (patellar resurfacing), Baboo65, Aunty T
05 August 16 audreys130 (bilateral)
08 August 16 Doggiemom
10 August 16 goforwalks
11 August 16 thecoll (her first), Annie11 (her second)
15 August 16 FlaGranny, zammie24, MaddyS
17 August 16 dianehelen, Sipzener
18 August 16 pizzadog
22 August 16 nananew (her second), Tnlady
23 August 16 jvbs, sheliac
24 August 16 karena71, Deeann (her second)
26 August 16 poopoo (her first)
30 August 16 greatlakes
 
Where's maddys?? Good luck to u tomm as well!


Mercedes Z - RTKR Aug 15th
 
alot of the names on the August Hotshot list never post, I hope they are doing well and those still to have surgery, hope you do well too. Would love to hear from the rest.
 
I am about one week out from my second TKR. Things are going well, just waiting.


Sent from my iPad using BoneSmart Forum
 
Iam one week away from surgery day as of tomorrow. Have to be off all meds except Tylenol and my bp meds. Dread the pain and soreness from pre op exercises but iam doing them religiously to hopefully speed my recovery. I have a to do list a mile long for this coming week guess that will keep my nerves in check .. Hope so at least.. Oh and thank you to those that responded to my question about a spinal..
 
In exactly 12 hours I'll be in the or - yikes! Nerrrvesssss


Mercedes Z - RTKR Aug 15th
 
I just received a call from my OS, asking how I was and if I had any questions for tomorrow. I told him no and that I was ready. See you tomorrow doc. :yes:

I will try to post tomorrow.
 
@Tnlady Do not make yourself sore before surgery. If muscles are sore going in to surgery they will be sore coming out. It will take 2 or 3 days to recover from a workout hard enough to be painful the next day. I've been working out for a couple of years and rarely do I get sore afterwards and, believe me, I have built muscle in that time.
 
nahhh thats what I will use my shower spray for.. its Calgon Hawaiian ginger and will suffice.

As for white noise, you can get an app for that, either android or ios or maybe even kindle play store, or whatever its called in that ecosystem

Hawaiian Ginger - that sounds like it smells good!

I could get an app but earplugs will work just fine. I wore them for years until I got my noise machine.
 
@zammie24 Yes, I was a little surprised. My goodness, he sounds as young as he looks. He's in his 40's but looks like he's 18 or 20. Nice voice too.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.
Back
Top Bottom