Guest viewing is limited

2015 December SuperNovas - Are you having knee surgery in December?

Status
Not open for further replies.
[Bonesmart.org] 2015 December SuperNovas - Are you having knee surgery in December?
@yellowrosewftx, you have been officially added to the December surgery list!
 
Hi, I am scheduled for a BTKR 12/28/2015. I somehow found this forum through another process and have found it very enlightening. Thank you.


BTKR Scheduled for 12/28/2015
 
I have brought forward this month's list so that you can easily see who your surgical buddies are.

Welcome to our latest and all December SuperNovas!



[Bonesmart.org] 2015 December SuperNovas - Are you having knee surgery in December?


Feel free post your surgery date in this thread, and I will add you to the list. Start a thread of your own in the Pre-Op Knee Section to post comments and share your journey toward knee replacement. Here's the link that gives you the instructions you need to do this: Starting a new thread and posting

01 December 15 CoachH, Snowshoe66, ScooperTR (bilateral), murphie2, KarenA (bilateral)
04 December 15 yellowrosewftx
09 December 15 kayak59 (her second)
14 December 15 MartialKnees (bilateral), XKV8R (bilateral), dancerosetree
15 December 15 saanmar, Redradish
16 December 15 PennyAnte46 (bilateral partials), sharonc60
18 December 15 Mobayley
22 December 15 jarabas

28 December 15 GratefulNana (bilateral)
 
Last edited by a moderator:
Hello all,
Surgery scheduled for December 1 (RTKR). As the date gets closer, my anxiety is increasing!
What are others doing to prepare?
 
Right knee, December 15th. Positive attitude, with an underlying slice of nervousness and a side of hopefulness.
 
I am having BTKR on December 28. I completely understand being apprehensive. This is the scariest thing I have ever done. I am two years older than you, Snowshoe66. Everyone tells me to be assured that I am in very good health, or the OS would not have suggested bilateral. I have lots of projects that I didn't get done during the spring and summer because of the very large vegetable and fruit garden that my husband and I take care of at our youngest daughter's house. I also do a lot of canning. I have a list of sewing projects and household projects, and I am concentrating on them. The holidays are almost upon us, so it is easy to keep my mind occupied and not full of "what ifs." We are going to Disneyland Christmas week with our two daughters, son-in-law, and five-year-old granddaughter. I will probably still be singing, "it's a Small World After All" when they put me under

Di


BTKR Scheduled for 12/28/2015
 
I am scheduled for Dec 1....I am having BTKR and have been scheduled for four months and it has taken that long to process that I really need this done. I am scared but excited to really live again. Feel unprepared as Christmas is closing in but I am giving a gift to myself, hopefully!
 
Last edited by a moderator:
1 Dec is my go date for RTKR. A little excited and a lot anxious. Thanks to all of you I dont feel alone. I will be glad to get this show on the road!
 
Looks like a lot of us are scheduled for December 1st. I'll be having BTKR after years of knee pain. I'm loving the information on this website. Nice to hear encouraging words!
 
My surgery is December 1st, I guess I have posted under the wrong month!! Anyhow, I can still read good information!!
 
I am having a LTKR on December 14th. I guess I am a bit younger than most and I am very nervous... Especially since the other knee will need replacing soon too. I thank my father every day for these knees! Pre-op visit tomorrow -fingers crossed.
 
Last edited by a moderator:
LTKR on December 4th! Was told 10 years ago this was coming so have had many years to wrap my head around it. A little scared, but I am pretty excited to not have daily pain any longer!
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

  • Jockette
    Staff member since March 18, 2018
  • djklaugh
    Staff member since December 30, 2020
  • Jamie
    Staff member since Feb, 2009

Members online

Back
Top Bottom