Guest viewing is limited

2015 September Sapphires - Are You Having Knee Surgery In September?

Status
Not open for further replies.
[Bonesmart.org] 2015 September Sapphires - Are You Having Knee Surgery In September?
@Sept30th, you have been officially added to the September surgery list!
 
My TKR has once again been rescheduled. Due to a necessary antibiotic regimen for a small abscess on my upper palette, my August 5th surgery date is cancelled and September 8th is my new surg date. The infection cleared up in 2 days, and I am fit as a fiddle. I am not at all put out by this, because I do not get stressed out or discouraged over things I have no control over. On the contrary I have been so positive mentally & spiritually lately, I have quit smoking cigarettes and switched to using a vaporizer as a delivery system for my nicotine habit. My health has improved immensely and my lungs are responding most favourably.

Cheers,

broken link removed: https://www.ecigalternative.com/quit-counter/quit-smoking-banner.php
 
I have brought forward this month's list so that you can easily see who your surgical buddies are.

Welcome to our latest and all September Sapphires!


[Bonesmart.org] 2015 September Sapphires - Are You Having Knee Surgery In September?


Feel free post your surgery date in this thread, and I will add you to the list. Start a thread of your own in the Pre-Op Knee Section to post comments and share your journey toward knee replacement. Here's the link that gives you the instructions you need to do this: Starting a new thread and posting

08 September 15 KaySoCal (bilateral), Complaintdesk, okiekrystal
10 September 15 Gimpyhop
14 September 15 celynda (her second), gaelan01 (bilateral), Randi (revision), apberg
15 September 15 wings
17 September 15 revcatlover (bilateral)
21 September 15 bigj111182
22 September 15 jackibar, Lili
23 September 15 ritaxis
28 September 15 iggygal
30 September 15 Sept30th
 
[Bonesmart.org] 2015 September Sapphires - Are You Having Knee Surgery In September?
@Complaintdesk, you have been officially added to the September surgery list!

Congrats on quitting smoking. Been down that road and have never looked back----you feel better as a result of quitting and find you have a bit more money in your pocket :heehee:.
 
KaySoCal,

Looks like we are "team bilateral" for September....like you I just recently found this site and it has done wonders to fill in all the blanks and give me the confidence that we are making the right decision. its time to get back to doing the things we all use to take for granted. You are first in September and thinking all positive thoughts. ...
@gaelan01, it is good to look past the procedure and challenges to the rewards ahead. And we can find support here for our questions and fears. I was concerned about going bilateral, but I think it is the right decision-- fewer opportunities for mistakes or infections, less time in rehab, and less time missed from work. Plus, I will be functional sooner! Hope you feel the same.

@Complaintdesk, good for you with smoking reduction. That is a tough hill to climb! I am trying to prepare for rehab by getting in better shape with a trainer, but I haven't lost any bad habits.
 
KaySoCal,

Anyone who commits to partial, TKR or BTKR replacements is making a courageous journey, but with the knowledge that the benefits outway the means to get there. Kudos to those who are the moderators and the members that share their experiences as it has made my decision easier for the BKTR through information and helping develop the questions to ask my OS and OT. Last week I had my pre op class at the ortho facility, it further eased any last remaining concerns. The nurses that spoke were impressive and so committed to a successful surgical outcome. I m getting a pair of Stryker Triathlon s and was able to hold one in my hands and examine it. I cant tell you that it did feel a little weird knowing that two of these would be in me in only a month. Like you my reasons for the BKTR are much the same. The first OS did not do them.....the second OS recommended the procedure before I asked. Also I talked to three OTs for their experience and they all had experience with and saw no reason from their perspective not to do the BTKR. One surprise from the pre op class was learning that a TKR surgery takes 1.5 to 2 hours, while the BKTR is planned for two. Less time on the table clearly is a benefit, but begs the question how the surgery is performed. This will be a question for my OS at our upcoming clearance appointment.

KaySoCal we have made the right decision and are both so ready for feeling better and doing things. Will keep positive thoughts for you as your surgery date comes closer.
 
My date for LTKR is 9/15/15. I have a long to do list to complete before then.
 
I'm new to this site and I'm having a left total knee on September 8th. Any tips and pointers would be much appreciated.
 
:dubious::dubious:
Back again. Revision of RTKR scheduled for Sept. 15, 2015. Long story - just getting my head around facing this again...

Had asked for an earlier date if there was a cancellation - so got changed from September 15th to 14th !
 
[Bonesmart.org] 2015 September Sapphires - Are You Having Knee Surgery In September?
@okiekrystal, you have been officially added to the September surgery list!

We want to share your journey with you. Please start a thread of your own in the proper forum. To start a new thread about your recovery, hover your mouse over "Knee Replacement" on the white line below the blue line at the top of the page. Click on "Knee Replacement Recovery Area". On the upper right hand side under the white line under the blue line, you will see a black rectangle with the words "Post New Thread" in white. Click on this, enter whatever title you want for your thread, tab down to the dialogue box and start typing your post.

Also, here is the Library link that gives you the instructions you need to do this:
Starting a new thread and posting

By starting your own thread, you and your questions and concerns will receive the attention they deserve. I look forward to seeing your first post.
 
I don't know if this is the correct place to change my surgery date . My new date is September 22nd. on August 31st I will be having my long waited for and dreaded Quimical Stress test.
 
I will be having bilateral total knee replacement on September 17. Looking forward to hopefully being pain free after many years.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Back
Top Bottom