2014 November Nimbles - Are you having knee surgery in November?

Status
Not open for further replies.
  • [Bonesmart.org] 2014 November Nimbles - Are you having knee surgery in November?
    @Jezebel, you have been officially added to the November surgery list!
 
I have brought forward this month's list so that you can easily see who your surgical buddies are.


Welcome to our latest and all November Nimbles!


[Bonesmart.org] 2014 November Nimbles - Are you having knee surgery in November?


Feel free post your surgery date in this thread, and I will add you to the list. Please do not chit-chat in this thread. Start a thread of your own in the Pre-Op Knee Section to post comments and share your journey toward knee replacement. Here's the link that gives you the instructions you need to do this: Starting a new thread and posting

03 November 14 MercysPeace, Sweetielola, ridgetop01
04 November 14 gr82cu2 (her second), Jezebel
05 November 14 Paradise06 (her second)
10 November 14 LondonLady (partial to total revision), snowelag, Bell96, Bender (her first), WaterXlvr
11 November 14 sandbar525
12 November 14 Threads (bilateral), Bender (her second), hbacres (her second), west@23rd
13 November 14 mickey8255
14 November 14 RedRider
15 November 14 Holly
18 November 14 momkellz, LaxMom, mystikfairy61
20 November 14 Elizabeth U, Syl Dawn, GamsGoneWild
24 November 14 sandy beach, Saaryia, Dheatherman
25 November 14 SuperSnapper, Shellbell, Wilma
26 November 14 martizan46 (bilateral)
 
November Nimbles. I am scheduled for November 10 L TKR Conformis


Sent from my iPad using BoneSmart Forum
 
I am having my TKR on November 24th 2014. I am excited, but a little worried.
 
I am scheduled for knee replacement surgery Nov. 20. I will keep you up to date on my progress. Let us hope we are free from pain and on our way to a speedy recovery for the new year. I wish you all the best. Syl
 
Hi Gang !

Well tomorrow is the first, and the beginning of us November Nimbles ! Good luck to all of you before me and after me :angel: I hope you all do well with your recovery.

I saw my OS last week, and he's not putting the Stryker in. He's putting in the https://www.depuy.com/uk/healthcare-professionals/product-details/sigma-cr150 . This was the site he referred me to. All I can say is :yikes: lol. I'm still scared senseless but still also pushing forward, and getting things ready here at home so I have room to get around easy and for PT. OS said I will be in the hospital 3 days, coming home on the 3rd day and PT coming to the house the same day. I had a 2 hour class last week also. The lady was called the " Navigator " . She told us in a room full of people , what to expect before , during and after our stay in the hospital. PT will consist of a long machine that plugs into the wall, you put your foot on it and it pushes your leg back and forth. This is to be done 1 hour twice a day. I guess that takes the place of your bicycle idea. There are a bunch of other exercises I physically have to do also. It sounds like a vigorous " boot camp " to me. :tiredwheel:LOL. She gave us each a sponge to scrub our knee for 10 minutes the morning of surgery and said it will be scrubbed 2 more times after that. The 2nd in the " OR Prep Room , the 3rd in OR . The Anesthestist came in and told us what he / she will do. It sounds like a nerve block with a spinal block is the best way to go. They will also put you in like a twighlight with it. He said that is much better than General Anesthesia. Pharmacy came down and talked about the drugs for pain etc. I'm a strong stubborn person, so I'm sure I will get through it with limited whining....lol. I just pray everything goes well and I hope this terrible thought of what happens if my body rejects it goes away !

I hope everyone in the forum is doing well. I sure did miss ya's. But with no news I didn't want to bother anyone . :hi:
 
Hi all. I've been lurking here for a few days and registered Left total knee scheduled for 11/20. Hoping it's like child birth and I'll forget the rough parts of my recovery enough to plan on having the right done in spring of 2015. Thank you for all the great info on this site!
 
Hi everyone on November surgery list. I just want to wish everyone a successful operation, hospital stay, and very good recovery. I've been through this already on RTKR almost a year ago, and have learned a whole lot about what to do and what not to do. I'm soooo happy to have found Bonesmart, which was only recently, so knee #2 post-op should be a whole lot wiser. I live in France, and the hospital stay is 6 days if going to a rehab, and a bit longer if going home. It seems in the US, the hospital stay is 3 days; last knee operation I was hooked up to IVs through the 3rd day! Hope to see everyone on the other side...good luck to all. I'll be thinking of you
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom