2014 June Sunbeams - Are you having hip surgery in June?

Status
Not open for further replies.
[Bonesmart.org] 2014 June Sunbeams - Are you having hip surgery in June?



If you're having surgery in the month of June, I hope you'll join our June Sunbeams for a bright start to your life with your new joint!

Your fellow Sunbeams will help you along the way with warm hugs and lots of support!


We have found that surgery and recovery is easier if you have a group of folks who are going through similar experiences.

@Jamie: good luck for you sunny ones! I assume a group for July will be set up by you, too? Can't wait to join, because I am due R THR in July—


Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart®
 
I am having left thr on June 3rd.
 
I have brought forward this month's list so that you can easily see who your surgical buddies are.

Welcome to our latest and all June Sunbeams!

[Bonesmart.org] 2014 June Sunbeams - Are you having hip surgery in June?


Feel free post your surgery date in this thread, and I will add you to the list. However, please start a thread of your own in the Pre-Op Hip Section to post comments and share your journey toward hip replacement. Here's the link that gives you the instructions you need to do this: Starting a new thread and posting

02 June 14 @Daffy dill, @Dasher8
03 June 14 @nogods, @MG1973
04 June 14 @Vetgirl (revision)
09 June 14 @waterman1
10 June 14 @anna127, @Stripey
17 June 14 @eric.tx
18 June 14 @StaceyLynn (her first), @maplesugar
19 June 14 @notjusjen
23 June 14 @MarkK (his second), @short1
24 June 14 @whofwhof
 
Please add me to the list in June, my date is June 9! Do I start a thread, I'm a little confused...
 
[Bonesmart.org] 2014 June Sunbeams - Are you having hip surgery in June?
@waterman1, you have been officially added to the June surgery list!

You have already started a thread "Anyone been there done that?" The note to start a thread is for those who first post here and have not yet started a thread of their own. Hope this helps.
 
Hi June Sunbeams,
I am having left hip replacement on June 19, 2014.
I am so fortunate to have found Bone Smart! I have had three children, and preparing for hip replacement is by far much scarier than preparing to give birth!
I'm happy to join the June Sunbeams' club!
Jen
 
My surgery has been changed from June 6th to June 18th (which actually works out better for me, so yay!)
 
New to the board, 44 years old, need both hips replaced due to severe arthritis. First date is scheduled for June 18th finally with right hip replaced 8 weeks later. Scared to death but so tired of living in pain 24 hours a day and feeling like I am 80 years old in my early 40s.

I understand how you feel. And I want you to know it is amazing, the relief you will feel! The pain from surgery was minor compared to the pain lived with before the hip replacement! I remember feeling like I was 80 also, and it takes a toll on our life in many ways. Keep us informed about your progress. This is a wonderful forum to answer questions, share your experience, and oodles of support. I had right hip replacement in 2012 and have been very happy with the results. In June I will be having left knee replacement, so I will be hanging out here for encouraging words as well!
 
Hi notjusjen! Watson Clinic, Dr. Volpe, Lakeland, is taking care of me. I gotta tell you, after TLHR I can say we get way too concerned about this surgery. The pain is gone quickly, you leave the hospital quickly, and you recover at home quickly. Feel privileged to get it done, remember that I think worked and is working best for me...
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.
Back
Top Bottom