Guest viewing is limited

2015 August Hot Shots - Are you having knee surgery in August?

Status
Not open for further replies.
T minus 1 week, guys! Is anyone else starting to get extremely nervous? I stopped my meds on Friday and Oy, vey! This girl is hurting.
 
I have brought forward this month's list so that you can easily see who your surgical buddies are.

Welcome to our latest and all August Hot Shots!


[Bonesmart.org] 2015 August Hot Shots - Are you having knee surgery in August?


Feel free post your surgery date in this thread, and I will add you to the list. Start a thread of your own in the Pre-Op Knee Section to post comments and share your journey toward knee replacement. Here's the link that gives you the instructions you need to do this: Starting a new thread and posting

03 August 15 Wildflower6 (her second), Fireball 63 (revision: partial to total), Gojennygo (her first), etndeadhead
04 August 15 okiegirl, Birdy (bilateral)
05 August 15 metalheart (his second), Linda808
07 August 15 KneeBop
10 August 15 DogSitr
11 August 15 bdink21, zombie fan, Poz222
13 August 15 mla925
17 August 15 grannys
22 August 15 Dani45
31 August 15 Gojennygo (her second)
 
I am very nervous. I will be done 2 weeks from today. Good luck to all who are before me. Hope all of our surgeries go perfectly.
 
Scheduled for TKR on left knee August 3. I am new here and not exactly tech savvy so please be patient with me! I look forward to sharing this experience with you all.
 
had many problems with the doctor do this surgery. I have canceled the surgery for now. A $10 brace has helped more then anything he has done. don't know what to do next
 
@abe faxman, I have removed you from the August surgery list. I would suggest that you look for another surgeon, one who specializes in revisions.
 
Having a LTKR on August 13 at John Muir Hospital in Walnut Creek, CA. First week or so of recovery will be at my sister's home since I have 26 stairs to get to my living space at home. Final pre-surgery visit with my ortho on Tuesday. Very confident in his skills and looking forward to straightening my leg out once again.
 
I'm scheduled for 26th August for my TKR - I am completely bricking it now and getting into a right state over it.
 
I finally was able to log in. Tuesday august 11th at 12:00pm i will get my right total knee replacement. Im very nervous. It seems like it would never come and now its only four days. I worry about the iv and how it is to wake up.
 
I am scheduled for TKR on my right knee (the biomet signature knee??) on August 11 in Florida. Getti g everything prepped here!
 
My surgery is on the 11 and my knee is conformis knee. I also am getting to the end of my todo list:)
 
Thank u bottomswallow. Now it looks like three for tuesday. Cool. Almost done;)
 
Strangely, I have had bi-lateral hip replacements and bi-lateral shoulder replacements and one hip revision and I am sooooo much more nervous about the knee replacement. I have suffered from JRA pretty much all my life and I had my first replacement at 28 years old. I am now 44 and this one has me pretty freaked out. I know once done, I will do,what I always do, plug ahead and get moving... But it's got me a bit in knots...
 
I cant wait for tuesday to come so when im up at midnight because my knee hurts so bad i cant lay down its healing pain not horrible bone on bone. I honestly cant take much more.
 
I'm 44 and scheduled for my first TKR on my right knee on 26th August in London. Anxious, loosing weight and wish it was next week instead
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

  • Jockette
    Staff member since March 18, 2018
  • djklaugh
    Staff member since December 30, 2020
  • Jamie
    Staff member since Feb, 2009

Members online

Back
Top Bottom