2014 April Rainbows - Are you having knee surgery in April?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have brought forward this month's list so that you can easily see who your surgical buddies are.

Welcome to our latest and all April Rainbows!

[Bonesmart.org] 2014 April Rainbows - Are you having knee surgery in April?


Feel free post your surgery date in this thread, and I will add you to the list. However, please start a thread of your own in the Pre-Op Knee Section to post comments and share your journey toward knee replacement. Here's the link that gives you the instructions you need to do this: Starting a new thread and posting

01 April 14 @lknforward2nopain, @Eva41, @thebullockpen
02 April 14 @cafecortado
03 April 14 @m1shootr (his second), @BigBend (bilateral), @hopefaith
8 April 14 @sleenie
10 April 14 @Cannecon, @OHIOGAL, @honey's girl
11 April 14 @TxKev
14 April 14 @OkieKim
15 April 14 @Pumpkln (revision)
21 April 14 @MissDivaBeth, @ChefStang
23 April 13 @TracyW, @idnar, @Billt
25 April 14 @Aprilgirl (her second)
28 April 14 @EmptyHands (bilateral)
29 April 14 @Roselover, @ekars2
30 April 14 @dtmbf
 
April 21 for me. Left knee TKR using the Signature System. My Doctor is the one in the video and the same DR that did my fathers knees.
 
I'm 5 days before you @sleenie . We March, April and May bilats will learn a lot and lean a lot on each other. Welcome!
 
Hello April Knee Gang. I'm scheduled for TKR on April 10th and the closer it gets the more scared I get. Reading many posts on this forum, there is such a wide range of personal experiences. From easy peasy to hellish nightmare. I'm generally an optimistic person, but with my upcoming knee replacment, I'm thinking worse case scenerio for me. (Of course, it doesn't help that a good friend of mine just had a partial knee replacement, and she ended up having a mild heart attack, and embolism in her lung, asparated some vomit and started develop pnemonia. Then had a allergic reaction to a megdose antibiodic.) I guess I just have to try to think positively about this surgery. I'm going to hope by summer , it will all be worth it!
Hi I'm having my tkr on the same day as you, keep positive no 2 operations are the same, just think the bone pain will be gone , you'll get your mobility back,remember it WILL be worth it, positive thinking is the key, but it is ok to feel a little be scared we are human after all.Best wishes , keep your chin up. Cannecon:-)
 
I scheduled my surgery and it's on April 23rd! After getting the feedback that I received on my concerns about skiing before and after the RTKR (is that how you indicate a right knee replacement?). I am now absolutely convinced that this is the way to go and to get it sooner rather than later. Also, because of the feedback, I decided to go with the more experienced doctor rather than the local doc I know and like. I'm actually excited to have it done and start living a life without knee pain. Right now when I go skiing, I'm always wondering if I'm going to have a good knee day or a bad knee day - it's usually a bad knee day. I'm looking forward to always having a good knee day.
 
Hello Jamie,
I'v been scheduled for a RTKR on April 23rd

Bill
 
Hello Jamie,
I'v been scheduled for a RTKR on April 23rd

Bill
I am having my left knee done April 29 I have 40 more days
and yes like everyone on here scared .But everyone come out saying wish I would of did
this years ago .I know I have no choice if I don't get it done I well not be able to walk
in a year .So Bill you well have your 6 days before me …I well watch your post and see how you are doing .
Mary Ann
 
Total Knee Replacement on Right knee on April 11th, left knee not scheduled but it will be sometime this fall.
 
Hi all you April Lovelies! I found this amazing site in the middle of a sleepless night last night whilst trying to distract myself from the knee pain and find some good advice.....I believe I've hit Gold! This is my 1st post and want to say thank you to the creators and all the contributors for sharing your experiences and knowledge. I am due a LTKR on the 2nd April after having a RTKR on the 22nd Jan 2014. I hope I can get to know some of you more as we journey together.
 
I was scheduled for a RPKR, progressing to a total if the need arose, on 20th March. Operation was cancelled at the last minute. I'm hoping it will now take place on 17th April, but have yet to have that confirmed in writing.
 
TLKR April 10th. I'm nervous, yet very excited at the same time at the thought of being able to live life without pain. :yay:
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

  • benne68
    Staff member since February 4, 2022
  • Layla
    Staff member since November 20, 2017

Members online

Back
Top Bottom