2014 April Rainbows - Are you having knee surgery in April?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Had a phone call from hospital today. There's been a cancellation! They want me in on Thursday!!!! Please change my surgery date to 3rd April.
@Firemedic124 I'm down for a RPKR, unless surgeon feels the need to do a total once I'm in theatre.
Day after me Mai5ie! Best wishes, see you on the other side!


Bernie UK
RTKR 22nd January 2014
Awaiting LTKR 2nd April 2014
 
I have brought forward this month's list so that you can easily see who your surgical buddies are.

Welcome to our latest and all April Rainbows!

[Bonesmart.org] 2014 April Rainbows - Are you having knee surgery in April?


Feel free post your surgery date in this thread, and I will add you to the list. However, please start a thread of your own in the Pre-Op Knee Section to post comments and share your journey toward knee replacement. Here's the link that gives you the instructions you need to do this: Starting a new thread and posting
01 April 14 @lknforward2nopain, @Eva41, @thebullockpen, @red corvette
02 April 14 @cafecortado
03 April 14 @m1shootr (his second), @BigBend (bilateral)
07 April 14 @den70chev
08 April 14 @sleenie, @tawinoh
10 April 14 @Cannecon, @OHIOGAL, @honey's girl, @hopefaith
11 April 14 @TxKev
14 April 14 @OkieKim, @collie017
15 April 14 @Pumpkln (revision), @lovetocookandsew
16 April 14 @scubanana
17 April 14 @Mai5ie
18 April 14 @sunlight199
21 April 14 @MissDivaBeth, @ChefStang
23 April 13 @TracyW, @idnar, @Billt
25 April 14 @Aprilgirl (her second)
28 April 14 @EmptyHands (bilateral)
29 April 14 @Roselover, @ekars2
30 April 14 @dtmbf
 
Last edited by a moderator:
Had a phone call from hospital today. There's been a cancellation! They want me in on Thursday!!!! Please change my surgery date to 3rd April.
@Firemedic124 I'm down for a RPKR, unless surgeon feels the need to do a total once I'm in theatre.
Hoping it all goes well. I know if they told me I could in on the 3rd, I'd be there in a minute. Good luck and keep us updated.
 
Hi, I'm sunlight199 and I will be having partial knee replacement surgery on the right leg. The surgery date is April 18 and the fun part is that my birthday is the 19!!!! Yay for me, a partial new knee!!! I would like to be put on the April rainbows list. Thanks in advance!!!!
 
Hi All April new knee buddies, Add me on as well, im having total right knee done on 14th April. Getting a ceramic knee (doc showed me one and its GOLD!) so i said i will take the gold one please. They are supposed to last 30 years Heres hoping. good luck all Aprils :-) Cheers from Sydney Australia
 
@OkieKim just found your messages. Welcome to the site. We have the same name if you are a Kim lol. I had btkr in January and every day of healing is better and better. I will follow your journey and wish you the best.
 
I'm officially "on the other side". The OS said both knees needed to be done. I was glad to hear that. The operation went smooth. Post op was a little shaky. Did not sleep well. Too much noise. I guess the hospital is not the best place to get any rest. Yesterday they moved me to a more private rehab facility at the hospital. I now have my own room, tv and bathroom. I slept like a log last night. Today starts the real rehab. At least 3 hrs of rehab. OH OH and the best part is, I can shower today. Yeh!
 
I'm officially "on the other side". The OS said both knees needed to be done. I was glad to hear that. The operation went smooth. Post op was a little shaky. Did not sleep well. Too much noise. I guess the hospital is not the best place to get any rest. Yesterday they moved me to a more private rehab facility at the hospital. I now have my own room, tv and bathroom. I slept like a log last night. Today starts the real rehab. At least 3 hrs of rehab. OH OH and the best part is, I can shower today. Yeh!

GREAT News …. Glad everything when OK for you You well up and walking in no time ..
I well only be in the hospital over night …
Keep us all updated on how you are doing
 
Day 1 post op rehab. I was assigned a OT and a PT tech today. They each took turns beating me up. It takes a little time to get your meds straightened out but once they are in place one can relax. Did some exercises, some walking. learned how to take my shoes and pants on and off. It's tough doing two knees. Especially the double pain part. Totally exhausting. Did get a shower today. It felt so good to get three days of crud off me. The best part of the room I'm in is it has it's own thermostat so I can keep the room as cool as I want. Use lots of ice. rest when I, sleep when given the opportunity. Took almost two and half hour nap today.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

  • benne68
    Staff member since February 4, 2022
  • Layla
    Staff member since November 20, 2017

Members online

Back
Top Bottom