2014 May Marvels - Are you having knee surgery in May?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have brought forward this month's list so that you can easily see who your surgical buddies are.

Welcome to our latest and all May Marvels!
[Bonesmart.org] 2014 May Marvels - Are you having knee surgery in May?
[Bonesmart.org] 2014 May Marvels - Are you having knee surgery in May?


Feel free post your surgery date in this thread, and I will add you to the list. However, please start a thread of your own in the Pre-Op Knee Section to post comments and share your journey toward knee replacement. Here's the link that gives you the instructions you need to do this: Starting a new thread and posting

01 May 14 @sarah101613 (her second)
05 May 14 @Wellness in Virginia (bilateral)
12 May 14 @Pipt (first)
13 May 14 @midwest girl
14 may 14 @dpg3 (bilateral)
19 May 14 @msmechanic58 (bilateral), @Javamama (bilateral), @Highpointer42 (his first), @Biscuit, @summerwind
20 May 14 @Spider, @Streetglide, @Josie B (bilateral), @NWMSU42
21 May 14 @Drewsie (her second), @MzRicketts, @Layla290 (bilateral)
26 May 14 @mommamagoo
27 May 14 @LauraLeigh (bilateral)
 
Last edited by a moderator:
Here I am again - a May Marvel for the second time. Last May was my Right TKR, this May it's time for the Left one. I had hoped the left one would last a few years longer but it unexpectedly buckled on me and the damage was complete. I got my date yesterday, May 12. Happy to be on the website again, you all really helped me out last year. Now that I know what to expect, I REALLY need you!
 
That is an awesome list of folks who are taking a big step in reclaiming their lives---you are going to take back your life that arthritis stole from you!

Congratulations!
 
I am having partial KR on Thursday 5/1/14 however surgeon may do TKR if wear is very bad. I had a left TKR in October 2013 so would like to join the group


Sent from my iPad using BoneSmart®
 
Thank you for adding me, in tomorrow for blood tests and then hopefully operation Thursday morning. Will post again after the op. Wish me luck x


Sent from my iPad using BoneSmart®
 
2 weeks from today is my surgery! Time is going by fast and I feel like I have a ton more to do to get ready!!


Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum
 
I am ready to do this. If I had it my way, we would just do it tomorrow so that I can get on with getting better.
 
Changes at pre-op appointment today. No longer simultaneous BTKR. Going to do the knees 5 weeks apart. My first knee (RTKR) will still be May 20 and the LTKR is scheduled for June 24. Is this what you call on this site a staged BTKR vs. simultaneous? Does this mean I get to be a Marvelous (May) Sunbeam (June)?
 
Last edited by a moderator:
Having Bilateral Knee Replacement Surgery on May 21. I'm ready but some nights I get anxious and have a hard time getting to sleep. I'm worried about what the pain intensity level and tolerating it. I have fibromyalgia so I hope the surgery doesn't set off a major episode.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Back
Top Bottom