Guest viewing is limited

2014 June Sunbeams - Are you having hip surgery in June?

Status
Not open for further replies.
[Bonesmart.org] 2014 June Sunbeams - Are you having hip surgery in June?
@Dasher8, you have been officially added to the June surgery list!
 
Hi all

I'm having thr done on the 17 June 14. I had my right thr done last year on the 18 June 13. I have to say it was the best decision I have made. I almost have forgotten the I had it done.

But I am having second thoughts about getting my left done. I can't wait as I know I will be out of pain, no more throwing up when I walk down stairs, get in and out of the car, brushing my teeth.

But


I'm having nightmears this time and I'm trying to work out why. Last time I had 1 month and I was in hospital getting the new hip. This time I've had 5 months to think about it. Perhaps it the time I have to think about it. Not really sure. I'm not a small person and it was a struggle for me. I hate having to rely on people and be depended.

When my right hip was replaced I was in hospital for 10 days then home for 3 months. Since then I have been walking and it has be amazing for about the last 6 months. But as my left hip seizes and increases in pain I'm not walking, my new hip is getting sore and that's just as I'm not exercising it. I guess like most I love my food so I have put on 6 kg since my operation last year.

I'm concerned about the drugs the dreaded Cather.

So who here has had both hips done. Sorry to be disjointed in my post. But it's just how my mind is. It's driving me insane.

Thanks for reading my post.


Sent from my iPad using BoneSmart Forum
 
Last edited by a moderator:
Hey Derek1968,
Well we share similar fears and feelings and I guess all with both hips replaced should have our own club, I don't know. I'm wishing I had done both at once, but that is all wrapped up in making excuses. I don't know what the alternative is though, my right hip is killing me how about you?
 
I have brought forward this month's list so that you can easily see who your surgical buddies are.

Welcome to our latest and all June Sunbeams!


[Bonesmart.org] 2014 June Sunbeams - Are you having hip surgery in June?


Feel free post your surgery date in this thread, and I will add you to the list. However, please start a thread of your own in the Pre-Op Hip Section to post comments and share your journey toward hip replacement. Here's the link that gives you the instructions you need to do this: Starting a new thread and posting

02 June 14 @Daffy dill, @Dasher8
03 June 14 @nogods, @MG1973, @Serenity41 (bilateral), @Allycat (her second)
04 June 14 @Vetgirl (revision)
07 June 14 @Jock1961
09 June 14 @waterman1, @allahere
10 June 14 @anna127, @Stripey
16 June 14 @PA Gal, @Skyblue66
17 June 14 @eric.tx, @derek1968 (his second)
18 June 14 @StaceyLynn (her first), @maplesugar, @Keecamp (her first)
19 June 14 @notjusjen, @Elsie Foust (bilateral)
23 June 14 @MarkK (his second), @short1, @wannabebrave
24 June 14 @whofwhof
25 June 14 @44riggo
 
I guess you need to add 'his second' next to my name as the others have I see, please...
 
I just scheduled my left THR for June 16. I was pleased to find this site online this morning.
 
I just scheduled my left THR for June 16. I was pleased to find this site online this morning.
Just got a call and surgery has been rescheduled to June 23.



Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum
 
[Bonesmart.org] 2014 June Sunbeams - Are you having hip surgery in June?
@Allycat, you have been officially added to the June surgery list!

Welcome back to the forum for your second time around. With two new hips, there'll be no stopping you!
 
Hello, please add me to the list. I am having my first surgery on June 18th


Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum
 
Derek,

I am having my right hip replaced on June 23th. I had my left hip replaced 18 months ago. I decided to do this second hip more quickly, no need for the pain to increase so much as last time before the surgery. I had a much better recovery than you did, so perhaps I am less apprehensive, but here is the bottom line: You cannot happily live with a 'diseased' hip which has no cartilage, and this sort of operation is very successful. And I am plenty scared and bummed out about major surgery: No matter how good the surgeon, things can go wrong, and no matter how well it goes, there are weeks or (short) months of unpleasant recovery. But you cannot live a happy life in so much pain. Get it done, you will be a happy man. And you are only 46 years old, you have a long life ahead of you!

Best,

Mark
 
Welcome to all the June Sunbeams - you have much to look forward to - a new life without bone on bone pain :)
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom