2015 October Feisties - Are you having hip surgery in October?

Status
Not open for further replies.
@rmorgan
that has to have been a huge shock. Your surgery is in 3 days! You will be amazed at how well you feel immediately after the surgery. No more walking on broken glass. good luck!
 
October 13th in Salt Lake City, Utah


Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum
 
I have brought forward this month's list so that you can easily see who your surgical buddies are.

Welcome to our latest and all October Feisties!



[Bonesmart.org] 2015 October Feisties - Are you having hip surgery in October?

Feel free post your surgery date in this thread, and I will add you to the list. Start a thread of your own in the Pre-Op Hip Section to post comments and share your journey toward hip replacement. Here's the link that gives you the instructions you need to do this: Starting a new thread and posting

05 October 15 DebraR (her second), CSrighthip
06 October 15 hip2 (bilateral), Hip hop hooray, Mike315 (his first), rmorgan
07 October 15 Mimi#51
08 October 15 Skatie
12 October 15 hippityhop (her second), Rubadub
13 October 15 Mrskin66
14 October 15 Eliana (her first), Cisne, Lady luck3
19 October 15 Kocob (her second), ilovefall (her second), slapstep, kktoland
20 October 15 Just4mules
21 October 15 hotdog22, Kay9 (her second)
27 October 15 Tiffany57, Hipster Girl (her second)
28 October 15 Unchein
29 October 15 RonelleZA
 
Wow it looks like there are eight of us moving to the other side this week and on the road to relief and recovery! Good luck to all of us and the rest of October Hippies and thanks to all those who are already in recovery who pop into the thread to provide reassurance and support. I'm getting a little nervous but still working right through to Wednesday and still have some running around to do to rent walker, raised toilet seat etc!
 
Godspeed all y'all. Best of luck next week.




Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum
 
Hi everyone. October 28th is the big day! Just found this forum after googling "skateboarding after a hip replacement". That's the goal! Albeit a long term goal, but a goal none the less. I had 6 corrective hip surgeries when I was a kid (3 on each / one at a time). The left one had much more intense work done on it and I was told that by age 30 it would have to be replaced. I skated for about 15 years until it became too painful, snowboarded for 25, raced downhill mountain bikes on a national level for 10 as well. Needless to say, I wasn't exactly "nice" to my hips. I am now 41 and am finally taking care of it. Partially because the pain level has risen to a ridiculous amount, but mostly because..... I want my life back.

I've read some VERY inspirational stories in internet land and look forward to joining those who have pushed through this process and say "Man, I wish I did that ages ago!" because that seems to be the one thing everyone says after they've recovered.

Glad to be a part of the group!
 
Hello @Unchein Welcome! I got my new hip in SF on 9/30, doing great, I am amazed at my recovery although I do sleep a lot. Very little pain and good mobility at 1 week. The forum is great for any questions you might have. I am already more mobile and flexible than before the surgery. Glad you found the site.
 
October 14, 2015, in Oregon. First time...and so glad I found this site! :kitty:
 
Having my 2nd THR on the right side this time, on Oct 21st. Can you add me please. Thankyou.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom