2013 December SuperNovas - Are you having knee surgery in December?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi! :) Could you please add me to your list? My RTKR is on Dec 17. Thanks :)
I forgot to wish everyone Good Luck and that everything goes well with your upcoming surgeries too!!
 
I have brought forward this month's list so that you can easily see who your surgical buddies are.​
​
Welcome to our latest and all December SuperNovas!​

[Bonesmart.org] 2013 December SuperNovas - Are you having knee surgery in December?
​
Feel free post your surgery date in this thread, and I will add you to the list. However, please start a thread of your own in the Pre-Op Knee Section to post comments and share your journey toward knee replacement. Here's the link that gives you the instructions you need to do this: Starting a new thread and posting​
​
02 December 13 @MNDeb, @amackness, @mariaw0121, @Kprune​
03 December 13 @denpucc, @javillgrl, wifiwildflower​
04 December 13 carolyn1941#​
09 December 13 @I'm so ready, @Lmalm53 (father's bilateral), @Jozilla, @Wildcatmo, @I'm so ready (her second)​
10 December 13 @Ph$enix (her first), Chihuahuan​
16 December 13 @Bassman, @B's Knees (bilateral), @bobbiek​
17 December 13 @pdx, Lovedogs​
18 December 13 @irish, @ema8447 (her second), Kathysbeautybiz (her second)​
20 December 13 @czak57​
30 December 13 justmerobin (her second)​
 
Hi all. I'm new here but not new to this whole knee thing. I had my RTKR July 9th of this year and am scheduled for my LTKR December 30th. Thanks for allowing me to join!
 
Welcome new December Super Novas! I'm so excited (only 13 more days for me) and a bit scared (I wish i could go to sleep tonight and wake up in the recovery room!).

Hugs to all December Super Novas!
Denise
 
Hi, fellow SuperNovas. Well, our surgeries are incredibly close now. Mine is Dec. 2nd. Any good advice for staying calm and focused? I know my life will be incredibly improved afterwards, but in this last week and a half before surgery, I seem obsessed thinking about it! Anyone else feel the same?
 
Thinking about you - I'm just the day before you. Best of luck - We'll keep each other and all our fellow SuperNovas strong!
 
I know exactly how you feel. i really want to go to sleep and wake up on 3 December (after my surgery). i've heard from so many people that the worry is normal and the surgery so uneventful that worrying was not necessary but easier said than done!

I can't wait to read all of your posts on the other side!

Hugs,
Denise

P.S. - if i hear one more person tell me that their _______ (fill in the blank with "mother", "father", "neighbor", etc.) had a TKR or BTKR and they were "fine" i will scream! I'm sure they weren't "fine" leading up to the surgery and I'm sure the first few days/weeks weren't "fine".
 
My ltkr is scheduled for Dec. 03rd. I'm trying to stay busy and wrap up all the loose ends. It's scarey...
 
Denise, I am with you 100% !:iagree: I just wish I were not obsessing over it - it's like every waking thought is around the surgery...
 
My ltkr is scheduled for Dec. 03rd. I'm trying to stay busy and wrap up all the loose ends. It's scarey...


Hi, wifiwildflower! Mine is one day before you and I totally understand your feelings! I'm trying to stay focused on what a great Christmas present this is going to be and I keep playing through my "bucket list" of all the things I want to do once I have good knees again! I truly did not fully realize how much my life had been narrowed by all this knee pain until I started making this list! I will be thinking of you and the others. It really is helpful to know that there are others out there like us. Sending you love and tranquility today and all through your outstanding surgical outcome!
 
Wildflower - we are getting new knees on the same day!!!

Amackness - you r right...it seems like all my waking hours are thinking about the surgery. Plus I'm not sleeping too well either!
 
Wildflower - we are getting new knees on the same day!!!

Amackness - you r right...it seems like all my waking hours are thinking about the surgery. Plus I'm not sleeping too well either!
We all have to keep in touch about our progress...I'm not sleeping well either; having weird dreams. I also now have new pains...the back of my knee and my calf muscles are SO sore. Does anyone else have this? The leg muscles must be way out of alignment.
 
Hi, wifiwildflower! Mine is one day before you and I totally understand your feelings! I'm trying to stay focused on what a great Christmas present this is going to be and I keep playing through my "bucket list" of all the things I want to do once I have good knees again! I truly did not fully realize how much my life had been narrowed by all this knee pain until I started making this list! I will be thinking of you and the others. It really is helpful to know that there are others out there like us. Sending you love and tranquility today and all through your outstanding surgical outcome!
Thank you so much! I'm also trying to get all my ducks in a row. It sucks to do this around the holidays, but I had no choice. I'll be thinking of you as well and it will be so good to compare notes when we're on the other side.
 
So glad to hear all of you say this! Yes I am obsessed and I swear I am having new pains every day! BTKR on Dec 2. It can't get here soon enough!! Good Luck to all my fellow December buddies!!
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom