2014 November Nimbles - Are you having knee surgery in November?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have brought forward this month's list so that you can easily see who your surgical buddies are.


Welcome to our latest and all November Nimbles!


[Bonesmart.org] 2014 November Nimbles - Are you having knee surgery in November?


Feel free post your surgery date in this thread, and I will add you to the list. Please do not chit-chat in this thread. Start a thread of your own in the Pre-Op Knee Section to post comments and share your journey toward knee replacement. Here's the link that gives you the instructions you need to do this: Starting a new thread and posting

03 November 14 MercysPeace, Sweetielola, ridgetop01
04 November 14 gr82cu2 (her second), Jezebel, drat
05 November 14 Paradise06 (her second), swalker (bilateral)
10 November 14 LondonLady (partial to total revision), snowelag, Bell96, Bender (her first), WaterXlvr
11 November 14 sandbar525, LaxMom
12 November 14 Threads (bilateral), Bender (her second), hbacres (her second), west@23rd
13 November 14 mickey8255
14 November 14 RedRider
15 November 14 Holly
18 November 14 momkellz,, mystikfairy61, Katfin
19 November 14 tom
20 November 14 Elizabeth U, Syl Dawn, GamsGoneWild
24 November 14 sandy beach, Saaryia, Dheatherman
25 November 14 SuperSnapper, Shellbell, Wilma, eldon, Marciebp

28 November 14 toohip's hubby (bilateral)
 
@LaxMom - I can't find your personal thread so I'm sending good thoughts way for tomorrow for here! Maybe you can set up a recovery thread to ask and get answers to any questions you have, from the other side. The November Nimbles will be thinking of you tomorrow.
 
Mickey8255, Thanks for the update. I had mine (pre op) yesterday. Three hours long. What was that about your body rejecting the knee part? Yikes:yikes:! I didn't know anything about that. But positive thoughts. My surgery is Nov 24th. I will be praying for all the November Nimbles.
 
I am having a zimmer put in. Anyone know anything about these? And chickylady I am scared too. They did tell me that I will have a spinal, which I didn't realize they could do for a knee replacement. Oh yeah and I'm a big lady. Anyone else big or heavy? I want to know if this will complicate things?
 
Hi everyone on November surgery list. I just want to wish everyone a successful operation, hospital stay, and very good recovery. I've been through this already on RTKR almost a year ago, and have learned a whole lot about what to do and what not to do. I'm soooo happy to have found Bonesmart, which was only recently, so knee #2 post-op should be a whole lot wiser. I live in France, and the hospital stay is 6 days if going to a rehab, and a bit longer if going home. It seems in the US, the hospital stay is 3 days; last knee operation I was hooked up to IVs through the 3rd day! Hope to see everyone on the other side...good luck to all. I'll be thinking of you
I was told during a TKR Class a couple of weeks ago that we only stay in the hospital 3 days strictly because of insurance companies don't want to pay for any longer than that.....Geeeze.
 
Hi Gang ! Well tomorrow is the big day ! And yes, I'm a nervous wreck...lol. I keep telling myself next week this time I will be home, getting better. I wonder how long before I can actually sit and get on the PC ?? lol. Then maybe I can come in and say hello and give you an update as to how it's going so far. Any ideas as to what to take to the hospital since they have you up and walking the 2nd day and have you on that exercise contraption for an hour 2 x's a day ? I don't know if I should take PJ's or shorts. I wear nightgowns at home. But will change that to PJ's. Any advice is helpful and thank you !
 
I am going in November 25th; anything to get out of cooking Thanksgiving dinner
 
Good luck everyone this upcoming week!! (Eek! I'm nervous)


LTKR November 20, 2014
RTKR sometime in 2015
 
Thinking of all of you with surgeries this week! Sending love and prayers for success!


Sent from my iPod touch using BoneSmart Forum
 
Just wanted to send some love out to my fellow November nimbles! If you're still in the waiting line lemme tell ya...the other side is awesome!
 
I had my surgery yesterday. Not too bad but I still have pain in my leg. I have my first therapy in an hour. can't wait to get up and test the new knee.
 
Nov. 4, 2014 LTKR to complement my Dec. 30, 2013 RTKR.
 
[Bonesmart.org] 2014 November Nimbles - Are you having knee surgery in November?
@drat, you have been officially added to the November surgery list!
 
Thanks for the well wishes.....this site is so helpful for knowing what to expect and helping to not push past the pain to do to much. I have overdone a couple of times in the last few weeks and boy oh boy do you pay. But mostly it is just slow and steady wins the race. I am walking with a cane sometimes and unassisted at other times. Taking walks a couple of times a day and exercising. Due to the Holiday last week I did not have any PT. I am looking forward to getting back to it this week.
 
@WaterXlvr, Please start a thread of your own in the knee replacement recovery forum. Here is the link that gives you the instructions you need to do this: Starting a new thread and posting

By starting your own thread, you and your questions and concerns will receive the attention they deserve. I look forward to seeing your first post.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom