Guest viewing is limited

2014 January Jackpots - Are you having knee surgery in January?

Status
Not open for further replies.
[Bonesmart.org] 2014 January Jackpots - Are you having knee surgery in January?
@Fawkes, you have been officially added to the January surgery list!
 
Only 2 days to go! LTKR scheduled for January 14, 2014. Nervous, but anxious to have the healing begin!
 
I have brought forward this month's list so that you can easily see who your surgical buddies are.


Welcome to our latest and all January Jackpots!

[Bonesmart.org] 2014 January Jackpots - Are you having knee surgery in January?


Feel free post your surgery date in this thread, and I will add you to the list. However, please start a thread of your own in the Pre-Op Knee Section to post comments and share your journey toward knee replacement. Here's the link that gives you the instructions you need to do this: Starting a new thread and posting

02 January 14 @Bentley's Slave
06 January 14 @Bluetechseeker, @Overdidit
07 January 14 @CraftyOne77 (bilateral), @Robo37
08 January 14 @hbacres
13 January 14 @socomtwiggy (partial to total)
14 January 14 @nervousnelly23, @traveler1, @JackiFL (bilateral),@KneestoGo, @glazed151, @ksmarvin
15 January 14 @Tina65
16 January 14 @yiayia3, @miniscusless
20 January 14 @NEEDY
21 January 14 @Tilly, @dragonflywoods
22 January 14 @jimmy1956 (his second)
23 January 14 @newkneesNH (bilateral)
24 January 14 @nurse54
27 January 14 @need2nees, @Biscuit, @RickSt
28 January 14 @Cutter's Mom, @dogwheels
29 January 14 @Fawkes (bilateral), @Texan
 
New guy here. Had a TRKR on October 9th 2013. Am having a TLKR on Jan 22nd 2014.
 
Welcome, Jimmy.....I'm glad you joined us. When you have your surgery in a few days, be sure and start up a recovery thread of your own so we can all follow your recovery journey! You can even start it now if you like, so it will be ready for you when you're ready to post.
 
January marks many "new beginnings" and so it will be for those of you having joint replacement surgery this month!

You have hit the January Jackpot!!
​
[Bonesmart.org] 2014 January Jackpots - Are you having knee surgery in January?

If you're having surgery in January, please post here and join the group. It is so helpful to have the support of others who will go through the waiting for surgery and recovery along with you. Get to know each other and you may just end up with a new friend or two who can share your experience.​

Surgery January 20th left knee time is clicking like my knee has been
 
Wow after reading some posts I am getting stressed before surgery and normally I dont as I have many of differant surgerys over the years. Maybe knowing to much is the cause I also have read some good feedback from many. I go in on Monday yikes I feel like the room got smaller already :-)
 
Hi Needy,
You will be fine. I too felt scared after reading some of the posts. You have to remember everyone is different and reacts differently. I am having both knees done Jan 23 a few days after you. I too have had a bunch of surgeries and have always done well. You are young and strong and you will do well. If you start a thread on the recovery side we can follow each other's progress. My physical therapist said to stop reading stuff online week before surgery. Try to relax get rest drink water. Prepare you home hospital bag and stay busy if you are at home. I will be thinking of you on Monday. Write when you are able to let us know how you are doing. There are many positive and supportive people here. Be positive and kind to yourself.
 
Yes, Needy.....please try not to worry!! Remember your medical team does this every day and it's just another day at the office for them. You chose wisely with your surgeon and you will be well cared for. You really don't have to do anything but show up! And....if you find you're still a bit nervous when you get to the hospital, ask for a cocktail of "happy juice" to take the edge off. It can really make a difference.
 
I am having TKR on January 29th. I wasn't brave enough to have both done at one time! The right knee will be done later in the year. I have been reading everything about knee replacement on the website and it has been really helpful.
 
Hi, Texan....welcome!!! Congratulations on your surgery!

If you would like to chat a bit before your surgery, how about creating a thread of your own in the Pre Op Forum. Then you can tell us a bit more about yourself.
 
Thanks for the support Jamie and wow (NewkneesNH) having both done at the same time you make me fee better already with your courage. Bags are packed walker, crutches, toilet riser, and shower stool are ready for me. Plus my new 31in shoe horn to go with my new slippers :-).

Talk to you all soon !!!

Thanks

Matt
 
I wish you a successful surgery tomorrow and will be sending positive thoughts your way. Let us know when you are able how you are doing. You will be thankful to have a new stronger knee :)
 
@nurse54 I'm having mine on the 28th in Illinois, United States. I've done all the pre-op workup so now it's just a waiting game. My knee has hurt so bad for the past 4 days that I am ready. I wish you good luck and will be looking for your recovery thread. I hope you get over your cold soon. ~Joy
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom