2015 October Feisties - Are you having hip surgery in October?

Status
Not open for further replies.
[Bonesmart.org] 2015 October Feisties - Are you having hip surgery in October?
@kktoland, you have been officially added to the October surgery list!
 
THR left hip on Oct 26th in Calgary. Most people here doing a spinal or are some still doing general? Everyone is pushing spinal but I'm leery. Maybe get to take some selfies though.
 
I have brought forward this month's list so that you can easily see who your surgical buddies are.

Welcome to our latest and all October Feisties!



[Bonesmart.org] 2015 October Feisties - Are you having hip surgery in October?

Feel free post your surgery date in this thread, and I will add you to the list. Start a thread of your own in the Pre-Op Hip Section to post comments and share your journey toward hip replacement. Here's the link that gives you the instructions you need to do this: Starting a new thread and posting

05 October 15 DebraR (her second), CSrighthip
06 October 15 hip2 (bilateral), Hip hop hooray, Mike315 (his first), rmorgan
07 October 15 Mimi#51
08 October 15 Skatie
12 October 15 hippityhop (her second), Rubadub
13 October 15 Mrskin66
14 October 15 Eliana (her first), Cisne, Lady luck3
19 October 15 Kocob (her second), ilovefall (her second), slapstep, kktoland
20 October 15 Just4mules
21 October 15 hotdog22, Kay9 (her second)
26 October 15 Lseven
27 October 15 Tiffany57, Hipster Girl (her second)
28 October 15 Unchein, Southernbelle
29 October 15 RonelleZA
30 October 15 Crystal (her first)
 
I had my posterior LTHR on Wednesday, October 14, 2015, had a very positive hospital stay. Nursing staff was great as was my OS. Had spinal with sedation so I didn't have sore throat or fuzzy head when I woke up. Was sent home on Friday, October 16, late afternoon. Not too much pain as am taking Codeine during the day, Norco before bedtime. The only problem is when I get up from bed to use bathroom I"m leaking urine. Didn't know this would be a problem, so I put extra pads on my bed and have hand towels to use so I don't leak over the floor. Is this a common occurrence? Doesn't happen during the day when I use BR. Don't need to wear Ted hose as I am on Coumadin. My left leg is slightly swollen. So far so good except for the leaking problem.
 
Tomorrow is a big day with Kocob, ilovefall, slapstep, kktoland all scheduled! Thinking of you all & wishing you all successful surgeries and speedy recoveries! Lady luck3 happy to hear you had a good hospital stay and are only experiencing minimal pain. Keep up the good recovery!
 
Last edited by a moderator:
Is it too late to get in the Oct. group? I'm having a THR right hip on Oct. 28. anterior approach, Dr. Mason at Orthhcarolina. Looking forward to a great surgery and even better recovery, thanks to all the wonderful information and support here! I've enjoyed so much of the encouragement and information I've read on this site! Debra
 
@Lady luck3
Don't worry, I think it's fairly common. Maybe some residual numbness and our slowness to get to the pot on time? I've seen others post about it on their recovery forums, too. It goes away fairly quickly. I hope this helps your worries.
 
Thank you CricketHip for this information, you are right as have this problem under control, it only happened my first night home from hospital. I worry to much as this is my first time with a new hip. Now my new worry is a swollen foot, but probably my fault as am not icing as I should have. Just so glad I have this forum to go to for advice, etc.
 
Right hip on 30th October left hip soon after I hope



Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum
 
Today's the day
Wish me luck


Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum
 
I think I am now in the wrong group , I am now "post op"
The pain from surgery is about 1/10th of the Arthritis pain I had 4 hours ago


Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum
 
Hip replacement 3pm Friday
On my way home 3pm Saturday


Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum
 
@Crystal, We want to share your journey with you. Please start a thread of your own in the proper forum. To start a new thread about your recovery, hover your mouse over "Knee Replacement" on the white line below the blue line at the top of the page. Click on "Knee Replacement Recovery Area". On the upper right hand side under the white line under the blue line, you will see a black rectangle with the words "Post New Thread" in white. Click on this, enter whatever title you want for your thread, tab down to the dialogue box and start typing your post.

Also, here is the Library link that gives you the instructions you need to do this:
Starting a new thread and posting

By starting your own thread, you and your questions and concerns will receive the attention they deserve. I look forward to seeing your first post.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom