Guest viewing is limited

2014 June Sunbeams - Are you having hip surgery in June?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have brought forward this month's list so that you can easily see who your surgical buddies are.

Welcome to our latest and all June Sunbeams!


[Bonesmart.org] 2014 June Sunbeams - Are you having hip surgery in June?


Feel free post your surgery date in this thread, and I will add you to the list. However, please start a thread of your own in the Pre-Op Hip Section to post comments and share your journey toward hip replacement. Here's the link that gives you the instructions you need to do this: Starting a new thread and posting

02 June 14 @Daffy dill, @Dasher8
03 June 14 @nogods, @MG1973, @Serenity41 (bilateral), @Allycat (her second), @brooklyn
04 June 14 @Vetgirl (revision)
07 June 14 @Jock1961
09 June 14 @allahere, @crv
10 June 14 @anna127, @Stripey
16 June 14 @PA Gal, @Skyblue66
17 June 14 @eric.tx, @derek1968 (his second), @hipalonghopalong
18 June 14 @StaceyLynn (her first), @maplesugar,
19 June 14 @notjusjen, @Elsie Foust (bilateral)
20 June 14 @Keecamp (her first)
23 June 14 @MarkK (his second), @short1, @wannabebrave, @waterman1 (his second)
24 June 14 @whofwhof
25 June 14 @44riggo
 
Hey, my date needs changed to June 23, second hip, please...
 
Thanks. I don't know how to post update. I go in 7:15am on Monday, after doing shower with Hibiclens the night before and morning when I get up. I am scared but strangely calm now.
 
Best wishes @brooklyn for Monday - thinking of you from the "land of OZ" :)
 
To all the June Sunbeams sitting in the waiting room...

Do not fret - it really is over before one realises!
Do not worry about a man made hip - the new one works and will continue to work!
Do understand that 'patience' will become your new friend!
Do understand that each little milestone, that was normal before, will now take all your energy!
Do remember to question anything and everything - it is your right!
Do remember to love the new you (not just the OS)!
Do not be shy about asking for help, or simply saying - I can't do that today but will be stronger to do it tomorrow!

Time, patience, and pain will be still with you, just in a different form!
 
Hello, I am having my left hip done June 17th. A bit nervous, excited but mostly looking forward to the new joint.
 
Hi, my day has been pushed back 2 days from June 18th to June 20th. So could you please make that adjustment to the list please.
And I'd also like to wish good luck to all fellow June Sunbeams!


Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum
 
Frustrating when the dates are changed. Mine was originally June 2 and now June 17th. My mind had been prepping for the first date; although it has given me more time to plan with work etc.
Good Luck June Sunbeams.....
 
Anyone have any suggestions ideas about showering after a THR? I am not sure I can go 7-10 days with only a sponge bath. :nah: Will I be able to lean over the kitchen sink to at least wash my hair?I was thinking there must be something besides a garbage bag and duct tape that I could use? Or is showering going to be the last thing I worry about or want?
 
Hi hipalong.

The 17th will be an amazing day. Are you in Australia ? Last year when I had my right done only the next day I had a sponge bath. But on day two I was in a wheel chair having a shower and then every day after that. I was in hospital for 10 days I had a ceramic implant. I know it's weeks out bit I'm getting excited. It is hard work don't believe what anyone tells you. It's not easy. But the results after is just amazing. Hip precautions and exercise is the key.


Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom