Guest viewing is limited

2015 September Sapphires - Are You Having Knee Surgery In September?

Status
Not open for further replies.
New here. Just schedule TKR for Sept 28th. I have a long time to think and prep. I injured my right knee in 2001 and have put off replacement as long as possible. Just had my CT July 20 for the Conformis iTotal, hoping that it is the correct decision for me. Female, 54, out of shape
Thanks for the add.
 
I have brought forward this month's list so that you can easily see who your surgical buddies are.

Welcome to our latest and all September Sapphires!

[Bonesmart.org] 2015 September Sapphires - Are You Having Knee Surgery In September?


Feel free post your surgery date in this thread, and I will add you to the list. Start a thread of your own in the Pre-Op Knee Section to post comments and share your journey toward knee replacement. Here's the link that gives you the instructions you need to do this: Starting a new thread and posting


01 September 15 Lili
08 September 15 KaySoCal (bilateral)
10 September 15 Gimpyhop
14 September 15 celynda (her second), gaelan01 (bilateral)
15 September 15 Randi (revision)
21 September 15 bigj111182
22 September 15 jackibar
23 September 15 ritaxis
28 September 15 iggygal
30 September 15 Sept30th
 
KaySoCal,

Looks like we are "team bilateral" for September....like you I just recently found this site and it has done wonders to fill in all the blanks and give me the confidence that we are making the right decision. its time to get back to doing the things we all use to take for granted. You are first in September and thinking all positive thoughts.
Swimrgirl sorry to learn of the cancelation....this must be so hard after making the decision to move forward....getting psyched for a date..only to be delayed....that to me is now the only concern that something might push back the date....
 
Count me in! I'm so excited my OS was agreeable to doing my surgery even though I'm not quite at the weight he would prefer - I went from a BMI of 57 down to 43! And my knees are so bad I can barely walk now - saw him yesterday and he said I need 2 new knees and that it's time because he can see how hard I've been working at the weight and maybe having the surgeries will break this plateau I've been on for 7 months. I'm almost in tears that this is actually going to finally happen for me!

First knee (left) is scheduled for 9-22-15! I picked that date because I wanted to wait till after a conference and night of worship I'm doing with our church's worship team...! So looks like I'll be getting 2 new knees for my birthday in November and Christmas! Hopefully the 2nd will be done mid-December.
 
Thanks so much! I'm thrilled to see I got the butterfly! The butterfly has been my "theme" all year standing for new beginnings and transformation! I even got a beautiful butterfly night light for my bathroom!!
 
I don't have my date yet, but I have been assured that my second knee replacement will happen "sometime in September." Unless it doesn't, of course. I'd go for earlier if they'd let me--now that the left leg is healing up the right leg is buckling sometimes!
 
Edit: I got my date! September 23!

That's as soon as I could get it. I'd do it tomorrow if it was available.
 
Last edited by a moderator:
@ritaxis so we are the same week, me going one day ahead of you! So nice to have others to go through this with!
 
Hello everyone, my new surgery date is September 1st. I can hardly wait for my new knee even thou I know about the long rehabilitation process the grand prize is at the end , FREEDOM from pain. :dancy:
 
="Lili, post: 805921, member 19132"]Hello everyone, my new surgery date is September 1st. I can hardly wait for my new knee even thou I know about the long rehabilitation process the grand prize is at the end , FREEDOM from pain. :dancy:[/QUOTE]
Lili,
Congrats on the new date, you will be leading us September Saphires...It took me a couple of weeks after my date to get mentally prepared...I am sure the go...stop....go is not easy. Again great news and all positive thoughts.
 
[Bonesmart.org] 2015 September Sapphires - Are You Having Knee Surgery In September?
@gaelan01, I misinterpreted your post to Lili because a quote should look like this:

Hello everyone, my new surgery date is September 1st. I can hardly wait for my new knee even thou I know about the long rehabilitation process the grand prize is at the end , FREEDOM from pain

I have changed your surgery date and the bilateral tag back.
 
:dancy::dancy::dancy:Left knee scheduled September 30th.

Then having right one done next year... Can't wait to get thru all this & be able to walk good again :)
 
Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Back
Top Bottom