2015 October Feisties - Are you having hip surgery in October?

Status
Not open for further replies.
[Bonesmart.org] 2015 October Feisties - Are you having hip surgery in October?
@hippityhop, you have been officially added to the October surgery list!
 
I have brought forward this month's list so that you can easily see who your surgical buddies are.

Welcome to our latest and all October Feisties!


[Bonesmart.org] 2015 October Feisties - Are you having hip surgery in October?

Feel free post your surgery date in this thread, and I will add you to the list. Start a thread of your own in the Pre-Op Hip Section to post comments and share your journey toward hip replacement. Here's the link that gives you the instructions you need to do this: Starting a new thread and posting

05 October 15 DebraR (her second)
06 October 15 hip2 (bilateral), Hip hop hooray, Mike315 (his first)
07 October 15 Mimi#51
08 October 15 Skatie
12 October 15 hippityhop (her second)
14 October 15 Eliana (her first), Cisne
19 October 15 Kocob (her second), ilovefall (her second)
20 October 15 Just4mules
27 October 15 Tiffany57
 
Skatie, I have just come back to reading this forum since I have just got a date for my second THR. The first one was in November last year. I had the epidural and came round briefly during the surgery, while I could hear what was going on I wasn't at all bothered about it, I was very relaxed and mellow. No need to worry.


Sent from my iPad using BoneSmart Forum
 
:flwrysmile:Hi Everyone!
I've been lurking on this board since my (finally correct) diagnosis over a year ago, and I can't tell you how encouraging reading everyone's stories has been for me....thank you!
I took out private hospital cover straightaway and now my 12 months waiting period is finally up!!
So, October 27th is my date for Anterior Right THR. I'll need the Left done at some stage in the near future, too.
Dr Andreas Ferriera
Noosa Hospital
 
I am going to have my first surgery on October 6th, and hopefully my second surgery three months later. I am not in a lot of pain, but my ROM is very bad (can't even spread my legs much at all). I am getting around with a cane, but both hips are bone on bone, so I get tired really quick. I am hopeful that the surgeries will allow me to work a couple more years, and that I can walk without a cane. The thing that bothers me the most is that I can't do a lot of work around the house and yard, and it is a struggle to eat in a restaurant because of the chairs. When I travel, I usually eat at the bar since the stools are easier to deal with.
 
Second hip (right one) being done


Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum
 
Sorry being done on October 5th. Thread already in post op section due to having had right one done on March 19th, 2015.


Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum
 
Just back from my Hospital Pre-op visit and now everything just seems a little too real! With our recent vacation and work being absolutely insane, I have been able to push this to the back of my mind! So just panicking a bit on all I need to do with training my replacement at work and getting prepped for recovery like renting a walker etc. So deep breath and think while I'm watching the Jays-Yankee game tonight I'll make up a list tonight of everything I need to do in the next two weeks! Go Jays :)
 
Hi! I'm Michele and I'll be having arthroscopic hip surgery Oct. 14 due to cam FAI, a labral tear, and arthritis.
 
Hi everyone. Originally my first TRHR was scheduled for Sept. 28, but it got pushed back to Oct. 7. I'm excited to get this over and to feeling better. Thanks to this forum for giving me the encouragement I need.
You all our in my prayers for a successful surgery.:angel:
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom