Guest viewing is limited

2015 August Hot Shots - Are you having knee surgery in August?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi everyone. I am new to this so hope I am doing it right. I am scheduled for a left knee replacement on August 17. I am having my pre-admission testing and physical on Wednesday, July 22 and hope to get a lot of information at that visit. This will be my first surgery so am a little nervous. I think this Forum will help.
 
I have brought forward this month's list so that you can easily see who your surgical buddies are.

Welcome to our latest and all August Hot Shots!

[Bonesmart.org] 2015 August Hot Shots - Are you having knee surgery in August?


Feel free post your surgery date in this thread, and I will add you to the list. Start a thread of your own in the Pre-Op Knee Section to post comments and share your journey toward knee replacement. Here's the link that gives you the instructions you need to do this: Starting a new thread and posting


03 August 15 Wildflower6 (her second), Fireball 63 (revision: partial to total), Gojennygo (her first)
04 August 15 okiegirl, Birdy (bilateral)
05 August 15 metalheart (his second), Linda808
07 August 15 KneeBop
10 August 15 DogSitr
11 August 15 bdink21
14 August 15 abe faxman (revision)
17 August 15 grannys
22 August 15 Dani45
31 August 15 Gojennygo (her second)
 
[Bonesmart.org] 2015 August Hot Shots - Are you having knee surgery in August?
@grannys, you have been officially added to the August surgery list!

We want to share your journey with you. Please start a thread of your own in the proper forum. To start a new thread about your recovery, hover your mouse over "Knee Replacement" on the white line below the blue line at the top of the page. Click on "Knee Replacement Pre Op Area". On the upper right hand side under the white line under the blue line, you will see a black rectangle with the words "Post New Thread" in white. Click on this, enter whatever title you want for your thread, tab down to the dialogue box and start typing your post.

Also, here is the Library link that gives you the instructions you need to do this:
Starting a new thread and posting

By starting your own thread, you and your questions and concerns will receive the attention they deserve. I look forward to seeing your first post.
 
Hi I am being admitted on 21st August for Surgery on 22nd. Mixed emotions at present, had pre op assessment last Friday so seems very real now. Thanks


Sent from my iPad using BoneSmart Forum
 
[Bonesmart.org] 2015 August Hot Shots - Are you having knee surgery in August?
@Dani45, you have been officially added to the August surgery list!

I think you will be amazed at how wonderful a shiny brand new man made hip is. I never think about mine any more---and being pain free has changed my life.
 
My second TKR this year is August 5th to replace the left knee. My right knee was replaced January 5th, 2015. I have been cycling, going to the gym, some swimming, and otherwise carrying forward what I learned from the first replacement to get ready for recovery from upcoming surgery.
 
[Bonesmart.org] 2015 August Hot Shots - Are you having knee surgery in August?
@metalheart, you have been officially added to the August surgery list!

There'll be no stopping a man with two shiny brand new man made knees!!!!
 
going for a revision after only 1 year. the poly spacer may have failed. lots of movement in knee. the date of surgery is aug 14.
 
Bottomshollow -
I accidentally gave you the incorrect date. I was so focused on my departure date (flying from HI to CA on Aug 3).
My TKR is August 5th not the 3rd. Sorry for the error - thank you for correcting it.
 
I'm having a R TKR on August 3rd. Just had my left one done in June. :)


Sent from my iPad using BoneSmart Forum
 
Hello My name is Ginger and I am having a total knee replacement on August 3. 2015. I had a partial knee replacement in NOvember of 2014 and it has failed parts are loose and causing me terrible pain to put weight on it. So I am going to have to go through a revision. I am scared to death. I know what I went through with the partial and now to have to take out those parts and do a total. Hopefully it will fix my problem, so looking forward to getting back to being able to walk without limping.
 
Hello!

I am having a total knee replacement on my right knee Aug. 3 and a total knee on my left Aug. 31. Like everyone else on here, I am happy/excited/scared/freaked out, etc.!

I had my pre-op appt. on Friday and met some awesome people who work at the hospital. (Hi Sara, who works with Dr. F!). Sara reminded me about this forum, so I thought I would check in and work on calming my nerves. I have already received some good advice on here, so maybe I can repay that favor.
 
I see my surgeon on Friday to schedule knr but I plan to call in the am to see if I can get worked in this week,i hate all this pain.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Back
Top Bottom