2014 April Rainbows - Are you having knee surgery in April?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi Jamie,

I am scheduled for a BTKR on April 23rd. I have my thread on the Hip Recovery side; should I start a new one on the knee side?

Thank you.
 
I have brought forward this month's list so that you can easily see who your surgical buddies are.

Welcome to our latest and all April Rainbows!

[Bonesmart.org] 2014 April Rainbows - Are you having knee surgery in April?


Feel free post your surgery date in this thread, and I will add you to the list. However, please start a thread of your own in the Pre-Op Knee Section to post comments and share your journey toward knee replacement. Here's the link that gives you the instructions you need to do this: Starting a new thread and posting

01 April 14 @lknforward2nopain, @Eva41
03 April 14 @m1shootr (his second), @BigBend (bilateral)
10 April 14 @Cannecon, @OHIOGAL
14 April 14 @OkieKim
15 April 14 @Pumpkln (revision)
21 April 14 @MissDivaBeth
23 April 13 @TracyW
25 April 14 @Aprilgirl (her second)
28 April 14 @EmptyHands (bilateral)
29 April 14 @Roselover, @ekars2
30 April 14 @dtmbf
 
I am scheduled for a BTKR on April 23rd. I have my thread on the Hip Recovery side; should I start a new one on the knee side?

Yes! Now that you're going to be a "kneesie," you need a recovery thread in that forum too. Of course, you can always start a thread in the knee pre-op forum too if you have any questions or concerns prior to surgery that you'd like to chat about.
 
April 30 is my date! LTKR & I'll be glad when it's over...
 
My surgery is April 21'st on my right knee - it's a total replacement. After nearly 33 years of various surgeries and now being bone on bone, arthritic as well has having bone spurs I'm looking forward to from what I am told and what I've read, a much better quality of life.
I am considered young for this surgery, but I know that if I proceed with my life in a careful yet still fun way my replacement will serve me for MANY years to come!
 
[Bonesmart.org] 2014 April Rainbows - Are you having knee surgery in April?
@MissDivaBeth, you have been officially added to the April surgery list!

If you haven't already, please start a thread of your own in the proper forum. Here is the link that gives you the instructions you need to do this: Starting a new thread and posting

By starting your own thread, you and your questions and concerns will receive the attention they deserve. I look forward to seeing your first post.
 
I'm new to this forum & don't see the button to start a new tread on my iPad. I am scheduled for LTNR on April 1st. I want to be added pretty please!


Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
 
[Bonesmart.org] 2014 April Rainbows - Are you having knee surgery in April?
@lknforward2nopain, you have been officially added to the April surgery list!

I'm going to tag @Poppet, she should be able to tell you how to start a thread on the iPad. Sorry, I'm only conversant with PCs.
 
My First of two surgery is April 29 7:00 AM on my Left knee - it's a total replacement….
I am real scared Never had surgery before ...
 
[Bonesmart.org] 2014 April Rainbows - Are you having knee surgery in April?
@ekars2, you have been officially added to the April surgery list!

Click on this link Osteoporosis and Knee Replacements
It will take you to the thread you started last year. You can post you new info and surgery date there and ask questions and voice concerns. It won't be long before you get responses.
 
I'm new to this forum & don't see the button to start a new tread on my iPad. I am scheduled for LTNR on April 1st. I want to be added pretty please!
Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Welcome @lknforward2nopain - I like your user name :)

To start a new thread, go to the Knee Pre Op list and at the top right you will see a black box with white writing saying post new thread. Give your thread a title and post away. I qualify this by saying that I don't use Tapatalk. I have a short cut on my iPad desktop which takes me straight to the forum.

Just a tip, if you want to "tag" someone in response to their messages to you just type in the @ sign immediately followed by their user name and you'll see a small box in the posting area where the members user name will display. Sometimes there might be a very slight pause, but the member user name will appear.

it will show their correct name which you can click on -- then when you submit your post the member's user name/link will turn blue and send a message to them person, like this: @Poppet

Tag me if you have a problem :)
 
Hello April Knee Gang. I'm scheduled for TKR on April 10th and the closer it gets the more scared I get. Reading many posts on this forum, there is such a wide range of personal experiences. From easy peasy to hellish nightmare. I'm generally an optimistic person, but with my upcoming knee replacment, I'm thinking worse case scenerio for me. (Of course, it doesn't help that a good friend of mine just had a partial knee replacement, and she ended up having a mild heart attack, and embolism in her lung, asparated some vomit and started develop pnemonia. Then had a allergic reaction to a megdose antibiodic.) I guess I just have to try to think positively about this surgery. I'm going to hope by summer , it will all be worth it!
 
Hello April Knee Gang. I'm scheduled for TKR on April 10th and the closer it gets the more scared I get. Reading many posts on this forum, there is such a wide range of personal experiences. From easy peasy to hellish nightmare. I'm generally an optimistic person, but with my upcoming knee replacment, I'm thinking worse case scenerio for me. (Of course, it doesn't help that a good friend of mine just had a partial knee replacement, and she ended up having a mild heart attack, and embolism in her lung, asparated some vomit and started develop pnemonia. Then had a allergic reaction to a megdose antibiodic.) I guess I just have to try to think positively about this surgery. I'm going to hope by summer , it will all be worth it!

Yes you need to think Positively .I think of all the good people told me how they have there life back and can walk again .I know but I am scared too as the time get closer I well be like you .I still got 52 days to go ….
Hang in there You well be OK and up dancing in no time
 
Thanks for the encouraging words Ekars2. I'll try to keep those positive thoughts going through my head!
 
For my birthday today. I had my pre-op class at the hospital - it was very informative. The phlebotomy person got my vein the very first time! That's a great present!!


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Back
Top Bottom