2015 May Marvels - Are you having hip surgery in May?

Status
Not open for further replies.
[Bonesmart.org] 2015 May Marvels - Are you having hip surgery in May?
@fearbox, you have been officially added to the May surgery list!
 
Hi..I just joined today. This forum looks amazing! I have many anxieties, but am moving forward with my schedule anterior THR this Thursday, May 21. I'm looking forward to reading more about everyone's personal experiences and hopefully getting some of my anxieties under control.

Thank you,
Rustie
 
I have brought forward this month's list so that you can easily see who your surgical buddies are.

Welcome to our latest and all May Marvels!



[Bonesmart.org] 2015 May Marvels - Are you having hip surgery in May?
[Bonesmart.org] 2015 May Marvels - Are you having hip surgery in May?


Feel free post your surgery date in this thread, and I will add you to the list. However, please start a thread of your own in the Pre-Op Hip Section to post comments and share your journey toward hip replacement. Here's the link that gives you the instructions you need to do this: Starting a new thread and posting

01 May 15 Liznwiz
04 May 15 mattcine (his first), fearbox (her second)
05 May 15 Julie_MN
06 May 15 Jayboats20017, BadJointGA (his second), JanetLynn, Lore O
07 May 15 JayP
08 May 15 Gummy Bears, JulieJF
11 May 15 Sunny side up, 3Sportsdad, Sagefemme, buzzybee
12 May 15 CollieAngel
13 May 15 Blessed1, Hooray
14 May 15 andycappvn
18 may 15 ccfleth
19 May 15 campedrn, Zumbamama (bilateral), Molly12
20 May 15 Dmac24, Desire
21 May 15 Rustie
26 May 15 hbark
28 May 15 teacher
30 May 15 trav86
 
I had my right hip replaced on Tuesday. Had a spinal for anesthesia and sedation. All went well. I walked that evening with a walker and took pain meds as ordered. Got a bit of sleep. The next day I walked and did the steps with the PT person. Went well. My leg feels swollen but measures the same as the other one. Discharged to home with follow-up with Home Health Nurse and PT. Took Senekot and Colace and finally had a BM today. Pain under control. Walking with walker and cane. Feels weird but I guess I am strong enough. Been quite a journey. I had iliopsoas bursitis for 2 years - many steroid injections, PT rest, ice, elevation. Went for a second opinion and he did x-rays and in less than a year, my joint was bone on bone. No one seems to have answers for me. Had to have the mini-posterior type due to the recurrent bursitis. This pain is nothing compared to the bursitis pain. Anyone have a similar experience? Going one day at a time!
 
@campedrn, We want to share your journey with you. Please start a thread of your own in the proper forum. To start a new thread about your recovery, hover your mouse over "Hip Replacement" on the white line below the blue line at the top of the page. Click on "Hip Replacement Recovery Area". On the upper right hand side under the white line under the blue line, you will see a black rectangle with the words "Post New Thread" in white. Click on this, enter whatever title you want for your thread, tab down to the dialogue box and start typing your post.

Also, here is the Library link that gives you the instructions you need to do this:
Starting a new thread and posting

By starting your own thread, you and your questions and concerns will receive the attention they deserve. I look forward to seeing your first post.
 
I'm having my right hip replaced on May 30. I'm very nervous and second guessing my surgeon/hospital choice. Also second guessing the date - a Saturday. I walk with much difficulty (at 59!) so I'm kind of out of options.
 
@trav86 what part of NY? There are a lot of people on here who have been happy with their surgeons in NY and if you are second guessing the surgeon, maybe you could start and thread and ask for some recommendations? My surgeon is very good (his name is in my signature) but Baltimore might be too far for you.
 
[Bonesmart.org] 2015 May Marvels - Are you having hip surgery in May?
@trav86, you have been officially added to the May surgery list!

Yes, do start of thread of your own. You will get loads of responses and lots of great info!
 
Thanks, gummy bears! I made my own thread. I think Baltimore is too far...
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom