2015 March Musketeers - Are you having knee surgery in March?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Revision RTKR March 3rd


Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum
Hi I see your from the UK and have already had your op how did it go....??? how you getting on any pain....???? i.m due to have mine done on 24th any tips I,m really really nervous
 
Hiya chick errrrr seems odd calling chick. Anyway im a hippie as in hip not hairstyle tisnt possible. I m good its ok to be worried its human but think of no more arrrrfritus pain. You will be fine loads of help here and the odd numpty ooooops ma middle name. Keep smiling and in touch
 
@chicklady im 9 days post op and doing ok. I had sedation a femoral block and spinal. I woke up really refreshed compared to having a general. Initially no pain because of the block. Once it wore off i had a fair bit of pain. Was up walking the next morning and back home at 5pm. It is painful but manageable with the right pain medication. I have a cryo cuff and its been great. Really helped with the pain and swelling. Im now on 1 crutch and pain is a lot less than last week. Just take it day by day. When i had my primary TKR done i wasnt prepared for the down feelings. If anything i would say be aware that you will have down days and up days. Come in and chat in post op as someone will always be there to help you. Good luck for the op x


Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum
 
Also make sure you have plenty of ice packs or a cryo cuff if you can get one. I got mines second hand off ebay and it is really good for pain. Pillows for elevating. Books to read and programmes to watch. Plan to spend the first few weeks just elevating and icing and keeping your pain under control. I was a nervous wreck before mines and its completely natural to feel that way x


Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum
 
I have brought forward this month's list so that you can easily see who your surgical buddies are.

Welcome to our latest and all March Musketeers!


[Bonesmart.org] 2015 March Musketeers - Are you having knee surgery in March?
[Bonesmart.org] 2015 March Musketeers - Are you having knee surgery in March?

Feel free post your surgery date in this thread, and I will add you to the list. Please do not chit-chat in this thread. Start a thread of your own in the Pre-Op Knee Section to post comments and share your journey toward knee replacement. Here's the link that gives you the instructions you need to do this: Starting a new thread and posting

03 March 15 chereb (revision), SharondaZ
04 March 15 jhcompliance (his first)
05 March 15 tracey10, pbird
09 March 15 Blendab1, wberry, jhcompliance (his second)
10 March 15 Lynn12345
11 March 15 DebStew (bilateral), stephjoe (her first)
12 March 15 RoxieRoller
13 March 15 jfiori54
17 March 15 Lhasasmommy, vmax
18 March 15 BananasKnees (her second)
19 March 15 Sunshine1964
20 March 15 MsOptimist (her first)
22 March 15 stephjoe
23 March 15 ways & means
24 March 15 Cat Lady, chicklady, AnnaMule
26 March 15 Sandydee
30 March 15 Tammyk, Starr R., BlondeTomboy (her first)
31 March 15 donnagetsnewknees (bilateral), Caulie
 
Also make sure you have plenty of ice packs or a cryo cuff if you can get one. I got mines second hand off ebay and it is really good for pain. Pillows for elevating. Books to read and programmes to watch. Plan to spend the first few weeks just elevating and icing and keeping your pain under control. I was a nervous wreck before mines and its completely natural to feel that way x


Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum
Thanks for the reply so glad your on the up I,ve not heard of cryo cuffs but I have brought a very large ice pack too go round my knee is that the same thing....??? may I ask what the spinal block was like think this is what I fear the most as I have a needle phobia is the after pain worst than the pain I have now lol x
 
Hiya chick errrrr seems odd calling chick. Anyway im a hippie as in hip not hairstyle tisnt possible. I m good its ok to be worried its human but think of no more arrrrfritus pain. You will be fine loads of help here and the odd numpty ooooops ma middle name. Keep smiling and in touch
Thanks for the reply Legin sorry thought you were a kneey hope you keeping well I,m trying to keep smiling but have this dark cloud over me 9days to go and hopefully I,ll be the other side x
 
Nae probs you should start your own thread. Here if you need an ear. It seems i hv two
 
I was terrified of the spinal. My aneathatist was brilliant though and he sedated me slightly before doing the spinal. I felt the tiniest nip and then it was over. Then he did femoral nerve blocks on my hip area but as i had the spinal i never felt a thing. I asked him to please keep me asleep as i would freak out if i seen/heard any of the surgery. He kept to his word and i was out all through the 4 hour surgery. It was just an injection into the spine. I woke up and felt so good after.
Your ice pack will be ideal. Try and have a couple though so that you have a fresh pack whilst the other is freezing back up. X


Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum
 
Hello everyone!

I just found this site. I'm scheduled for RTKR this Friday on March 20th and will have my LTKR on May 12th. Looking forward to becoming a member of this supportive community!
 
Welcome to the site loads off support some laughs and listeners you can even kick someone up the posterior. That would be me
 
I was terrified of the spinal. My aneathatist was brilliant though and he sedated me slightly before doing the spinal. I felt the tiniest nip and then it was over. Then he did femoral nerve blocks on my hip area but as i had the spinal i never felt a thing. I asked him to please keep me asleep as i would freak out if i seen/heard any of the surgery. He kept to his word and i was out all through the 4 hour surgery. It was just an injection into the spine. I woke up and felt so good after.
Your ice pack will be ideal. Try and have a couple though so that you have a fresh pack whilst the other is freezing back up. X


Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum
Wow 4hours surgery I thought it only took 90mins.....??? yes I have two ice packs ready I notice you are very young to have a total knee replacement I saw my consultant today and he went on about was my age saying I was bit young at 52 and how a new knee only lasts 10years but if your in pain you need to have the op x
 
@chicklady mines was a revision tkr so they had to remove the other hardware and cement first before putting in the new one :-) i was 42 when i had the first one and now 43 lol. I was bone on bone with no cartilage left and 2 osteotomies never helped so TKR was only option


Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum
 
@chicklady I am not too nervous - my first TKR was in August of 2014
I created a thread today if you want to chat there. I am new to BoneSmart - just getting used to the posts/replies
 
Hi all !!! I sure wish I had found this forum 6 weeks ago! I am now 9 1/2 days away from my first of two TKRs. My surgery date for the first one is March 30. They will do the second one "when I am ready". Tammyk and Starr R...I see we are surgery buddies!
 
Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Back
Top Bottom