2014 September Sapphires - Are You Having Knee Surgery In September?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have brought forward this month's list so that you can easily see who your surgical buddies are.

Welcome to our latest and all September Sapphires!


[Bonesmart.org] 2014 September Sapphires - Are You Having Knee Surgery In September?


Feel free post your surgery date in this thread, and I will add you to the list. However, please start a thread of your own in the Pre-Op Knee Section to post comments and share your journey toward knee replacement. Here's the link that gives you the instructions you need to do this: Starting a new thread and posting

02 September 14 @mama2sinead, @westendstation
03 September 14 @supjam, @suzmichelle
04 September 14 @amber777, @cbrniner, @gumdrop ('s hubby), @kenslover (revision)
05 September 14 @Shmi47 (bilateral), @Jlh0301
08 September 14 @MotownGirl66, @Jozilla (her second)
10 September 14 @JulieKloozJones, @Jane B., @DKing, @Dharleyd
11 September 14 @Libemom, @Jnoverton (his first), @MadKnitter
14 September 14 @CityGirl
15 September 14 @Daisey
16 September 14 @Satsu
17 September 14 @cindizimm, @PuppyLove (bilateral)
18 September 14 @Celle (her second),@jackspratt, @waitingtogarden (her second), @Spike 65
19 September 14 @Yorkimom
22 September 14 @HobbitCatMom, @warfel24, @bettysgone-Sept-5-2013 (her second)
25 September 14 @Jnoverton (his second), @jojo6693
26 September 14 @appaloosa girl
29 September 14 @Scaredy cat, @kimkong (bilateral)
30 September 14 @54andfighting (her second)
 
BTKR on September 29. Better knees and hiking Colorado mountains ahead!
 
I'm nervous to say the least. But only want to go through this one time and hope it's the right decision.
 
Thinking of all my fellow knee peeps this week as we get new parts!! Had a flare up out of no where yesterday....just standing there putting the face on to go for a haircut. OWIEEEEEE I am a big mess. Looks like another bleed. The hub is saying no way am I going for a haircut....I am saying yes way as he maneuvers me into and out of the car with my yelps!!!!......with the walker he assisted me and I have new hair!! We girls have our priorities. Now how am I going to get in and out of the spa chair for my toes??? Does anyone know if they care what condition your knee is in when they do the surgery??? I mean, I know this is full of blood anf huge....but what the heck....they are supposed to fix it right??? So glad I am a type A and have everythinbg prepared except for cleaning the house this week.....sigh......I am ready to rock n' roll on Thursday the 11th. Does anyone know why the pain radiates up into the butt and down around the ankle and into the bones on the top of that foot?? My leg is screamin and I will be going in asking how soon can I have the spinal??? I am rambling.....Libemom here.
 
Hi there! Forgot about this! Mine is at 12:30. When is yours? Of course I'm bringing my knitting! I'll be knitting up until they take me in for surgery! I'll have to work on something very easy! How about you?



Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum
 
I am planning on having a CPM machine at home. It was recommended to me by a friend that had the surgery. What do you think? Good luck - I'm getting my hair cut tomorrow - lol! Gotta get it short. Hope your leg feels better.


Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum
 
Madknitter: I have no idea what time!! The paperwork says they will tell me 1-2 days prior.
We are at day 2 prior.
Is your CPM machine the same as a ROM? My surgeon does not do the ROM...YES!!!! :loll:
My new "yarn" is a ribbon ....have you used this? I did two rows but it is weird. I can only make scarves.
It will be left in the car for the hub to retrieve if I am so inclined to work at it.
R U anxious? I hate being put under :rolleyes:. Will have a spinal first. And you?
I am packed and finishing up the house today. Nails and toes tomorrow.:snork::loll:
The hub has to do some household supply shopping since I'ma limpin and gimpin :eeeuw:.
Sending you gold energy and good thoughts.....:elevate:...hope we stay in touch for the next couple of days and afterwards!!! Peace, Libemom

Now who is the third one having surgery on Thursday also???
 
@MadKnitter
Some people love the CPM machine. Others hate it. It's a matter of personal choice and the surgeon's recommendation.

Studies have shown that, long-term, whether you have a CPM or not makes no difference to the final result.

@Libemom ouch! Your poor knee! Have you tried icing and elevation?

CPM = Continuous Passive Movement (or Motion ) machine.
ROM = Range of Motion (of your knee) -how far you can bend and straighten it.

Best wishes to all having knees done this month.
 
I find myself doing all the same things you are doing. Haircut & Clean house in afternoon (hopefully my new steamer will come so I can do the floors), last minute grocery shopping, walk my 3 dogs, have coffee with my best friend in afternoon, out for dinner in evening (no wine tho, darn!). I think the CPM machine is the same as a ROM - I'll have to see how it goes. Good luck on Thursday -- let's keep in touch!
 
I had my surgery on Sept 2. Waiting for it to begin is a challenge. What helped a huge amount
were the Preparing for Surgery meditation by Peggy Huddleston and another one I found in amazon audible by Maggie Staiger.
I listened to these whenever I felt anxious, woke up with bad dreams & even after surgery. Now I listen to Maggie Staiger healing from surgery.
I had a huge bone spur that took an additional 2 hrs to remove but they got it all & my extension was better immediately. I was worried about the messages I kept getting that I wasn't incapacitated enough but I now feel really strongly that we shouldn't be waiting until we are more incapacitated. I was really strong going into surgery and I could support my weight on my surgical knee the day following surgery. My nerve block didn't wear off rightv away. I had 90 degrees flexion almost right away.
Wishing you all the best in your upcoming surgeries!
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Back
Top Bottom