Guest viewing is limited

2014 December SuperNovas - Are you having hip surgery in December?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have brought forward this month's list so that you can easily see who your surgical buddies are.

Welcome to our latest and all December SuperNovas!

[Bonesmart.org] 2014 December SuperNovas - Are you having hip surgery in December?


Feel free post your surgery date in this thread, and I will add you to the list. Please do not chit-chat in this thread. Start a thread of your own in the Pre-Op Hip Section to post comments and share your journey toward knee replacement. Here's the link that gives you the instructions you need to do this: Starting a new thread and posting

01 December 14 nickster1963
02 December 14 rob3dr (bilateral)
03 December 14 Fredsanford
08 December 14 jp1964, theweezyone, teejay1
09 December 14 doug
11 December 14 Cinderella, CaderaNueva:), matty3241, ralmas1001
15 December 14 kayjule
17 December 14 LibraryLynn, kfenn
18 December 14 Mamanordy
 
To all the December SuoerNovas sitting in the waiting room...

Do not fret - it really is over before one realises!
Do not worry about a man made hip - the new one works and will continue to work!
Do understand that 'patience' will become your new friend!
Do understand that each little milestone, that was normal before, will now take all your energy!
Do remember to question anything and everything - it is your right!
Do remember to love the new you (not just the OS)!
Do not be shy about asking for help, or simply saying - I can't do that today but will be stronger to do it tomorrow!

Time, patience, and pain will be still with you, just in a different form!

Looking forward to following your recovery journeys.
 
Bilateral total hip replacement, postieria approach, December 11th. Can't wait
 
December 17th, left THR.
 
@aly, you have been officially removed from the December surgery list!

My head is spinning a bit, too. Hope your new November date is firm---know you do.
 
well like I said I have my surgery scheduled for dec 8th. you know I am usually not scared of anything, but this whole situation has me petrified. my wife asked me what I was actually scared of and after some deep thought I guess the best answer it the unknown. does that make sense. I have a reasonable expectation of what I am facing and everything, but still I am fearful of the unknown. I realize that for the most part I have been in denial for years making excuses for not being able to do this or that and telling myself that its really not that bad. all the while I have trouble walking any distances and my legs hurt even when I am lying down. yes here I am once again pondering the possibility of delaying the surgery once again like I did back in march. now here I am 9 months later and my hips still hurt and my mobility continues to decrease little by little. how can I get the courage to do this and move on for the fear of the unknown??? yes it would be nice to take a long walk with the wife without falling back because my hips are hurting so bad. yes it would be nice to play with my daughter without hurting and wanting to just sit down. yes it would be nice to be able to actually sit in a chair without just flopping down like my wife says I do now. yeas it would be nice to walk without a profound limp like a 90 year old man. just scared and apprehensive and feeling scared any help?????????????????????????
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Back
Top Bottom