2015 May Marvels - Are you having hip surgery in May?

Status
Not open for further replies.
[Bonesmart.org] 2015 May Marvels - Are you having hip surgery in May?
@Liznwiz, you have been officially added to the May surgery list!



 
Hi....new to this group but am scheduled for thr (right) on May 12. I am so ready to be pain-free
 
I have brought forward this month's list so that you can easily see who your surgical buddies are.

Welcome to our latest and all May Marvels!



[Bonesmart.org] 2015 May Marvels - Are you having hip surgery in May?
[Bonesmart.org] 2015 May Marvels - Are you having hip surgery in May?


Feel free post your surgery date in this thread, and I will add you to the list. However, please start a thread of your own in the Pre-Op Hip Section to post comments and share your journey toward hip replacement. Here's the link that gives you the instructions you need to do this: Starting a new thread and posting

01 May 15 Liznwiz
04 May 15 mattcine (his first)
05 May 15 Julie_MN
06 May 15 Jayboats20017, BadJointGA (his second), JanetLynn, Lore O
07 May 15 JayP
08 May 15 Gummy Bears, JulieJF
11 May 15 Sunny side up, 3Sportsdad, Sagefemme, buzzybee
12 May 15 CollieAngel
13 May 15 Blessed1
14 May 15 andycappvn
18 may 15 Cindy777, ccfleth
19 May 15 campedrn, Zumbamama (bilateral), Molly12
20 May 15 Dmac24
26 May 15 hbark
 
Hello all! I am scheduled for surgery on May 8. I'm also feeling nervous, and I'm so glad I found this forum. It will be wonderful to have a community and a cohort for recovery.
 
I posted too hastily. I should have added some details. :)

I'm scheduled May 8 for a LTHR. I was born with a congenital dislocation and had two surgeries before I was a year old. I am a lucky former patient of Dr. Robert Salter at Sick Kids in Toronto. Next week, my surgery is at the Hospital for Special Surgery in New York.

I'm nervous. At the same time, I'm ready...or at least resigned. My hip has been shot for at least two years, yet I've been limping around and trying to ignore the pain and my decreasing mobility.
 
@JulieJF I also had surgery performed by Dr. Salter. Although he didn't do my osteotomies (that was Dr. Gillespie at Sick Kids), Dr. Slater removed a bunch of 'loose bodies' from my right hip several years after my osteotomies.

My RTHR, in 2 days, is at Juravinski Hospital in Hamilton, Ontario.
 
@JayP
Hey, it's great to connect with another patient of Dr. Salter's! I loved that man. Saw him every year through college. Then I got cocky and didn't make my annual appointment, and he retired on me! He probably would have told me to have this surgery much earlier... Honestly, he and Sick Kids have my deepest admiration, as my parents had been given no hope for me to be able to walk when I was born. (But that was in Jamestown, NY...not in Toronto!)

I have forgotten: Are you having both hips done? You mentioned plural osteotomies.

Good luck on Thursday! My surgery is on Friday, so we'll hit the recovery side together. :)
 
@JulieJF Just the right is being replaced... for now. It's always been worse, first with Perthes, then the inevitable osteoarthritis. Fortunate that I've been able to lead a relatively active adult life. Just gotten to the point I felt I should do something.

Yes, Sick Kids is a great hospital. Spent lots of time there.

Good luck to you as well.
 
Call me a bit slow on the uptake, but I just discovered today that BoneSmart has a dedicated app. I had added the web page to the home screen on my phone, but the app is better. Just wanted to share in case some of you May Marvels hadn't found the app yet.
 
May 18 LTHR posterior. What do you know about Stryker Accolade II?
 
My surgery date has been moved up to May19. so glad I have less time to agonize about the operation. Consumes all my thoughts....driving myself and everyone around me crazy
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom