2014 September Sapphires - Are You Having Knee Surgery In September?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have brought forward this month's list so that you can easily see who your surgical buddies are.

Welcome to our latest and all September Sapphires!


[Bonesmart.org] 2014 September Sapphires - Are You Having Knee Surgery In September?


Feel free post your surgery date in this thread, and I will add you to the list. However, please start a thread of your own in the Pre-Op Knee Section to post comments and share your journey toward knee replacement. Here's the link that gives you the instructions you need to do this: Starting a new thread and posting

02 September 14 @mama2sinead, @westendstation
03 September 14 @supjam, @suzmichelle
04 September 14 @amber777, @cbrniner, @gumdrop ('s hubby), @kenslover (revision)
05 September 14 @Shmi47 (bilateral), @Jlh0301
08 September 14 @MotownGirl66, @Jozilla (her second)
10 September 14 @JulieKloozJones, @Jane B., @DKing, @Dharleyd
11 September 14 @Libemom, @Jnoverton (his first), @MadKnitter
14 September 14 @CityGirl
15 September 14 @Daisey
16 September 14 @Satsu
17 September 14 @cindizimm, @PuppyLove (bilateral)
18 September 14 @Celle (her second),@jackspratt, @waitingtogarden (her second), @Spike 65
19 September 14 @Yorkimom
22 September 14 @HobbitCatMom, @warfel24, @bettysgone-Sept-5-2013 (her second).
23 September 14 @Mimi2Konnor
25 September 14 @Jnoverton (his second), @jojo6693
26 September 14 @appaloosa girl
29 September 14 @Scaredy cat, @kimkong (bilateral)
30 September 14 @54andfighting (her second)
 
Jane B.
Good luck today! My first knee is being done tomorrow with the second one six weeks later. I'll see you on the other side.
 
@supjam
Which meditation by Maggie Staiger are you listening to for recovery from surgery?


Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum
 
Healing a part of the body using hypnosis to activate your own body's healing abilities.
Starts out at the same visual lake as the pre surgery & then changes.
 
I am putting it in my calandar.

Another thing I did pre-surgery was to get a massage. I wanted my muscles to be loose for surgery in hopes that it would make separating my quad easier. It also generally made my body feel more relaxed.
Massage can cause release of toxins so I did it Monday before my Wednesday surgery and drank a ton of water up until my surgery.
 
I've been doing a lot of stretching and strengthening exercises for quite a while, trying to be as strong as possible prior to surgery. I wish I had thought of the massage - too late now, will have to save it for afterwards. I've been drinking lots of water all day, don't want to be dehydrated.
 
I felt bad that I hadn't mentioned it sooner for you but thought purges would still have time.
You are doing al the right things. To me the biggest challenge is what Maggie steiner
says in her audio... you have researched everything, you have done your part. Now let go and trust that your team has the knowledge to do what they have been trained to do. This was my biggest goal for this surgery because it is my biggest weakness. I like to be in control. It is a waste of our energy and the more we trust the less fight/flight hormones will be in our body. The more energy we can put toward healing. Know that you are going to do great! !
 
LOL!! Thanks for your encouragement -- I appreciate it. I'll be thinking of you and your continued healing!
 
@MadKnitter and @supjam, please post things like the above in your respective personal threads. This thread is primarily for listing surgery dates so you will know who is having surgery in September. It is okay to wish members well just before their surgery dates, but other comments should be made to one another in each other's personal threads. Thanks for your cooperation.
 
To my September Sapphire friends,
we are doing well on the postop side.
We are thinking of you and looking forward to your joining us.
Jamie
 
Meewee, bilateral surgery 29 Sept 2014
 
I have brought forward this month's list so that you can easily see who your surgical buddies are.

Welcome to our latest and all September Sapphires!


[Bonesmart.org] 2014 September Sapphires - Are You Having Knee Surgery In September?


Feel free post your surgery date in this thread, and I will add you to the list. However, please start a thread of your own in the Pre-Op Knee Section to post comments and share your journey toward knee replacement. Here's the link that gives you the instructions you need to do this: Starting a new thread and posting

02 September 14 @mama2sinead, @westendstation
03 September 14 @supjam, @suzmichelle
04 September 14 @amber777, @cbrniner, @gumdrop ('s hubby), @kenslover (revision)
05 September 14 @Shmi47 (bilateral), @Jlh0301
08 September 14 @MotownGirl66, @Jozilla (her second)
10 September 14 @JulieKloozJones, @Jane B., @DKing, @Dharleyd
11 September 14 @Libemom, @Jnoverton (his first), @MadKnitter
14 September 14 @CityGirl
15 September 14 @Daisey
16 September 14 @@Satsu
17 September 14 @cindizimm, @PuppyLove (bilateral)
18 September 14 @Celle (her second),@jackspratt, @Spike 65
19 September 14 @Yorkimom
22 September 14 @HobbitCatMom, @warfel24, @bettysgone-Sept-5-2013 (her second).
23 September 14 @Mimi2Konnor
25 September 14 @Jnoverton (his second), @jojo6693, @waitingtogarden (her second)
26 September 14 @appaloosa girl
29 September 14 @Scaredy cat, @kimkong (bilateral), @meewee (bilateral)
30 September 14 @54andfighting (her second)
 
Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Back
Top Bottom