2013 December SuperNovas - Are you having knee surgery in December?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Good for you, BobbieK......you'll be glad you took this step to get your life back!!! You might want to start a thread of your own in the Pre Op Forum and tell us a bit more about yourself. We love getting to know our members.
 
Dec 2nd for BTKR! Scared to death!!
 
TKR scheduled for December 3 on right knee. Terrified because I'm only 43!
 
I'm 70 and will be having TKR on left knee on Dec. 9. which is exactly 9 weeks from the 1st one on RTK Oct. 7th. Hang in there everyone. :puppysmooze: :kittykiss:
 
I am so sorry to hear all you've fine thru. I'm sure you are a very rate case, not that makes you feel any better. Are there better precautions they can take for you so you won't get MRSA again? Please post when you are the other side so I can follow your recovery my Dec buddy!

Hugs
Denise
 
TKR scheduled for December 3 on right knee. Terrified because I'm only 43!
I fully understand!! I'm having BTKR on the Dec 2nd (I'm only 46) and am starting to really freak out!
 
It's normal for a person to feel some anxiety before their joint replacement surgery. After all, it IS a big deal in your life!! The best thing to do is talk out that anxiety (with friends, family or here on BoneSmart) and to get prepared for the big day. There are things you can do prior to surgery that will facilitate your recovery. Also, you want to get any questions or concerns you have resolved. My suggestion is to start reading in the BoneSmart Library (link at the top of the page) and start a thread of your own to tell us a little more about your situation. We love getting to know our members!
 
I have brought forward this month's list so that you can easily see who your surgical buddies are.​
Welcome to our latest and all December SuperNovas!​
​

[Bonesmart.org] 2013 December SuperNovas - Are you having knee surgery in December?
​
​
Feel free post your surgery date in this thread, and I will add you to the list. However, please start a thread of your own in the Pre-Op Knee Section to post comments and share your journey toward knee replacement. Here's the link that gives you the instructions you need to do this: Starting a new thread and posting​
​
​
02 December 13 @MNDeb, @amackness, @mariaw0121, Kprune​
03 December 13 @denpucc, javillgrl​
09 December 13 @I'm so ready, @Lmalm53 (father's bilateral), @Jozilla, @Wildcatmo, I'm so ready (her second)​
10 December 13 @Ph$enix (her first)​
16 December 13 @Bassman, @B's Knees (bilateral), bobbiek​
17 December 13 @pdx​
18 December 13 irish, ema8447 (her second)​
20 December 13 @czak57​
 
Welcome and we will be with you all the way!!
Deep breath


Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
 
Add me to the list. RTKR is scheduled for December 18th. My left knee was done on February 6, 2013 - not too much time in between!
 
Yep. I have to be the rare one *g I will be around. I still don't have a firm date... I would feel better if I did.
 
I have been living in constant pain for the past 10 months due to arthritis of my inner knee. I was told that I am bone on bone and have had a scope as well as 3 injections. My doctor told me that I should consider a partial knee replacement. I am very worried about this as I am going on a cruise in 8 weeks and also love to play softball. The scope made things worse and I am afraid that a partial may also. I am 57 years old and am really torn as to what to do. I am also running into a high deductible (which has been met for this year) and thus to do the surgery would cost me nothing more out of pocket.

If any one has had a partial it would be appreciated if you could let me know how it went after wards, the recovery time you experienced, and also how you are doing now (how long has it been)

Thanks so much
 
TKR scheduled on December 03rd for left knee. Yikes.... thanks for letting me join!
 
Light traveler
If I were you I would have the knee replacement now. Less cost to you less pain to endure.
I understand about the cruise but that can be postponed and you should not lose your deposit. If you are hurting you won't enjoy walking the decks anyway. A year from now will be a great celebration!
 
Please….Add me to the December list! LEFT TKR is scheduled for December 18th. I am still recouping from the RIGHT TKR surgery that was done on Sept. 3rd 2013. :friends:
 
Hi! :) Could you please add me to your list? My RTKR is on Dec 17. Thanks :)
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom