2015 September Sapphires - Are You Having Knee Surgery In September?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Alright Sapphires, its our time!! We all made the difficult decision to commit to surgery, some for the second time. We are all well prepared.....have read all the incredible literature on Bone Smart, including memorizing the mantra......we have prepared our homes for our post op and have gathered our support network to assist. We are all ready......so the waiting is almost over and its "batter-up". Some of us will hit a home run in recovery (gosh I saw a guy on You-Tube who was walking outside in 12 days after a bi-lateral), others will hit triples and doubles, but we will all get on base and come around to score for a much better life!!!! Recovery will always be at each individuals pace and our knees will tell us how fast it will be but rest assured there is such a solid network of friends on Bone Smart who will be there to support us all the way through with great encouragement and sound advice!!

This is wishing all my fellow Sapphires the very best of surgical outcomes and a speedy and successful recovery
 
I have brought forward this month's list so that you can easily see who your surgical buddies are.

Welcome to our latest and all September Sapphires!


[Bonesmart.org] 2015 September Sapphires - Are You Having Knee Surgery In September?


Feel free post your surgery date in this thread, and I will add you to the list. Start a thread of your own in the Pre-Op Knee Section to post comments and share your journey toward knee replacement. Here's the link that gives you the instructions you need to do this: Starting a new thread and posting

08 September 15 KaySoCal (bilateral), Complaintdesk, okiekrystal, cbmarmostsgrl (Arthosurface pf wave)
10 September 15 Gimpyhop
14 September 15 celynda (her second), gaelan01 (bilateral), Randi (revision), apberg
15 September 15 wings
17 September 15 revcatlover (bilateral)
21 September 15 bigj111182
22 September 15 jackibar, Lili
23 September 15 ritaxis, 1cruiselvr (revision)
28 September 15 iggygal, Drkswife88 (her second), EverGr8ful (bilateral)
30 September 15 Sept30th, saz2020 (her second)
 
I'm getting ready for my big day in 4 weeks! Getting excited and nervous. I too had a tooth infection that I couldn't get rid of and had to have tooth pulled. :groan: In PT and lots going on.

The hospital is ordering me a walker and I was told to buy a cane. So far, I bought a wrap around ice pack for leg/knee and one for lumbar for any back pain. I also ordered a comfy "leg elevator" to elevate my knee. :) Amazon has a lot of great products - just read the reviews.
 
I don't know if this is the correct place to change my surgery date . My new date is September 22nd. on August 31st I will be having my long waited for and dreaded Quimical Stress test.

Good Luck! :)
 
That would be a "chemical" stress test where you don't actually have to walk on the treadmill. They give you a drug that speeds up your heart to simulate the activity. It's done that way when people have a physical problem that makes treadmill walking difficult.
 
I'm having my Right total knee replacement on September 28th. I had a Left MAKO done over a yr ago. I have been waiting for 13 yrs to have the Right knee done. If our town hadn't gotten a new orthopedics group I'd still be waiting. I will only be spending 2 nights in the hospital and will have very little help at home. I have a disabled husband and an elderly Mom with dementia that I take care of besides working FT. I have to have the surgery now since I don't know how long my husband has plus with Mom's memory getting worse it's now or never.
 
[Bonesmart.org] 2015 September Sapphires - Are You Having Knee Surgery In September?
@Drkswife88, you have been officially added to the September surgery list!

We want to share your journey with you. Please start a thread of your own in the proper forum. To start a new thread about your recovery, hover your mouse over "Knee Replacement" on the white line below the blue line at the top of the page. Click on "Knee Replacement Pre Op Area". On the upper right hand side under the white line under the blue line, you will see a black rectangle with the words "Post New Thread" in white. Click on this, enter whatever title you want for your thread, tab down to the dialogue box and start typing your post.

Also, here is the Library link that gives you the instructions you need to do this:
Starting a new thread and posting

By starting your own thread, you and your questions and concerns will receive the attention they deserve. I look forward to seeing your first post.
 
Hi I'm new to this forum. I am having my Arthrosurface pf wave tomorrow. Getting a little nervous
 
Hi All!

Just discovered this site this morning and already have made pages of notes of useful advice!!

September 17th for me - left TKR with ConforMIS!

Thanks!
 
Bummer. Surgery cancelled today due to the ConForMIS recall. So please remove me from Sept 17.
Hopefully can reschedule soon!
 
[Bonesmart.org] 2015 September Sapphires - Are You Having Knee Surgery In September?
@Tiasabita, I have removed you from the September surgery list. Sure hope I'll be able to put you back on very soon. So disappointing and such a let down, I know.
 
Well I'm set for 2 weeks from Monday. I'm in the process of doing a massive house cleaning and de- clutter. I even rented a dumpster to save me time going back and forth to our dump.
Have my pre-op Monday and got all my labs and EKG done. I'm not really scared just worried about my husband and Mom the 2 nights I'm in the hospital. Husband has a bad heart -2 heart attacks and 3 strokes, and Mom is 87 and has dementia. Both don't cook and I basically do it all. I made arrangements for hubby to pick up dinner on the way home after I get to my room and instructed him to not come back to see me until I'm ready to be discharged. ...I need him keeping an eye on Mom.
I'm lucky that I work at the hospital I'm having my TKA at and especially glad that my friend is t he boss of the surgery floor.
Besides husband and Mom issues I guess I'm a little worried about getting traction blisters again. I had them with my MAKO on my left knee. It took 3 weeks for them to pop on there own and then another week to totally dry up.
Well back to my quad sets and heel pumps. Looking forward to finally getting this DONE.
 
21/09/2015 R TKR scheduled, im only 32, anyone else younger had this done?
Not younger, but youngish (44). But probably needed this 12 years ago! Had hard time persuading them to take me seriously because I was 'too young'... By time I got my 1st X-ray it was straight to TKR for both knees cos it was too late to do anything more conservative. Left one 1st... On 30/09/15, so only just in with the Septembers (provided they manage not to cancel on me, I don't much trust my local hospital, it's not got a great reputation. )
 
I just found BoneSmart yesterday, and I look forward to all the helpful information I will be getting from it!
After a lot of scheduling problems, I am finally slotted to have bilateral TKR on September 28th.
I decided I would rather have a potentially more difficult/longer recovery than wait several more months to have the 2nd knee done... too painful for that long a wait. God is working this out!
 
Add me please! I had a Left TKR recovery thread in 2012 on Bonesmart. I'm having a revision on September 23rd. I hope to connect with others because last time this forum was a lifesaver.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.
Back
Top Bottom