2015 December SuperNovas - Are you having knee surgery in December?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi @Rosieglasses and @Knee4me (and everyone else anticipating surgery)

I hope being on this forum has alleviated your concerns somewhat, although I'm sure you'll be really glad when the date finally comes. It was certainly that way for me! I can tell you that after having my right knee replaced on 11/9, I can't wait until getting my left knee done in 1 week. Yes, it was a rough couple days right after the first surgery and will be again, but OMG, the first time you stand on that knee, even though the abused muscles and tissues are screaming, your knee still feels SOLID and that bone pain is gone.... what a relief!

Have you read any of the threads on the post op side or even better, the Success stories in the Library? And yes, some people have had problems but other people (like me fortunately) have had relatively easy early days. Based on my experience, exercise and work on strengthening your quad and core (abdominals) as much as you can up until the surgery. There is no way around it, its a nasty surgery but I think everyone on this forum are so glad they did it.

E
 
@saanmar and @mobayley and everyone else, I don't think anything anyone can say will relieve all your anxiety, but look through the Library for all the information you'll need on preparing for the surgery and the home care afterwards. Read the success stories! Check out the threads on the post-op forum to get some idea of what can happen. Recognize however, if you come across someone having problems, there are also those whose recovery was relatively easy. Believe me, it is so worth getting this done! The emotional support you get before and after your surgery is absolutely awesome.
 
I am having my right knee totally replaced on December 7th and I am happy and scared at the same time... I am looking forward to finally being out of pain but the anticipation of the recovery is scary
 
I have brought forward this month's list so that you can easily see who your surgical buddies are.

Welcome to our latest and all December SuperNovas!



[Bonesmart.org] 2015 December SuperNovas - Are you having knee surgery in December?


Feel free post your surgery date in this thread, and I will add you to the list. Start a thread of your own in the Pre-Op Knee Section to post comments and share your journey toward knee replacement. Here's the link that gives you the instructions you need to do this: Starting a new thread and posting

01 December 15 CoachH, Snowshoe66, ScooperTR (bilateral), murphie2, KarenA (bilateral)
02 December 15 Raebee
04 December 15 yellowrosewftx, Thirdn1
07 December 15 Rosieglasses, Knee4me, Redtgr54
08 December 15 wah001 (his second), samp, freeriderNC (bilateral)
09 December 15 kayak59 (her second)
10 December 15 Blueberry Girl, tpro (partial)
14 December 15 MartialKnees (bilateral), XKV8R (bilateral), dancerosetree, heyspider
15 December 15 saanmar, Redradish, Gottamove
16 December 15 PennyAnte46 (bilateral partials), sharonc60, Lone Wolf (her second)
17 December 15 iamshrdlu (partial & her second), PeterL (his second)
18 December 15 Mobayley, loslocos
21 December 15 Juniper1 (bilateral), Debit (revision)
22 December 15 jarabas
28 December 15 GratefulNana (bilateral), chicklady (her second)
 
Whenever I go to the grocery store to buy milk, I always check the expiration date. I'm not looking forward to seeing the first one that has any date later than Dec 14th...

Not that I've been avoiding grocery shopping, I just haven't had occasion to go until this morning. We needed milk and some other things.

The expiration date on the first carton I checked was 12 Dec., and I thought, "Oh good." Then I checked another one, and the date was 20 Dec. :yikes:

I guess I went careening past that mile marker without even seeing it... :bolt:
 
I've been reading the forums for quite a while. Before the first doctor, before the first appointment, and before all of the shots that didn't work. Thank you all for all of the valuable information. LPKR on December 10th and because of this place I feel like I'm prepared. Well, sort of anyway.
 
I'm booked in for a TKR on the 18th Dec 2015 any helpful tips about home preparation - many thanks


Sent from my iPad using BoneSmart Forum
Hi I see your from UK I had TKR in march due for my next one 28th December 2015 I found having a bed down stairs for the first week helped stairs can be difficult when you first come home but really that's all I needed I,m lucky because we have a downstairs toilet and shower room
 
@kayak59 Hoping all went well today. I'm getting prepared now to get up early and catch a 4:50 am train. Tomorrow is the day.
 
I am having TKR on December 24th. Very nervous even though I have had many surgeries before. I guess knowing it is going to be painful rehab is bothering me the most.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Back
Top Bottom