Guest viewing is limited

2014 June Sunbeams - Are you having hip surgery in June?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Guess I will be joining the June hippes. Right hip 30 June
 
I have brought forward this month's list so that you can easily see who your surgical buddies are.

Welcome to our latest and all June Sunbeams!


[Bonesmart.org] 2014 June Sunbeams - Are you having hip surgery in June?


Feel free post your surgery date in this thread, and I will add you to the list. However, please start a thread of your own in the Pre-Op Hip Section to post comments and share your journey toward hip replacement. Here's the link that gives you the instructions you need to do this: Starting a new thread and posting

02 June 14 @Daffy dill, @Dasher8
03 June 14 @nogods, @MG1973, @Serenity41 (bilateral), @Allycat (her second), @brooklyn
04 June 14 @Vetgirl (revision)
07 June 14 @Jock1961
09 June 14 @allahere, @crv
10 June 14 @anna127, @Stripey
12 June 14 @Maryland
16 June 14 @PA Gal, @Skyblue66, @lablawrence
17 June 14 @eric.tx, @derek1968 (his second), @hipalonghopalong
18 June 14 @StaceyLynn (her first), @maplesugar,
19 June 14 @notjusjen, @Elsie Foust (bilateral)
20 June 14 @Keecamp (her first)
23 June 14 @MarkK (his second), @short1, @wannabebrave, @waterman1 (his second), @rbtaylor14
24 June 14 @whofwhof
25 June 14 @44riggo
26 June 14 @OneHipDone (her second)
30 June 14 @Mikeb
 
Hi derek1968
I am in canada. Thanks for the info on the showering. I am sure it's hard work and am very fortunate to have the surgery in the summer so I can get outside. Our winters are snowy and cold.
 
I guess still it would be lovely. You will be fine. I've hand my mini melt down a few weeks ago. Now I can't wait to get it over and start a new life. Good luck and hope to hear how your going after the operation.


Sent from my iPad using BoneSmart Forum
 
Well its getting more real??!!! I now have my final pre-op appointment next Thursday with the Occupational Therapist, Physio therapist,Nurse and Anesthetist. They go over all the details, provide the list for aftercare products and all the rest. I am hoping to leave the hospital with only a cane. I have done a lot of my own pre op physio strengthening. I would love to hear from other Hipsters who have already had THR.
 
Welcome @hipalonghopalong I suggest you start a thread of your own in the Hip Pre Op section of the forum.

Here is the link that gives you the instructions you need to do this: Starting a new thread and posting

By starting your own thread, other members will pop by and this provides the opportunity for you and your questions and concerns to receive the attention they deserve.
 
Please add me to the June sunbeams. Surgery is June 16. Will create a pre-op post shortly.
 
Best wishes to this weeks's June Sunbeams... We will be waiting for that all important first post surgery update.

09 June 14 @allahere, @crv
10 June 14 @anna127, @Stripey
 
My RTHR was today, June 9, 2014. I'm in the PCU now :)


Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum
 
No idea how to add my name to the June hip Replacements. Do I write it here or start a new thread? Looks complicated! I am having my second (right) THR on 26 June. Let's hope it's better than my experience of 5yrs agony my protracted recovery due to surgeon making replacement leg 4cm longer than the right leg.
 
Welcome to @OneHipDone - another Aussie.. Yay!

Judy will add your name the June list.

In the meantime I suggest you start a thread of your own in the pre op forum. Here is the link that gives you the instructions you need to do this: Starting a new thread and posting

Thursday will be here before you blink.. Looking forward to getting to know you :)
 
Can someone help, I understand there us a button top right or bottom of page to start a new thread but I can't see it anywhere, I was sent the link page but couldn't see it. I am using an iPad. What does the button look like, dies it say 'start new thread'??
 
Hi @OneHipDone - if you go back to this page....

https://bonesmart.org/forum/view/hip-replacement-pre-op-area.4/

There is a black tab with white writing saying 'Post New Thread'

I am also on an iPad.. If you are still having an issue here are the instructions to tag me :)

Just a tip, if you want to "tag" someone in response to their messages to you just type in the @ sign immediately followed by their user name and you'll see a small box in the posting area where the members user name will display. Sometimes there might be a very slight pause, but the member user name will appear.

it will show their correct name which you can click on -- then when you submit your post the member's user name/link will turn blue and send a message to them person, like this:

@Poppet
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom