2015 June Sunbeams - are you having hip surgery in June?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have brought forward this month's list so that you can easily see who your surgical buddies are.

Welcome to our latest and all June Sunbeams!


[Bonesmart.org] 2015 June Sunbeams - are you having hip surgery in June?


Feel free post your surgery date in this thread, and I will add you to the list. Start a thread of your own in the Pre-Op Hip Section to post comments and share your journey toward hip replacement. Here's the link that gives you the instructions you need to do this: Starting a new thread and posting

01 June 15 Teecup, Mbone (her second), Cynjl
02 June 15 Lauren Spin Trainer (bilateral)
08 June 15 Hip Happy, Janie4, Bluebell53
09 June 15 HollyB (her second), SalJR83, Glinda, Milasmom
11 June 15 LynnardSkynard (bilateral)
12 June 15 gogreen
15 June 15 Kay9, PDA (her second), agileHippie, Dakotagirl, Tweefishy, Editormom
19 June 15 cj19mann (her second)
22 June 15 three coasts, jrhill72
23 June 15 Bluebell53
24 June 15 Dashinghippie (bilateral)
26 June 15 Fairlight
30 June 15 Diwassohip
 
June 15 for a LTHR due to congenital hip dysplasia. Will hopefully fix my LLD, which is at least a 1/2 inch. Nervous about how tight everything will be until it gets used to the new length. Doc says I don't know how great I'll feel since I've never really had a hip on that side. Hope he's right!
 
Hi all. Am having RTHR June 9 and would love to be part of the group!
 
Hey folks! So happy to find this group...my surgery is scheduled for June 30,am looking forward to it...and for all the info from this site. Thank you for being here for all of us


Sent from my iPad using BoneSmart Forum
 
I am having a left hip replacement operation on June 26th. I have osteoarthritis in left hip. I had been putting it off because of fear that I might be worse off after operation but it is only getting worse and I can hardly walk. So praying that I will have a good outcome of operation.
 
Hi all - I'm going in this Tuesday AM for my RTHR. I'm told I'll be inpatient three nights, then off to rehab for a week (hopefully). Any suggestions about what to take in the way of clothes and shoes? I'm figuring on bringing loose dresses and the baggiest pants I own for PT, but I'm not sure what other than a robe I'll need for the hospital. Also, I was told sandals not a good idea, so I've bought stretch laces for my sneakers - any other suggestions? Thanks, Deb
 
Hi all,
1st time here, nice forum, thanks.

Quite a shocker to me, but am doing
BTHR 24 June 2015.
Like the other member said, "I can't believe I'm doing this", tho at this point, the pain is so bad and so regular, I want them OUT. NOW.
:)
 
Left THR done June 1st. Right THR scheduled for June 22nd. Nice to be in a support group of others also going through this!


Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum
 
Milasmom, good luck tomorrow. I'm planning on a robe for the hospital and warm socks with the grippies on the bottom. I'm also going to go to a rehab facility for a few days. I got some knit, loose fitting pj pants, shorts, and crop pants to wear during recovery. I'm sure there will be swelling so material that has give and is soft is what I'm going for. Not sure what shoes to take since I'm prone to foot swelling when I have hip or knee trauma. I have some that can slip on so that's what I plan to wear.
 
@Josephine, can you please add my new surgery date (23 June) to this thread. Thanks. Bluebell53


Sent from my iPad using BoneSmart Forum
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

  • benne68
    Staff member since February 4, 2022

Members online

Back
Top Bottom